main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Episode III Costume/Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DanakinSkywalker, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterBolan

JediMasterBolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey guys any tips on making or buying an ep 3 anakin costume? The stuff I've been finding online is crap. The only thing I've found that looks good is the notorious glove. But as for the actual costume I can't find a good one. Any tips?

2. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Hey there fellow costumers! I've been looking a this board for the past 3 weeks and I'm very impressed and greatful with the info you guys have supplied. Anyhoo, enough sucking up. I'm in the middle of making my costume, but I am stuck as to deciding what fabric to use for the inner tunic. I've looked through almost every page of this board, but no luck. So any ideas would be very welcome. Thanks again.

3. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Someone earlier suggested a type of fabric called "moleskin" for the innter tunic if I remember correctly.

4. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    as far as i know, untill now nobody has found the right fabric. Or atleast post it here

5. Anakin-1

Anakin-1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    I know this is off the inner tunic fabric subject, but I was wondering if anyone has purachased one of the Jedi belts off of www.mpmcostumes.com .If you have I would be greatful if you could give me your thoughts on their product, such as quality, how long until you received it, and whether it was worth the money. Thanks.

6. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well if they are still using the 2.5" width they are inaccurate

7. anifan

anifan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    can any 1 tell me how to make a glove PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEE!!!

8. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I can't hear them beg... ;)

Well, I only did the "arm" part of th Anakin glove for my brother and we used a bought glove as the "hand" part. Add together it doesn't look that bad.

If you want to do the "hand" part by yourself you could search google for "glove pattern". You will find quite a lot of webpages offering help with making a glove.

For the arm part:
    - pleather
    - another fabric
    - spacing material

Then I simply sew the pleather on the fabric. When you take a good look at the glove pics that have been posted an this thred or the pics Maggie from padawansguide.com has you will find out how much space will be needed between the seams and how many seams there will have to be to make it accurat.
    Then you add the spacing material to the three bigger parts of the glove and sew the glove together. Also the ends will need a little work.
    Turned insdie out and there you go.

I hope you understand my crappy english... It's all in my head but I have no idea how to express it. Not even in German ;)

Or you can go the easy way and buy a Rubies glove. It will need a little work though.
    But I think this possibility has been discussed a few times now on this thread ;)

9. Darth_Link

Darth_Link Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    WOW! We were on page 2!

10. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Well to keep it up to date, there is a pattern by Simplicity out ( No. 4450 ) that is about Jedi costumes. Looks not to bad to start with. So just to let everybody know.

Well nothing more to say atm

11. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Maybe the pattern is good enough for the outer tunic.
    But nothing more, you can check that here

Sadly.

12. dark_and_lost_soul

dark_and_lost_soul Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    hey ppl

Im new here and id been reading a few post and i was wondering if anyone can point me to a good site where i can learn and create my own jedi costume. One in wich i can see some pictures have some diagrams. Can anyone help please?

13. Darth_Link

May 23, 2005
    dark_and_lost_soul, go to http://www.rebellegion.com/jedigarb/

14. wayne99

wayne99 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    Hello forum,

I'm new here and subscribe to this forum 'cause I need help about Anakin revenge of the sith's costume. Here I go, a friend of mine will do the Jedi robe and uniform, the lightsabers I know I must find a graflex flash and modify it. For his gauntlet I'm not sure and for his boots this is my biggest problem. Is anyone have any idea what kind of model is Anni's boots and how I can make a good replica or something very close without paying for a custom made? I know the web site called motor cowboy who makes Jedi boots and Anni's boots from ep2, but the price is like 400$US.

I thank you in advance.

15. Darth_Link

May 23, 2005
    wayne99, all of these things have been covered in detail in the previous pages of this thread. all you have to do is search for what you are looking for or read the pages prior to this one and you will find everything you want to know.

16. Walruslord

Walruslord Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Just thought I would chime in with some updates to my costume. Redid my glove, fixed the tabbards (I still need a new can of rich brown nulife to color them), dyed the tunic to match the colors here http://padawansguide.com/anakin/three/promo4.jpg, new boots, and a few hems and tucks. Much better now :D Still not perfect, but it will never be...

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~walruslord/rpf/anakindiff.jpg]

17. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Not bad not bad, did a lot i see.

I like it a lot. But whats new about the boots? What kind of boots did you get?

Just as a tip, have to tabbards sit a little closer to your neck. It will give it a nicer look. But anyway it looks great.

18. Walruslord

Apr 27, 2005
    The tabbards sit like that because I don't tie em down unless I am actually going to be out and about, they normally sit closer.

The boots are MC ones, in the first picture they are those eastern coast costume ones with some spats I made. UNCOMFORTABLE. The MC ones are not super accurate but they fit so well and they look so professional. WOrks for me.

Just a note, to people like Primrodo and others who bought that Ace wig, dunk it in a bucket of water and shake it around until it doesn't drip, it looks FANTASTIC. Then take the side of the part that doesn't flap over your head, and tuck the very front of it back into the wig. I didn't do that in those pictures, but trust me, it's awesome looking, and stays that way for a good 2 hours or so. And it looks better than normal after it dries out fully but not as good as it looks wet. So it's either a big plus or a small plus :D

19. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    how are you planing to tie em down? Velcro?

Yeah the boots look good, the mc once are maybe the best once out to public

20. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Hey there again. When you fellas have dyed your fabric, did you use a washing machine, or one of the other methods? I bought my dye but am a wee bit nervous to do it in my machine cause it's really nice. I know it says to clean in immediately after, but I wondered how you guys did it. Alrighty then. Everybody's costumes are looking great. I'm in the process of doing my tabbards. I found the perfect brown vinyl, I hope it turs out well. Sorry fot being so long winded!

21. Walruslord

Apr 27, 2005
    I used the stove top method, it works best for darker colors.

22. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I used a washing machine, and yes, I did clean it right after.

23. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Here is what I did since I was dying alot of fabric:

I bought a big plastic bin and got a plastic paint roller stick for stiring, then boiled a bunch of water and dumped it into the bin along with the salt as recommended. I then took the bin outside (since it can get messy), added the twice the recommended dye level and mixed. Next I pre-wet the fabric like it says and then put it in by hand with rubber gloves on a bit at a time to ensure all parts of the fabric were geting proper dye contact. Then I stirred it ith the plastic paint roller stick, making sure to get all the bubles in the fabric out, and did this for 1.5-2 hours even though the package said 30-60 minutes.

It came out rather nicely I thought an dI didn't make a mess or ruin my washing machine.

24. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Finally boots are done!!

I had to darken the one spat myself, I hope it stands the test of time...They look so much better now!

I am going to add velcro going up the entire edge of the spat some time soon along with perhaps stitch down the bottom of it.

What do you guys think? Sorry for the blurryness.

[image=http://petridish.net/pics/20875/md-IM000031.JPG]
    Full Res: http://petridish.net/pics/20875/IM000031.JPG

[image=http://petridish.net/pics/20875/md-IM000033.JPG]
    Full Res: http://petridish.net/pics/20875/IM000033.JPG

[image=http://petridish.net/pics/20875/md-IM000034.JPG]

[image=http://petridish.net/pics/20875/md-IM000035.JPG]
    Full Res: http://petridish.net/pics/20875/IM000035.JPG

25. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Awesome job, dude! :D

Thread Status: