main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin/Vader knew and planned all along!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Bart-Vader, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i agree .if vader has the brains to put 1+1=2 then he realises that palpatine was BSing him about his wife and childrens all that time but after seeing the saga im not so sure vader can put 1+1=2 [face_thinking]

2. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I agree. Vader was feigning ignorance when Palps mentioned Luke.
    It's not the first time Ani did it. He also did it in ROTS when
    Palps asked him about what the Jedi were up to. It's almost a game
    b/w them - Ani denies it and Palps tells him to search his feelings
    knowing full well Ani really does know.

I don't think Vader knew all along tho about Luke/Leia.
    In ANH when Luke blows up the DS Vader makes the comment that
    "the force is strong with this one" and to me it sounds like
    the encounter was unexpected. If he knew that was Luke, his son,
    he would not be one bit surprised to feel his strength in the force.
    Just my .2 cents anyway. :)

3. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i agree about leia and about luke in ANH but i think that by the time of ESB and when palps tells him that they have a new enemy vader definitely knows that luke is his son and that what palps told him was BS all along

4. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I wasn't clear I think, but I do agree - by ESB Vader knew,
    in ANH he did not.

5. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    Hmm, that's a very interesting take.

The Sith know there will only be two, it's the ground rule. They say a teacher's proudest moment is when his student surpasses him. Maybe, in a twisted way, it is like this for the Sith -- they look forward to being usurped by their apprentice if he's truly up to the challenge. This makes the Emperor's treatment of Vader in the suit very interesting -- he's a pathetic loser who is too weak to overthrow the Emperor. A disappointment to Sidious, because he can always keep Vader squirming under his boot.

Another reason for him to look forward to Luke, who "can destroy the Emperor - he has forseen this."

6. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    It's called BODY LANGUAGE, and the actors in the suits have to learn to use it to emote -- 3PO, Vader, even R2-D2 use body language to convey emotion. In that scene, Vader (David Prowse) is still holding out his hand and staring blankly, in stunned disbelief -- as if to say, WTF?, "I don't believe this kid jumped to his death rather than give in to the easy way out, the dark side."

7. adamlee

adamlee Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 12, 2004
    Bart Vader,
    I think there is some truth to your theory.Vader was definitely watching out for Luke in ESB.And before people say "well he cuts his freaking arm off!" hear me out.The hand removal is classic Anakin/Vader.Think about it.Dooku loses his hands,MAce loses his hand,and Luke loses his hand, but ONLY after he lands a hit on Vader.I think it was his way of removing the threat to him.
    Now,having said that, Vader had no clue his kids were alive until after Luke blows up the Death Star.He doesn't know about Leia until ROTJ. (Sister.So, you have a twin sister.)
    And I don't know why people are laughing about the idea of Vader being distraught when Luke takes the plunge in ESB.I always thought he appeared disappointed.It was as if he is thinking Man,first padme,now Luke.Nobody will join him.And I think this does disappoint him. Vader still has a soul.It is shown in ROTJ when Luke says "then my father is truly dead." Just because Vader has a mask on doesn't mean we can't see his emotions.In our acting classes at school, they made us wear masks like they did in the early greek era.It helped us become stronger in showing our emotions through body movements.So I think you can see his emotions easily.A simple gesture can say everything.

8. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    If Anakin's true intent was to kill the Emporer he would have never become Darth Vader (one flick of the wrist). IMO, once Darth Vader, his former self was gone until he had to choose between the master that betrayed him or the one person he cared about.

Anakin's intent was to save people, even clone troopers. :)

I think Vader's inner turmoil and firey rage inadvertently hurt the empire...for sure.

9. DocSpencer

DocSpencer Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2005

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003

I agree.
    He clearly stated to Mace: "I need him..."

Sidious would have been able to survive as long as un-suited Vader felt there was something he could learn from him. The minute Sidious had nothing to offer Vader, would have been his last.

Too bad he ended up in the suit...

Dark Lord elaborates quite nicely, on this very subject.

11. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

JASTERSLEGACEYV2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    this one's a little over looked but the sith way is pasion, power, coruptness, and betrayal so that is wat makes them so cunning and anikans cloud of power over clouded palpatines vision of the future so he could'nt see the future(power) he cared to much about his kids to kill them(passion) he killed his master(betrayal) used his postion for his own gain(coruptness) and of course his plan (cunning) basicly he was following the unwritten code of the sith.

12. adamlee

adamlee Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 12, 2004
    Yeah, I don't think Anakin/Vader thought about killing the Emperor until the moment he is speaking to Padme (I...I can overthrow him!) And yeah that is the problem with the Sith.There always has to be a king of the mountain.

13. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I think it's simply a matter of dumb can one be?

His name is Skywalker, he's a great pilot,
    the force is strong with him, he came
    aboard the DS with Obi Wan Kenobi,
    who was, incidentally, the last person
    you saw your very pregnant wife with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.