main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Anybody?

I asked another sci fi club I'm in, and no response there either. I'm going to go to Facebook shortly. Let me know if you are interested.

2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I'm curious if that works out. I transferred my Hyatt reservation via email to Hyatt in Chicago by having the person's name and Hyatt reward number (she had to sign up for it and have a cc on file).

3. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Saw this posted on Facebook
    "I just booked the Clarion across from the convention center through TicketsAtWork for $116/night for a studio for 8/24-8/31. They also had a “wildcard” option for $88/night (you either get a standard room with two doubles or a standard with a King, but you don’t find out which until checkin). "

4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    That looks like a pretty good deal!

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    If I hadn't already paid for my hotel I think I would be all over that.

6. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Offer is still valid. I'm going to Facebook tomorrow because I just want to get this off my plate and forget about it.

Yea, I doubt I would be able to directly transfer it to anyone. All I'm going to do is cancel it and then let whoever wants it know that I've cancelled it. Then it's up to them to keep monitoring the reservation system to see it populate, which I'm pretty sure would happen pretty soon after cancelling. I'm not 100% sure of that, which I'll be clear about, but I've seen reservations in that system come and go on the fly. Just trying to give someone an advantage is all.

7. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Reservation cancelled.

8. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope you have a place to stay... ;)

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
  10. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I'm not overly familiar with the area, but I just cancelled my reservation at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South in favor of Marriott Anaheim Suites which is about .3 miles further South. It's at 12015 Harbor Boulevard Garden Grove. Anyone have any thoughts on that hotel or that area? It saved me roughly $25 per night over the Embassy Suites and allowed me to book my Sunday night stay at an even cheaper rate. I'm also a Marriott rewards member. So, I prefer those over Hilton.

I stayed even further away in Chicago. So, I don't think 1.2 miles is a deal breaker on this, but I want to make sure it's a decent spot in a decent area. Think they will be running shuttles from the hotels in this area?

Thank you.

11. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Uh oh...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sadly this is one of the biggest risks of Air BnB. It's horrible and it shouldn't happen but I'm not sure what the rules are on it. Apparently it happens a lot when people realize that there's a big event on and they can get more money. I've seen people say that when booking Air BnB for something like Celebration or Comic Con you should tell the person you're booking with, make sure they are aware of the event, as a way of hopefully mitigating them finding out later and cancelling the reservation to see if they can get more money.

13. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Seems like there should be some policy against relisting at a higher price fora time period that someone has already booked. Hotels aren’t allowed to do that, and you don’t even need a deposit to hold a hotel room in most cases.

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    That is why I could never rent from Air BNB. I'd be neverous all the time I would get dropped. I'd be biting my fingernails down to nubs.

darthvader88 likes this.
  15. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Good thing about Hotels is, you book the room in advance, the price is locked in...

16. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Other than price, what does an AirBNB offer that makes it better than a hotel?

17. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I wonder if Celebration is postponed until next year, would they allow people to keep their hotel reservations, or have them all start over?

18. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    That's a good question.

Looking at the hotels through the official housing partner, I'm surprised more people haven't already cancelled their reservations.

darthvader88 likes this.
  19. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I saw a few hotels that were unavailable now have rooms, so I assume people are cancelling and the website isnt showing us..

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Looking at SDCC they're allowing attendees and exhibitors to either have a refund or transfer their ticket to next year. But for hotels they've said that those who booked rooms through the official hotel block (with On Peake) will get cancellation notices soon, no action required.

Now ReedPop didn't use On Peake this time but I'd guess it will be the same for Celebration. Refund or transfer offered for tickets, official hotel cancelled.

darthvader88 likes this.
  21. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    So in other words for the Hotels, everyone has to start over when and if new dates are announced?

22. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    ECCC was allowing hotel transfers through Connections.

https://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com/About/Travel/Hotels-And-Travel-Discounts/

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Based on SDCC yes. But...

This is another potential option.

Guess it all depends what the new dates would be and what RP can work out with the hotels.

darthvader88 likes this.
  24. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I have to give credit to Connections Housing being so quick to send out emails about the automatic cancellation of hotel reservations after Celebration was cancelled. I got my email from them stating the following less than an hour after the official cancellation:

This is an automated acknowledgement from the helpful protocol droids at Connections Housing. Please do not respond to this transmission as it will not be received and will instead be slowly digested over a thousand years in the sarlacc pit. Instead, please email StarWars@connectionshousing.com with any questions.

Per the recent announcement from ReedPOP, the Star Wars Celebration has been cancelled in 2020. Please click here for the Press Release.

Please note, we have cancelled your Hotel Reservation on your behalf at no cost to you. Should you wish to keep your reservation with the current dates please contact us directly. Our Call Center is Available Monday - Friday 6am - 3pm PST (702-476-6976)

As a thank you for being a loyal Star Wars Celebration fan, you will have first-access to the official hotel booking site when Star Wars Celebration hotels are ready for booking the 2022 dates.

May the Force be with you!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  25. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I just sent in a contact form to TicketsAtWork to see if they will refund the entire amount for my reservation. The original booking says there is an one night forfeiture but I am hoping they do full refunds. I'll update when I get a reply

Edit: Wow, received a response already. A couple of paragraphs but basically boils down to Yes.
    We have arranged with hotels due to these unusual times to be able to refund you the total amount and this "Please note that, as a third party provider, our ability to refund you is dependent upon the return of the credit from our partners. As such, processing times vary based upon how quickly we receive the funds from the supplier."
    So happy about that

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.