main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Anakin the beginning and the end of the Grand Plan

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Love SW2012, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Love SW2012

Love SW2012 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 7, 2020
    For all the flaws of the prequel trilogy movies I am always fascinated by the brilliance of Darth Sidious's Grand Plan and his abilities to manipulate a situation to his advantage.
    The Grand Plan to take over the Galaxy had to be in place before it started when Darth Sidious's created Anakin by manipulating midichlorians to create the most powerful force user of all time. According to Wookapedia the year of Phantom Menace takes place is a busy year for Sidious as he kills his master, I think we can assume before Phantom Menace takes place as Plageous is not in the movie.
    He has timed the blockade of Naboo so that Quigon Jin is dispatched to solve the problem. He has made it so that Tatooine is the best place to take the Queen so that he will discover Anakin. I even think that Shmi is working for Sidious. Is Sidious clouding Quigon's force abilities to block him from detecting Shmi's lies about Anakin's birth. Shmi and Anakin's relationship seems kind of distant, she seems to be pushing hard to get Anakin to go, she doesn't even say I love you when they say goodbye. It just feels kind of odd to me.
    Dart Maul's appearance on Tatooine is also part of Sidious's plan to keep the Jedi involved in Padme's protection.
    Once Padme arrives on Coruscant he plays her like a fiddle to get nominated as Supreme Chancellor and the only reason he may want her to stay is that it might increase his chances of winning the nomination at least and at most he is faking concern for her well-being.
    After Darth Maul kills Quigon, Sidious sacrifices Darth Maul, as Sidious immobilized Maul's arms so he cannot cut down Obi-Wan when Obi-Wan flies over him. I hadn't noticed this until recently, but Maul has the high ground on Obi-Wan, so how does Obi-Wan walk away unscathed while Anakin loses two legs and an arm? Darth Maul is a highly trained Sith assassin who hates Jedi. He just killed Obi-Wan's master so is he really surprised by Obi-Wan's flying up over his head. Obi-Wan should have been dead. If you watch the scene closely when Maul turns to face Obi-Wan his arms do not move, they stay in the place. Is he really that surprised that Obi-Wan floated over him or more surprised that Obi-Wan is still alive? Sidious needs the Sith to be discovered by the Jedi so that the Jedi will train Anakin. Although we all had hope for Maul, he only had two purposes, one to kill Quigon Jin, the only Jedi that could have kept Anakin from turning to the dark side (per the internet) and to force the Jedi to train Anakin.
    Anakin has the potential to be more powerful than Yoda, and although training him as a Jedi is dangerous, having a Sith Lord on the loose changes everything. That is why the council changes their mind. They have to take a chance to train Anakin rather than take the chance the the Sith would find Anakin and train him in the dark side. For Sidious it is brilliant because he just became Supreme Chancellor and he doesn't have time to train Anakin himself. This way Anakin learns the ways of the force and Sidious can twist the teaching as he sees fit, by remaining close by and being Anakin's friend. He even tells Anakin in Episode III that the Sith and the Jedi are alike in almost every way.
    In the year of the Phantom Menace he also manipulates Sifo-dyas to order the creation of the Grand Army of the Republic. This part of Sidious's plan is too important for him to have just stolen it from Sifo-dyas after the fact. Sifo-dyas was just a figure head to hide that the Sith actually ordered creation of the army. Sifo-dyas force vision was probably planted by Sidious, possibly just by his intentions. I think the proof that it was always part of the plan was in Episode II they indicate that a Jedi deleted Kamino from the archives. This could only be Dooku, before he left the Temple for good. It would have been a much greater risk for him to delete something out of the archive after he killed Sifo-dyas than before, as the dark side would have been all over him after killing Sifo-dyas and would have been more suspicious if someone came across him.

In Episode II Sidious orchestrates the assassination attempt on Padme which not only pushes Anakin and her closer together it also leads the Jedi to the bread crum trail that leads them to the Grand Army. The Assassination attempt also gets one of the leaders of the resistance to the Army creation act and also helps him manipulate Jar Jar into proposing the emergency powers to create the Grand Army and start the Clone Wars. He had Shmi captured by the Sand People and tortured to give Anakin those dreams. When Shmi says now she is complete, is she talking about her mission to help Anakin turn to the dark side?

In Episode III there are many manipulations, but probably the best one is the timing of his reveal to Anakin that he is a Sith. Yoda is off helping the Wookies, Obi-Wan is tracking down General Grievous. Mace Windu, who is not Anakin's greatest fan is the one left to come and arrest Sidious. Sidious kills 3 of the Jedi in the first 5 seconds (which I was totally disappointed in, I thought a one on four dual would have been cool if lasted longer), but he targeted the others to leave Mace Windu as the one Anakin would have to betray to come over to the Dark side. Sidious is playing Windu the whole time. As Sidious tells Anakin that Sidious is getting weak, but after Anakin cuts off Windu's arm he says he has unlimited power and blasts him out the window. Sidious could have stopped the force lighting anytime as Windu was pushing it back at him. But Sidious has a reason for this disfigurement, it is all part of the plan.
    Darth Sidious has put 23 or 24 years into creating Anakin and training him and turning him to the dark side, but why has he done this? Its a lot of time and effort for what? So he can say he has the most powerful apprentice? So when his apprentice kills him he can feel better about being killed by the most powerful force user ever? What is Anakin's place in the Grand Plan? Does Sidious need Anakin to kill all the Jedi in the Jedi Temple? The clones could probably have handled that. Did he need Anakin to kill all the Separatist leaders? I think someone less powerful could have handled that.

If you are trying to take over the galaxy and the clone army can kill most of the Jedi, are you sure that it will kill the most powerful Jedi. Are you sure that you can kill Yoda? Is Sidious strong enough to do this? He is not sure, that is why he created Anakin that's why metachlorians are important to the sequel trilogy, they needed a way to show that Anakin could be more powerful than Yoda.
    Sidious tells Yoda you will not stop me my apprentice will become more powerful than both of us combined. He doesn't say you won't stop the Sith, he says you won't stop me. Sidious's plan is to transfer his essence to Anakin if Yoda kills him. This will give him the ability to be more powerful than Yoda and eventually kill Yoda.
    This is also why Sidious allows himself to be disfigured in the fight with Windu, it allows him to hide his face so that it will be easier to keep power and hide that he is in Anakin's body and no longer in Sidious's.
    This part of his plan does not materialize, as he has a draw with Yoda. That is why he keeps Anakin around, because Yoda isn't dead yet, and is still a threat. It is also why he encases Vader in a suit and mask, just case Sidious is killed he can still transfer his essence to Vader and take him out the mask and nobody would be the wiser because almost nobody knows what Darth Vader really looks like or sounds like.

In your comments please don't bring anything in from the Rise of Skywalker, as the entire Sith thing is not how essence transfer works. There are two cannon comics in which Vader encounters two Sith that transfer their essence into objects, they are not all the Sith. Essence transfer as it relates to the prequel trilogy is based on the Darth Bane books, which everyone should read by the way, they are great.
    I think Sidious being all the Sith is either just a metaphor as Luke told Rey a thousand generations of Jedi live in you now (not literally). It is also possible that because his clone was not ready he had to tap into some other power to continue to survive. They did call them the Sith eternal, so its possible that have a different power from what Sidious was working with before. But it would have been nice to have an explanation.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.