main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila Fic Index Update & Announcement on New Thread 8/15!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ATindex, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Fantastic work, Yoda - and a big welcome to jagsredlady. [:D]

All the fics that were lost in an errant update months back have been reposted
    [cringes with shame and glares at baaaaad computer] ;) An errant updater am I. LOL

Hoping to have the first issue of the magazine out by about Feb 25th. :)

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] She has been watching this site for a while when I emailed her the link to it. School prevented her from signing up immediately.

3. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I pm'ed the index a really long time ago about my story, but it never was added to the index. Would you please add I Hove You? [face_batting]

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Courtney: She has been watching this site for a while when I emailed her the link to it. School prevented her from signing up immediately.

Yeah, life is funny ;)

Jaya: There are no such PM's in the index, I checked them when I updated. Perhaps you sent it to me or Tahi, because the request does sound familiar, and I certainly remember the fic ;) I really enjoyed it.

Anyway, I added to the index :D

5. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    A few broken links for the index...

[ link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23204792&brd=10477&start=23280208]Prime Numbers[/link]

[ link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=20872299]Bonds of Blood[/link]

[ link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/22095308/?0]Dance of the Dead[/link]

[ link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23108404&brd=10477]Specter of Hope[/link]

[ link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=16260600&start=16260617]The Sith Insurrection[/link]

[ link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22777603&brd=10477&start=22780916]The Smuggler King[/link]

More to come when I have time to hunt them down.

JD.

6. Imperial-Hippy

Imperial-Hippy Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Hi there.

Im not sore if im allowed to do this [face_whistling] but could you very kind people add this story to your index plz [face_praying]

Promise To Live. I Love You. http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/23250671/p1/?10

7. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    You're allowed to do it. But on ONE condition...

Give YodaKenobi & Tahi a broken link, just like we've practiced. *realizes she's sounding insane ... almost like a dad at a basketball game...* This means you can use a space after the equals sign. *sits back in chair*

*cough* This should be interesting *cough cough* :D

C @};- S

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    not that it will be missed :p
    now with broken link

[ link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/23148383/p1/?1]"Angels"[/link]

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    JD: Thanks. I know "The Sith Insurrection" was added at one time (I did it myself), but the fact that it's not there now means we lost more stories in the unfortunate accident than we had on record :( I'll make sure those are added though.

Imperial-Hippy: Perfectly all-right and I will add it.

Courtney: Give YodaKenobi & Tahi a broken link, just like we've practiced.

Actually, broken links don't help at all. I have to go these threads to gather the other fic info that we put in the the index, so it just adds a couple extra steps. I appreciate the extra effort though and know you guys were just trying to make things easier for me.

Please just post a regular link to your fics if you would like them added.

Maggy: Okay, will add it soon :D

10. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Hehe, now I feel stupid. :p

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Nah, no reason to ;) Like I said, I really appreciate the gesture :)

12. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Okay, I have one last question before I exit my "I'm Stupid" phase. :p

Am I helping with this index?

C @};- S

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Fantastic work on the Index, Yoda.

Oh help - did I lose more than the just the poems? Golly - now you have me worried. I'll run my eye back over what's there. It's easy to see if bits are missing due to the fact it's alphabetical.

Courtney - your job is to be liaison between this index and the magazine. So every month I'll PM you to copy the info on new stories here, and send it to me - but with the links broken, so I can include it in the New Stories section of the magazine.

Having said that, if you find stories in Beyond that haven't been included here, just let Yoda know. An extra pair of eyes will be useful. :) I won't be involved with the Index - the magazine is my bag. ;)

14. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Courtney: Red and I are probably enough to handle the index, but if you're really anxious, I can probably find something for you to do. A lot of it isn't really helped by an extra set of hands, as the most time consuming thing is all the coding.

I appreciate your enthusiasm though :D

Tahi: Oh help - did I lose more than the just the poems? Golly - now you have me worried. I'll run my eye back over what's there. It's easy to see if bits are missing due to the fact it's alphabetical.

Not your fault, don't worry about it :D I think we lost some of the fics (probably the lower end of the alphabet) vigs, and poems that were posted in between the time Lonewolf turned the index over to you and I, and the posting glitch. It's probably only a handful of stories, (mostly viggies, I would guess), and "The Sith Insurrection" happens to be one of them. Now that we know it, I can just go back to the story indexes for those months and re-add them (only about 2 months worth, maybe three). It's not a big problem :)

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Whew - that's a relief. All the more reason for me to stay out of the Index. LOL Although I now have a PC that has both IE and Firefox, so I don't have that funny problem the old Mac does with large posts.

I've had a quick look, and I think you're right. There don't appear to be any obvious losses other than TSI. Thank the Maker. :)

16. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I'm naturally enthusiastic. *bows* :p

But I'm fine with what I'm doing right now. Any more work and DRL + the work here online will be the death of me. [/Obi_Wan]

:p

C @};- S

17. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Well, I wrote Stalemate. Stupid challenges breeding bunnies! :p

18. ATindex

ATindex Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2003
    I've gathered all the links over the last year and am in the process or reorganizing everything by author so we can start a new index. Hoping to have something to show for it soon. Thanks for your patience [:D]

19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [:D]

[face_dancing]

:D

:cool:

:D

- The Imperial Ewok

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Finally! Let's get this real show on the road! (And don't forget to organize it by authors this time PLEASE)

C @};- S

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I think that's what I meant by "reorganizing everything by author" :p

22. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    PLEASE HELP.
    I am a rabid A/T'er and have been working on a Tahiri fick that leads into legacy, I have one more chapter, so I should finish it this weekend. However, I'm new to the boards and not very computer savvy. So in other words I have NO IDEA how to post on this website.

Tahi, Yodakenobi...somebody help?[face_worried]

THE PIED PIPER

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Hi, Piper :) Welcome to the boards. Since your story takes place post-Return of the Jedi, you'll want to post it in Beyond the Saga. Click on "Post New Topic" and then it's pretty much like the reply you just made, except you have to fill in the "Subject" line.

It will probably be beneficial for you to browse the board for a while first, see what formats other people are using to help you along.

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing your story on the boards :D

24. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    THE_PIED_PIPER, welcome! Since you're new, you might find the Fan Fiction Orientation Guide helpful. :) If you click a page or two back from the last page on the guide you'll see some helpful ideas on how to NOT format your story. Basically, paragraphs are good. :) Like Yoda offered, you can pm me too if you have any questions. :) Good luck!

25. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I know this site can be confusing, but there's a link near the top of every page that says "Help", and it will tell you everything you need to know. :)

C @};- S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.