main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Anakin and Padme Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by mes520, May 7, 2015.

1. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
  2. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    How I miss those days before internet hate! I myself have never personally seen a positive article like the one above. That time will never come again :(

Isn't that the same with most couples, especially movie couples? SW is no exception, why would it be?
    Double post. Could the mods please merge with my previous one? I have found no way to do so myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2019
    IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  3. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I've always loved Anakin and Padme. Growing up, their love story was the one I wanted to see, and hoped I would see. Even knowing that their story would end tragically.

4. Sephiroth1335

Sephiroth1335 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2019
    I can't wait until I get that soundtrack its like the next thing on the buy list sorta deall.

IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  5. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
  6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    it's hard for me to watch the end of ROTS. I dreaded it the first time, just knowing what was coming. Lovely pictures btw

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  7. IHeartKenobi89

IHeartKenobi89 Force Ghost star 5

Nov 17, 2019
    Anakin & Padme are still a better love story than Twighlight.

8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    The guy who impersonated Lucas was on Collider and admitted to loving the prequels. And he said to best understand how GL is into pure cinema and Flash Gordon is to watch the PT in B&W and with no dialogue. So I found this excellent fan edit. It’s beautiful, especially the scenes with Padme and Anakin. And the music and editing are incredible.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    oh my goodness yes, not even close.

10. IHeartKenobi89

IHeartKenobi89 Force Ghost star 5

Nov 17, 2019
  11. Hiccaries

Hiccaries Jedi Padawan

Sep 19, 2018
    Many argue that their relationship came off as flawed but perhaps the ''flawed'' aspect of their relationship is subjective?

In Attack of the Clones Anakin came off as a psychopath to say the least, he openly admitted to Padme that he slaughtered a village of sand people including the children and he often came off as being very possessive over her. Despite these traits, she didn't flinch at his actions on Tatooine and she didn't try to resist Anakin's possessive behavior. This implies that Padme was comfortable with Anakin's actions up until a certain theoretical point and was comfortable with his possessive behavior.

It's important to acknowledge that everyone seeks something different in a relationship. Padme may seek things that some women find... unorthodox.

12. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I think psychopath is definitely a very strong and incorrect word to describe Anakin. If he were a psychopath he would have had no sincere emotional attachment to anyone in his life. Not to mention he would have had basically no emotional response to anything. Not fear. Not anxiety. Nothing.
    And that is definitely not Anakin. He turned to the Dark Side because of his fierce love for Padme.

After the Tusken massacre, he breaks down crying and took responsibility for his actions. He did feel remorse for what he had done and knew it was wrong.

As for him being possessive of Padme, until Episode 3 Anakin and Padme don't see each other for extended periods of time because of their individual responsibilities. So Anakin has no control over Padme or her actions and never acts like she belongs to him or that he should have control over her. He trusts her implicitly as far as we are led to believe. He doesn't start becoming anything close to possessive until he begins to lose control of himself in ROTS. He becomes emotionally unstable because of Palpy's manipulations. He does have deep seeded abandonment issues because of losing his mother, and his fear of losing Padme only compounds them.

13. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I think, while their relationship was complicated, they still very much loved each other.

14. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Strangely, this is true. I remember this rumor and it was really weird. I have to say, fan fiction and speculation before the prequels got into some really strange territory.

15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I would Padme is used more in Canon. She was awesome in TCW and it was cool seeing her in Thrawn Alliances. I say bring on more Padme (beyond young Padme).

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Has anyone been following the new Vader series?

17. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    I am tormented by one thought... On Mustafar, Anakin told Padme that he want to kill Palpatine and rule the Empire. But for that length of time, Palpatine is a guarantee of Padme's survival. What does this mean? Anakin became completely indifferent to his wife, his mind clouded by a desire for power? I see it that way, unfortunately. The book in some way describes Anakin's desire to gain access to the Jedi archives in order to find a way to save Padme... In the film, we can only see a guy who has gone mad with a thirst for power.

Anakin and Padme are an undeniably beautiful couple. But Anakin's actions - distrust, Force Choke, treating Padme like a thing, wanting to possess her... All of this makes Anakin look like the husband who raised his hand against his wife. And such things cannot be forgiven...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  18. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    To me it comes across as Anakin’s telling Padme he only plans to follow Palpatine long enough to save her than once she’s safe he’ll kill him. I vaguely remember a section of the ROTS novelization giving a glimpse on what Vader’s plan was prior to the duel on Mustafar went the way it did.

wobbits and cathiecat like this.
  19. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I agree, I always felt Anakin's only reason for going to the Dark Side was to save Padme. For me, the scene where he says he can't live without her and he goes down on his knees says it all. It's all for the fear of losing and for want of saving Padme. He didn't want to possess her, he wanted to save her, he couldn't save all the people lost during the Clone Wars, he couldn't save his mother, he lost his mother twice even. I really believe even if he had survived Mustafar intact he would have chosen to die once he found out she was gone, definitely would have gone off the deep end if not death. Having watched the PT I could see why Anakin felt the way he did about the Jedi. They really were broken at their core beliefs in many ways. They were also hypocritical, I don't know if it is canon anymore but Ki Adi Mundi was allowed to have a wife and children because his race was in danger of becoming extinct. So many rules of the Jedi were absolute, even though they claimed the Sith were the one's that only saw things one way. They contradicted themselves repeatedly, oops... got off subject, Sorry. Through the years I have enjoyed watching and rewatching all The Clone Wars episodes and those shows build so much on Anakin and Padme's relationship, yes, they were made after ROTS, but I choose to look at all of the different media of Star Wars together, even when written and presented all out of order. In many ways the PT missed the opportunity to convince everyone of the love they shared, I have heard many things, from Anakin being a lecher, to a sadist. Having been ten yrs old when ANH came out, I grew up with this beloved saga and I always imagined Luke and Leia's mother, Padme fulfilled the imagination I had created for their mother in my mind, all I had to go on and knew of the backstory, as it were back in the eighties, was that she was 14 and he was 9, but in my mind I built on that, and for me having that imagination attached to their relationship I guess just enabled me to see the deep love they shared. I am sure many will believe this is all very convoluted, but it's what I see and feel.

BTW, does anyone know of any video that shows every single Anakin/Padme scene including the ones from the clone wars? I can't find one. I don't know enough about how to make one, but I would love to find one.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    ShelbyAmidala and Iron_lord like this.
  20. ShelbyAmidala

ShelbyAmidala Jedi Padawan

Mar 25, 2021
    I love the couple so much, and their ending will forever haunt me. The fact that they didn’t get a reunion after death makes me depressed

21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Did anyone hear about the new Johnston book on Padme?

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yes it's the third in the Queen series. I just finished the first book for the first time and really enjoyed it. I loved that they went in depth into why Padme is so stoic, why her speech is stilted and her movements rather bland - it's all so that she can easily train her doubles to act and sound exactly like her. I also liked that they mentioned she's got gizmos hidden all over in her large gowns out outfits and that indeed her hair pins can double as tools.

I'll be picking up the second book soon. I really enjoyed the first one.

23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I read the 1st last year & thought the same. Sabe was cool too. I have the second but have yet to read it. I don't think the 3rd is listed on Amazon yet which is kinda annoying, I want to preorder it ASAP.

Yea, some people didn't like it because Padme was so aloof seeming but it made it understandable like you said. Anyway I'll take more Padme anyway we get her.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  24. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    Star Wars true power couple.

One a slave, One royalty two destined hearts

Beautiful_Disaster likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I love E.K. Johnston and I’ve really enjoyed the first two books. I look forward to the third.