main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Sith Eyes...The True Meaning??

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by The40YrOldSith, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Mule

Darth-Mule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    The true meaning? It looks scary.

2. Hou-nom Jek

Hou-nom Jek Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2000
    I took it this way: His eyes change when he is showing his hatred and venturing into the dark side (not by choice. It's not like he 'turns it on' the dark side starts flowing on its own when ever his emotions move toward hatred, cause hatred fuels the dark side).

I'll break it down scene by scene.

Jedi Slaughter: I don't feel Anakin is using his hatred here. He's always thought of himself as the best, this is simple work for him. He felt the Jedi were wrong, but he never had hated them. There is no need to tap into the dark side or give in to anger. He's confident enough in himself that he can clean house without a scratch, and the jedi are just cattle. He even seems a bit sad when he goes to kill the younglings, so his hatred wouldn't spark here. He's just doing what mus be done.

Separatist Slaughter: Here you can see the eyes, and why? He hates the separatists with a passion. They tried to assasinate his wife in Ep2. Countless months fighting them has kept them away from his wife. He's venting all of the agression he built up since the start of the war and his hatred is flowing. It opens him up enough for the dark side to slip in and the eyes 'turn on'.

Fight with Obi-wan: His eyes aren't on here because he doesn't hate Obi-wan yet. He's angry at him, frustrated with him yes. But in Anakin's mind he's stronger than Obi-wan, this fight is a walk in the park. Obi-wan is his enemy, and Anakin is going to kill him, and thats all he's thinking of. He has a tenacious look on his face most of the time. The hatred doesn't kick in till he get's his ass kicked. Up until then he's just trying to prove his dominance over Obi-wan. Which leads us to...

The Immolation: It's obvious here. The hatred is flowing like a river. We get the "I hate you" line and all. Anakin thought he could beat Obi no problem, and Obi-wan did one of the things Anakin hates the most, he proved him wrong. He lost both legs and an arm in the process. He's a cripple lying on a lava bank, and for all he knows everything he's ever fought for will be gone in a matter of seconds. Too tenacious to blame himself, who's fault is it? The man looking down on him from the bank. This is where it's really turned on. And I believe, that he's so fuled by hatred at this point, that the dark side is flowing through him full force. And THIS is what kept him alive. Losing this battle through him so far into the dark side, that the dark side kept him from dying. It didn't guarantee his survival, but he stayed alive while his clothes and skin were burned off his body, and still managed to cling to life a good while longer. The dark side saved Anakin. He blindly found what he was looking for, the hatred was so strong, the dark side was flowing so pure, that Anakin prevented death.

That's my take on the eyes.

3. PyrhanaJEDI

PyrhanaJEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2003
    Believe it or not, and I am so sure of this...The eyes are weakness.

Has anybody heard it said that it is during the fight with Mace Windu that Sidious reveals his true appearance? This surfaced at the very bottom of his abilities, when he said he could no longer continue, when he said "help me..."

After the demise of Mace, you can see Anakin understands at once who Sidious is. A shriveled helpless weakling who can act only through his hatred, his only control of the Force. Self-survival being almost the only thing a creature like this can even achieve--a little worm with a grand scheme.
    Anakin's stance before he kneels is also total weakness. He slumps in front of Lord Sidious and joins his place and becomes part of the Emperor's plans only because he has to, they both have to. He knows eventually his path of weakness he has just embarked upon reveals the true nature of the Sith and the true nature of "Sith Eyes." Sucker-slicing Mace Windu or getting cornered by Obi-Wan are the only way(s) to get a good fight out of Lord Vader now.
    The presence of Luke Skywalker gets these guys flying through the roof.
    etc.

So, nothing as grand and heroic as you SW-posters would have; the exact worthless, loathsome opposite: pure cowardly weakness.

4. haydenlover92

haydenlover92 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2005
    he crys and wishes not to do it killing the younlings i mean, so maybe his sith eyes only appear when he cares not and deosn't think twice, I don't know this is a hard question maybe we will never know.

5. GrievousKiller

GrievousKiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2005
    Maybe its when you get physically or mentally messed up. Like when Anakin kills everyone and when he is almost killed and when Sidious is gettin hit by his own lightning.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Palpatine was faking being weak against Mace, when he couldn't kill him with the Lightning. The yellow just represents their pure hatred has consumed them. It's nothing to do with being weak emotionally or physically. Just their anger and hate. Maul has been raised to hate everyone. To be driven by hate. Sidious unleashes so much hate in him, that his eyes and physical features change. Anakin doesn't hate the Jedi as much as he does the Separatist Council and Obi-wan. When he lets go of his hate, his eyes revert to normal. Dooku doesn't have the same capacity for hate that the others do, so he is always blue.

7. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    His eyes might have been like that because of all that lava and volcanic rock and ash, that would have done him some damage surely

8. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    Dooku doesn't have the same capacity for hate that the others do, so he is always blue.

Does this mean that Dooku is less evil than Vader? I know the Emperor is the most evil, but I would have thought that all Sith apprentices are equally malevolent.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Dooku's evil, but it's his capacity for hate that's not as great. He hates the Jedi and the state of affairs with the Republic. But he's not filled with the same levels of hate that the other three Lords of the Sith have. It has never consumed him to the same degree. We know that Dooku is a Sith now, but his eyes remain their normal color during his brief appearence in ROTS. It's understandable to not have them in AOTC, because Lucas is trying to paint a gray picture with Dooku. But it's plain as day now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.