main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

PT Anakin’s Attempt to Save Padme

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Kato Sai, Aug 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Force Ghost star 6

Apr 27, 2014
    WARNING! This topic is controversial and may not be suitable for many fans.

Topic: Anakin’s Attempted Force Abortion

I am rewatching thr e ROTS and I took note that Anakin tells Padme of his nightmare, “you die in childbirth.” Now bear with me, “for a dark train of thought will this take.” Is it possible Anakin intended to abort the child on Mustafar with Force Choke? In hopes that if Padme doesn’t give birth she will live? He says once “more machine than man,” to Palpatine, “she was alive! I felt it!” Anakin/Vader doesn’t ask about the child, only about Padme. I noticed when Padme tells Ani she’s pregnant, he has a look of both shock anc jealousy before he resorts to joy; signs of a possessive toxic relationship which views children as competition to affection and attention. I alao note that it is Palpatine in ESB who reveals to Anakin he has a son, he not sensing at all in ANH that Luke is his flesh and blood.

I know such a subject is controversial and I do not bring it up lightly. But we must remember Anakin had no qualms about killing Younglings in the Temple, and later when fighting Luke on Bespin-Cloud City he says, “don’t make me destroy you.” Which proves Vader attachment to his son was thin, at least until ROTJ when he finally acts like a father and rescues his perishing son.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Am I reading to into the emotions I see in Anakin’s face?

2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia/Book Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    We don't need to go down a road like this thread. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.