main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "And All Points North" a tale from AOTC: Cover art added at last

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    heh..just discovered this..how could I have not known? this is another lovely story. I am definitely old enough for the PM's so don't forget me! I am really enjoying this blend of new and old characters.

2. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Just found this story too. Nice work!

--MissPadme

3. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002

Hi Breezy :)

I just spotted your story and of course I got addicted halfway through the first chapter. As usual your writing is wonderful. I?m really glad you are exploring the underlying love that all of these characters have for one another. Jedi can talk about their lack of attachments, but I?ve always believed they?ve been fooling themselves in that regard. Perhaps Yoda can live that kind of a life, but I couldn?t imagine that Obi Wan could raise this boy for 10 years without becoming terribly attached to him as he would his own son. In fact, if George wants to make the Ep3 duel believable, then he should portray OW as practically inconsolable after having witnessed (what he believed to be) the demise of the closest person in his life.

I also loved the way you worked the title into your story. It fits beautifully with the decision that A&P have made regarding their relationship with one another.

Well done! :D

MBJ

4. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    ?Easy there, old man,? Schurke told him softly. ?You?re going to be all right ? just don?t try to drown yourself.?

Awww [face_laugh]

?Well at least I know you?re on your way to recovery,? Kampher said dryly. ?The Chancellor and Senator Amidala will be pleased to hear that.?

I love Kampher?s dry sense of humor; she?s perfect in her role as a healer. :D

As she pulled the syringe out, Kampher leaned closer in. Anakin found his eyes drawn to her chest and the cleft of her breasts and the sight made him feel a little giddy.

Should be Padmé?s? he thought absently, barely noticing that Kampher had pressed something into his hand. She closed his hand tightly around it and even in his apathetic state he recognized it.

:eek: Anakin! [face_shame_on_you] :p

?She told me to tell you to hang on to it for now - until you heal.? Kam whispered into his ear. ?Then return it to her. She told me someone she loves gave it to her.?

?Yes?? he agreed languidly. ?Very much so.?

[face_love] Exchanges like this are why I read your stuff, DB. :)

They went through the exercises for nearly 10 minutes before Kampher pronounced them finished for the day, and Anakin was allowed to sink back into his bed. As sleep overcame him once again, his only thoughts were of Padmé, and he was blissfully unaware of the look of misery on the young Healer?s face.

:eek: And then you end with that amazingly disturbing piece of information!

BTW: You do know my stance on PM chapters, don?t you? ;) Oh, and the pics are :cool:

Yet another excellent post, DB.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OOh yay!!!

So nice to see so many familiar faces!!!

I have a couple of confessions....

1) the Next chapter is an infamous PM clipped....

2) It features....

[face_worried]

:eek:

*small voice*

*Whispers*

Highlight to read:

Obi-Wan and Ena

:eek:

Replies soon after I recover from the shock!!

6. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Well, if you're stunned by it, I've got to see this...

Make sure to send me the PM...

Yes, yes, I've been here reading alone, I've just been busy, see that thread of mine if you want to know on what...

I promise more commentary soon.

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I don't believe it. You????????

Now this I have to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. PeriwinklSummer

PeriwinklSummer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    Just found this (I would have been reading sooner but I haven't had a computer since I got to school, now my new one's all set up though) and I LOVE IT!!! The exchanges between Anakin and his friends are particularly entertaining. My favorite part is, however, as always, the romance. [face_love] I love how you made the japor snippet a private sort of thing, just between the two of them. Be still, my heart. [face_batting]

Questions:
    Is Kampher jealous of Anakin and Padme or what? :confused:

Can you please send me any and all PM chapters as well? [face_praying]

and...

How is it possible that every time I read one of your stories, I end up loving Anakin even more than I did before? I didn't think it was possible. [face_love]

Wonderful job, as always. =D=

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Don't forget to send me the PM chapter(s) :D

10. KyleKatarn7

KyleKatarn7 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2004
    Wonderful story so far DarthBreezy! I must admit to having no idea who Kam or Schurke are before this story, but the excellent characterization more than makes up for that. :D

I must also express some curiosity regarding the PM chapters [face_blush]

11. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Awww, what a great story, DarthBreezy. Kam and Schurke are wonderful! And, of course, Anakin... [face_love]

Can't wait to see more! :)

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heeheee...

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    OOOH So many replies! I'll do personal ones later today! [face_love]

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Just in case I wasn't clear before, I'd like to receive the PM version.

BTW: This has been a poorly disguised up! ;)

JD.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd also like Pmed. So, when will we get personals?

16. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I'll try this afters guys... I have the inevidible case of the Crud which means I can barely think straight...

However, the next two chapters are compleate so there should be no delay in posting! [face_love]

17. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Hi! Just found this. I love it. :D

18. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Feel better, Breezy. [:D] Your readers will wait patiently. :)

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    OK, been trying this by degrees, I'm running a god awful fever so forgive me if I become inarticulate sometimes!

Kynstar

Ohhhh how sweet! Qui (might have been) was checking in on them! (if he was hehehehe) Poor Obi... yeah he wouldn't be able to see/hear him cuz he would believe him truly gone. But Anakin would still hold onto that thought of maybe/perhaps.

Not just Anakin - Someone else in that room got the proverbial eyeful too..

It would take Obi either to be too weak or really hurt to be able to see/hear Qui. Let's see if he believes in what he heard or whether he'll attribute it to his 'weak state' that he was in. hehehehe

He's a bit of a doubting Thomas isn't he?

