main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Episode III Costume/Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DanakinSkywalker, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Hey everyone, I want to get an Episode III Anakin costume (or at least something similar) done for Comic Con next year and I figured we might as well compile all our knowledge about this costume here.

From TF.N's EP3 section:
    "Anakin Skywalker clearly has the most profound transition from the prequel to the original trilogy, but the evolution of his Jedi robes from Attack of the Clones to his garb in the new installment is more understated than his future look of dark armor. "We changed his cloak shape, and gave him a new slightly more Jedi-like cloak this time," says Biggar. "We changed his colors, and we darkened them all down, hinting at what he's going to become. Although he was quite dark brown before, there were some lighter aspects. This time, we've really taken shades of dark brown to give him a dark outline even though he's still a Jedi.""

As for the lightsaber, we know that it is very close in design to the saber that Luke is given in Episode IV. The only difference that (I assume) is there is the placement of a Covertec button/wheel. Obi-Wan's saber has one, so Anakin probably follows suit. Anyone have any guesses/inside info on which side the button/wheel is on?

2. Vaderkahn

Vaderkahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2002
    Opposite side from the activator "box". That side it always out to best show the prop.

I'm not sure, though, if Anakin's will have the covertec or the traditional belt ring from the OT. I'm not sure if you can see Obi-Wan's new/old saber in those magazine pics enough to tell, either.

3. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    In those bike magazine pics, Obi-Wan's saber is sitting high on his belt, instead of hanging off of it. To me that indicates a Covertec attachment.

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hyperspace clearly shows a covertec on every saber.

The grips are AOTC Anakin Grips as well.

5. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    don't forget - its a graflex

I already have mine ready to start converting - just need the grips (workin on it - honest)

All the sabers have Covertecs - Justin will vouch for that ;)

Dave

6. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Yes, that much is clear. I'm gonna get mine from Jeff sooner or later.

7. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    money well spent in my opinion - it is a beautiful replica

Dave

8. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Primrodo, could you explain to me what correct AOTC Anakin grips are? I just want to make sure I get the right kind.

9. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    The grips are the same (or real close in size) to the Anakin Ep2 grips - if you need reference pics for them let either Justin or myself know

I am looking into having them made - gotta sent some prints to a couple more people and I should be good to go

Dave

10. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    I started thinking about the costume the other night. Perhaps Anakin's costume will be similar, just darker like they mentioned. Just like Obi-Wan's changed ever so slightly from TPM to AOTC. The only major difference that we know of now is that the cloak is now a robe, or at least that's how it sounds. Perhaps the robe actually has sleeves this time around?

11. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    well - I have to agree about the outer robe - from the pics Justin and I have seen it looks to be a traditional outer robe with sleeves - I personally like the ep2 style cape - but hey who am I........

The costume will be very dark - though as Justin has pointed out (in a different thread I think) - prob mostly dark browns - but not black yet.

Anakin carrying the Graflex saber is prob one of the best things IMHO - I just love that saber and it ties the PT to the OT nicely - well except for the grips and Covertec knob.

I also have a sinking feeling that Anakin will be wearing a black glove like Luke wore in ROTJ - but that is just opinion and is not fact or proven yet

Dave

12. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Yeah, I had a feeling about the black glove. I already got a cool pair off of Ebay awhile back.

13. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    I am going to venture another opinion on the glove - it will be very close to Vader's gloves

Again - no facts - just opinions of mine

Dave

14. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Thanks to Jyro-Kyrn we now have a very clear, non-Hyperspace picture of the costume.

[image=http://www.sithclan.net/episode3/images/Anakin01.jpg]

Thanks alot, Jyro!

15. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    *blinkblink* wow! *blink again* *stares* very very good.. !!

edit: how/where did he find that pic?

16. Vaderkahn

Vaderkahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2002
    Lucasfilm's French magazine. There are a few other scans in the EP3 spoiler forum which include a nicely brassed C-3PO with a couple handmaidens, R3, and Palpatine.

Anakin's outfit is the most eyecatching, but the handmaiden outfits are noteworthy too.

17. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    WHOA !!!

Anakin looks BUFF !!! 1st pic. i've seen....

NWJEDI
    dave

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Few notes I'd like to make,

Its evident from teh lighter area on teh inner tunic thats its a VERY dark BROWN not black.

The tunic fabric is reminicent to Obi-Wans in Episode 2.

Tabards are still a deep brown...but you never know.

Same belt.

Hes wearing a ROBE wityh a large hood and lots of gathering.

The boots are the same as far as webcam can show.

Pretty nifty, though I did like the Episode 2 cloak better, it was unique :)

Hows that assement?

19. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    That's a pretty good assessment, Primrodo. Thanks for the input!

20. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Lucasfilm canned the site with the images. Sorry!

21. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Ah, that sucks. Oh well, glad I saved it.

22. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    lol. i figured someone would have been smarter than me and saved it ;)

23. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    I found the picture again, it hasn't been taken off of this site yet. Until it is, enjoy!

[image=http://entertainment.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,286087,00.jpg]

24. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    lol. determined are we? hehe. U know, maybe it's just me, but the only colours that look different are the inner tunic and the robe, cept the robe actually looks lighter. Is that just me?

25. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Its a lighter robe, not teh same cloak as Episode 2.

The tunic is darker too...different fabric too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.