main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker in the New Films

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I was honestly shocked that they didn't just call him the Emperor like in the OT. It was a nice, miniscule little acknowledgement, but that's about it.

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Obi-Wan or Anakin would have been way too jarring.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    :( I don't think we're ever going to see Anakin in the Sequel Trilogy. In episode 9, Luke will probably be the Force ghost. I'm happy to see Luke again, but what room for the others with him around?

lawton likes this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

There is one scene where Luke mentions Darth Sidious and the old Jedi Order. And that's pretty much all the references to the PT in the whole movie.

It seems the PT is destined to be largely ignored by Lucasfilm, except for an occasional small reference for hardcore fans, which will go unnoticed by the mainstream audiences.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  5. MissJo

MissJo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 6, 2015
    Okay. Just saw the movie and honestly the force ghost scene was completely unnecessary. It was fan service.

But oh well. There is always that theory that it was Snoke who prevented Anakin from communicating with Ben. Will see if there is any true in that.

I really hope that JJ won't ruin everything Rian accomplished.

By the way there were references to whole saga through the movies with certain dialogue. You just have to know all the movies very well to catch it.

Poslato sa SLA-L22 uz pomoć Tapatoka

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Is there more PT references beyond Luke calling Palpatine "Darth Sidious"?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. MissJo

Aug 6, 2015
    Yeah but it is spoilerish. And I am not sure how to put spoiler tags with the app.

Deliveranze likes this.
  8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Not that I recall... There was just sooo much to take in! I have a hundred more questions than before i saw the film. I thought this was the film for answers!! [face_dunno]

Deliveranze likes this.
  9. MissJo

Aug 6, 2015
    I was really paying attention to it. Although right now my brain is fried since it's 1am so can't remember everything.

10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I was disappointed not to hear Hayden's voice, but oh well.

wobbits and Ahsoka Blaster like this.
  11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    there are some subtle ones that are less on the nose but are more there because the prequels set up the lore.

I mean we always call it Luke's Jedi academy but Rey is calling it the new Jedi order.

I think snoke relationship with Kylo is very prequelesk, he referred to Kylo as his apprentice

If people recognise a lot of these subtle things then that's because of the prequels since the OT never set any of this up.

I think if there was room for more PT we probably would get more but in terms of story there probably is no real need

12. MissJo

Aug 6, 2015
    (spoiler) Anakin (/spoiler)

13. MissJo

Aug 6, 2015
    Sorry. I know it's a double post but site was down so that is why the previous message looks like that.

That being said. I think that it is possible we will see Anakin in IX. Especially after events in TLJ.

14. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    There is a very symbolic action in the movie

Anakins ligtsaber splitting in half

The balance is gone, destroyed. With that in mind, just how exactly do we get through 9 without a chat?
    I actually thought the Yoda scene would have been 100 times more powerful with Anakin. Considering what happened after.

wobbits and zam wesell2005 like this.
  15. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    ^^^IDK, I wanted to like the Yoda scene (he's one of my favourite characters) but honestly it felt unnecessary to me. Would it have been more powerful with Anakin? Possibly I guess. But the point of it seemed to be destroying the tree, since the Jedi are more than ancient texts. Nevertheless a bunch of them show up on the Falcon at the end of the movie, suggesting that they are important after all.[face_dunno]

16. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I'm pretty sure there would have been blood in the streets had he been in the movie so I already assumed this wouldn't have been the case.

Avnar and Seeker Of The Whills like this.
  17. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
  18. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  19. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Right I just saw that answered in the other thread. I get let the past die, but you shouldn’t just destroy the chosen one’s lightsaber.

wobbits likes this.
  20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I was surprised by this as well. It’s a shame, but I guess it could’ve still been missing after TESB. It was a fluke of luck that Maz found it in the first place.

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    It's just setting Rey up to make her own lightsaber for the next film ala Luke in Jedi... The thing I am worried about is - What colour will they go with? I think yellow [face_nail_biting]

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I have heard people speculate that maybe her stick might actually be more the it appears, but she isn't aware of it

23. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005

Rey has the two halves. I tried to get a look to see if the Kyber broke, the white light suggests it was compromised and that is the important bit. But then, Anakin's first one was destroyed in the droid foundry and it didn't explode like that. I wonder if there was any special way he made the current one?

24. darksideDINO

darksideDINO Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    I was a tad disappointed we didn't get to see Hayden Christensen, but hopefully we somehow get an episode IX ending mirroring ROTJ that's upbeat and we get to see Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Luke and maybe Ben Solo, Rey or even Qui-Gon all together for the final scene?

25. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    The lack of Anakin was disappointing. After we saw in RotJ its hard to believe father didnt even visit own son to help him. They could have at least mention that.

Darkslayer and Rickleo123 like this.