main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Sith Eyes...The True Meaning??

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by The40YrOldSith, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The40YrOldSith

The40YrOldSith Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    I ask this of all of you out there that have seen the movie. I am curious that if Anakin is truly a sith, aka Darth Vader before he dons the suit and mask, then why does'nt he have the eyes of the sith from that point of he being annointed by Sidious? We see him slashing up the Separatists (sp?) pauses, looks at the camera(with sith eyes), prepares to kill the younglings(no sith eyes), fights Obi-Wan(no sith eyes), but when gets hacked up(eyes change throughout the burning sequence, etc.) Now Sidious has the eyes from the time he changes from Palpatine by the sith lighting, even Darth Maul had the eyes the entire time he was on screen. Dooku never had them. IS this just a symbol, mostly when dealing with Anakin, because right as the mask is lowered he does'nt have the eyes? Anyone who has thoughts on this, please share because I have no clue what Lucas was trying to get across pertaining to the true meaning of the sith eyes........

2. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    It's a way to show hate. Hate for the Jedi. His life. His Mother being killed. The same I suppose is true for the other Sith.

3. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Interesting thread. It was bugging me as well.

If it is to show hate, it would mean Sidious and Maul hate everything :mad: and Dooku hates nothing [face_love]

and Anakin, as usual, doesn't know what to think :confused:

4. bry-maul

bry-maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    i thought I had read where his eyes only turn in moments of extreme emotion.

5. DARK_HELMET_05

DARK_HELMET_05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Dooku did not have sith eyes because many people feel that he was in control of his force abilities, and he was not full of rage and hatred the other sith had.

6. The40YrOldSith

The40YrOldSith Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    If his eyes were to only change in extreme emotion like being set on fire, then I believe Anakin never truly became a sith. He was just so confused and betrayed(or so he thought) that he hated really what he had become. Again we never saw how his eyes were under the mask, so I believe he had become another slave and was just saddened by the thought he was trapped to serve an order he always wanted to destroy.

7. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    The true meaning?

His contacts were irritating him.

8. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    This belongs in this thread

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_/b10331/21145955/?140

Official Symbolism Thread for ROTS

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Actually, this is fine.

The meaning is that the Sith are filled with anger and hate, which translates as they're totally evil. Anakin hasn't quite given into his hate. But I would assume that after he finds out that Padme is dead, his eyes turn yellow and stay that way until he saves Luke. Maul and Sidious never let go of their hate, once they unleash it. Palpatine was able to surpress it for a long time. Once he unleashed the Lightning to try and kill Mace, his face and eyes changed. Dooku had total control over his hate, which is why he was able to keep his eyes from turning yellow. Unlike the other Sith Lords, Dooku never went all out onscreen.

10. Sidious-3

Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    "Sith Eyes...The True Meaning??"

Conjunctivitis...

11. simon-the-ewok

simon-the-ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    His eyes turning yellow from time to time might have meant when he was feeling most powerful of angry. Therefore, his eyes wouldn't be angry after Mace's death because he is still somewhat shocked. But when he's killing the Seperatists, and angry at Obi-Wan his eyes light up in fury. [face_devil]

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    When I first saw the shot of AnaVader with the "Sith-Eyes" I thought for sure from that point on they would stay that way.

I always figured that's how the eyes of a Sith looked, ever since ROTJ.

The whole eye thing is a bit muddled to me.

13. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    I think the reason they decided to have on-again-off-again Sith eyes was because Anakin was deceiving Padme.

I don't think she would have been so compelled to bring him back with her if had yellow Sith eyes on the Mustafar landing pad.

14. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Yes, it all has to do with hate. As soon as Anakin's Sith eyes are seen for the last time, he shouts to Obi-Wan 'I hate You!' It showed that Anakin was INFECTED with hate.

I've always wondered though if Darth Vader had yellow Sith eyes behind the mask in the OT. There's no reason to believe he didn't.

15. 3_Foot_Jedi

3_Foot_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Outside, the sleek skiff settled to the deck. He spent a moment reassembling his Anakin Skywalker face: he let Anakin Skywalker's love flow through him, let Anakin Skywalkers's glad smile come to his lips, let Anakin Skywalker's youthful energy bring a joyous bounce to his step as he trotted to the entrance over the mess of corpses and body parts.

The above is from the novel, right after the Separatist slaughter. Although it does not mention his eyes, I think that this is probably explains why he doesn't always have Sith Eyes. He is not fully Darth Vader all the time, and only when he is does he have sith eyes.

16. DarthPoojaNaberrie

DarthPoojaNaberrie Jedi Master star 5

Jun 21, 2005
    I can't remember and don't feel like digging up the pictures, were they yellow when he's on the table being rebuilt and picked at?

17. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    i always imagined dooku/tyranus having sith eyes during his murder of sifo-dyas

18. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I think it stinks that Dooku didn't show the Sith eye's at all. But, he came off to me as more of a bounty hunter. Meaning he could go either way if it meant he would gain from it.

19. Dark_Knight_Saboteur

Dark_Knight_Saboteur Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    No, he didn't. He either had his eyes closed(most of the time) or his eyes were the normal color.

20. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    I think it's more of a dramatic effect to show his progression to becoming Darth Vader.

21. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    [face_laugh]

CC!

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Ewok That Cried & 3 Foot Jedi, you both are right on.

I think Dooku should have had the Sith eyes in AOTC when he faced Yoda (at the very least)and when then the "showdown" happened in ROTS.

23. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    No dooku was calm and charming

ANakin was out of control and he LOVED all the new powers he got , he just let loose , and did a "spring cleaning " on mustafar that is why his eyes are like that

SIIIIICK!!!

24. Darth_BamBam

Darth_BamBam Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    I have always taken the "Sith-Eyes" as being more literal in the OT, and symbolic in the PT. The original character of the Emperor had the yellow eyes for a more evil or dangerous phycological effect, so when we see Maul, and sometimes with Anakin, we see a contempt for life, a hatred for those opposed to you and a lust for power - everything the Emperor stands for. In the PT the yellow eyes are used for us the audience. Instead of making a long drawn out scene or inner monologue (as the Novelization is able to do) we see the yellow eyes and can instantly feel the nature of the Sith protruding from the character. Dooku never has this quality. He joins Sidious to reach his own ends, to rebuild the government after destroying the corruption. He is fooled to a degree by Sideous, but never truly intends to follow Sidious' path.

25. DMan304

DMan304 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    I think the yellow eyes happen when the dark side is flowing through your body.

Sidious is so powerful with the dark side, he probably was hiding the eyes until he used the lightning on Mace. After that point maybe he realised there was no need to hide them anymore.

Darth Maul was pretty much born a Sith, so it makes since for him.

Dooku was a fallen Jedi and I don't think he ever truly let himself go to the Dark side.

Anakin shows the yellow eyes in two places where the dark side would be flowing through him; after killing all the Seps and when he realises he's lost to Obi-Wan. I would also imagine he had them when he slaughtered the Tuskens if we got to see that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.