Ahhh Anakin! How sweet about thinking of Padme

Oh yes.... [face_love]

Aha is the lil healer jealous? Or juz worried about Anakin's health and state of mind? Hrmmmm

Jelous? Perhaps, but not in the way you might think?

DarthIshtar

Awww, she left him the japor snippet. And that line that followed was so sweet...poor Kampher. And Schurke and the leg, I still cringe about that whole thing.

One of the few Ronald Regan movie scenes I am familiar with (other than the infamous 'Bedtime for Bonzo' Chic) is when he played a soldier who wakes to find his legs are both gone. He sits there and screams 'Where's the rest of me??'

Dally

Very good chapter. I especially like the part with the japor snippet.

*tee-hee* how could I not include it?

anakin_girl

Oh, poor Obi-Wan. Worrying about Anakin and then initially feeling left out of Anakin's conversations with Qui-Gon, too. I'm glad Qui showed up to tell him everything would be OK. Either way he must feel like he's going nuts.

I think the latter myself!!

Very curious as to who this Ena is...

[face_devil]

I love Anakin and Schurke's conversation. Schurke certainly put Anakin in his place about the arm. I remembered that Schurke had lost a leg at Geonosis but wasn't sure if he would have been fit for a prosthetic yet at this point.

yes....

The japor snippet...awww...

Anakin found his eyes drawn to her chest and the cleft of her breasts and the sight made him feel a little giddy.

LOL--injuries haven't kept him from being a typical male. Being Ani, though, his mind goes straight to Padme.

He's a good boy really....

Hmmm...wonder what's wrong with Kam...

Great post my friend.

Soon enough... [face_devil]

qingauk

heh..just discovered this..how could I have not known? this is another lovely story. I am definitely old enough for the PM's so don't forget me! I am really enjoying this blend of new and old characters.

Thank you, Kam and Schurke are becoming old freinds to me, although they still manage to surprise me!

MissPadme

Just found this story too. Nice work!

Thank you!

Mr_Boba_Jango

Hi Breezy

I just spotted your story and of course I got addicted halfway through the first chapter. As usual your writing is wonderful. I?m really glad you are exploring the underlying love that all of these characters have for one another. Jedi can talk about their lack of attachments, but I?ve always believed they?ve been fooling themselves in that regard. Perhaps Yoda can live that kind of a life, but I couldn?t imagine that Obi Wan could raise this boy for 10 years without becoming terribly attached to him as he would his own son. In fact, if George wants to make the Ep3 duel believable, then he should portray OW as practically inconsolable after having witnessed (what he believed to be) the demise of the closest person in his life.

Thank you, I hope to show more of this as time goes on that it's not just Obi-Wan and Anakin who are fooling themeselves.

I also loved the way you worked the title into your story. It fits beautifully with the decision that A&P have made regarding their relationship with one another.

Thank you!

JDH3

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay! Response! As for that line from Reagan, I think I'm going to use that for a Luke viggie idea I have.

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes, responses!!

I was surprised! Not but one comment about Ena... and Obi-Wan getting some!

Over two and a half years of writing Jedi Nookie and no one is burning me at the stake yet? :p

22. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    :eek: Have you sent out the PMs yet? Please send it to me as well!!

I just realized I never responded to the last chapter *doh!*

I can almost feel the pain of Anakin's injury, you describe it so well *shudder*. I can completely see why Obi-Wan went off in search of... a release ;). And I loved the moment where Anakin realized the same thing had happened to Schurke. The Jappor Snippet! Damn I love it! :p

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I was planning on sending them out thursday Morning, but I have a challange for you!

The winner gets the PM chapter TONIGHT!!

First off, 1) What does Ena Mean?

2) Stockard Channing (the visual base for Ena) has something in common with a Star Wars Actor, what is it?

PM me the answer before tommorow, first person who gets them BOTH right gets the chapter early!

[face_devil]

24. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Hello Breezy! Catching up and this is wonderful! :D

That was so wonderful when Anakin hears his mother 'Don't look back' and Obi-Wan is right by his side. [face_love] That is such a touching scene, DB!

And loved Padme's remembrances of her father "..And all points north." That is beautiful, and I have a feeling they are going to follow it. Anakin is thinking so strongly of Padme. His reaction to losing his arm felt so real, I could feel his pain when he realized his loss. Also Kam and Schurke and great. I wonder if she is upset by how his arm is working? Wonderful stuff Breezy!

25. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    First off, welcome tangled_sphere

That was so wonderful when Anakin hears his mother 'Don't look back' and Obi-Wan is right by his side. That is such a touching scene, DB!

Thank you! That was very difficult to write - to get the feeling and to transpose the images the muse was showing me!

And loved Padme's remembrances of her father "..And all points north." That is beautiful, and I have a feeling they are going to follow it. Anakin is thinking so strongly of Padme. His reaction to losing his arm felt so real, I could feel his pain when he realized his loss.

Ta!!! [face_blush]

Also Kam and Schurke and great. I wonder if she is upset by how his arm is working? Wonderful stuff Breezy!

Oh we shall see what's bothering Kampher soon enough!!

Annnnd! We have a winner!!

Ena, is Celtic for "fiery, passionate, shining".

Stockard Channing was in "Where the Heart Is" with Natalie Portman.

RebelScum77 is the winner with both answers correct and has the PM chapter waiting in her hot little PM box!

PeriwinklSummer came in Second with half the answer right, as a consolation prize, she will recive her copy this early evening!

Everyone else will recive their version tommorow AM before I post!

[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.