main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And the Children Shall Lead ~ COMPLETED AND TAGGED ~ IVS trailer up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mcily_Nochi, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Shloz-- Thanks for showing up! I understand about not showing up for every post. :) Of course, I love replies . . . ;)

Mara-- *hides* I'm sorry! Lol, I haven't started a new fic for a loooong time, have I?

Emilie-- Oooh, M&Ms are good. May I? *delves into bowl and stufffs her face* Mmmmm . . .

ShirleyLang-- Thanks. Yes, some things are very different. *thinks ahead* *grins to self*

AQ-- Hi there! You know something? Boba and Han give me te creeps, too . . .

ExplosionGirl-- KABOOOM!!!

Darth_Silenous-- That's how far I've written as of yet. I only have the first three posts betaed. *hugs Jade*

Fruity-- THE EVIL COUNTERPART HAS ARRIVED!!! *cough* I mean, lol, Fruits. *hugs* Thanks you for reading and being my support!

EDIT: Luney, we posted at the same time! *hugs* Thanks for reading! Yes, there is young Lukie in this story. *beats back plot bunnies* And unless my brain leaves me alone for ahwile, this may turn into a trilogy . . . *sigh* Then you would end up with grown-up Lukie.

2. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *looks at watch* Hmmm. Time for an update.

I won't always post this fast, but I got twenty-three replies (not counting my own) from one post, which is more than I've ever gotten before. *hugs* Thank you all.

*scans post* *shivers*

The Lambda-class shuttle dropped out of hyperspace light-years from the nearest star system. It hesitated, getting its bearing, then shot off toward a small rogue planet.

Out here, space was oppressively black and cold. There were no stars nearby, and the only visible light came from the planet. As the shuttle continued resolutely forward, the lonely planet grew in its sights.

Feeling the familiar rumble of realspace, the sole passenger strode forward to cockpit. The pilots looked up at him, swallowing hard.

""Have you contacted them yet?" the passenger asked, his voice frightening in its deep artificiality.

"No, Lord Vader. I shall do so immediately." The primary pilot leaned forward and toggled the comm controls, his voice tense. "Shuttle Invincer requesting permission to dock."

The speakers crackled. "Please transmit the clearance codes."

The secondary pilot carefully toggled the controls, then nodded at his colleague. The first pilot spoke into the comm again. "Clearance codes transmitted."

There was a pause, and static filled the cockpit before the speakers let the voice through again. "Shuttle Invincer, identity confirmed. Lord Vader, we are honored by your visit."

The pilot adjusted the engine controls, preparing them for the tractor beam, which caught the tiny white vessel and guided it carefully within the gaping maw of the main docking bay. Then the pilot fired the repulsors, gently settling the shuttle down. He stood, followed by his copilot, and bowed the waist to the Sith. "We have docked, my Lord," he intoned, eyeing Vader fearfully.

Vader whirled, his black cape billowing behind him as if caught on an icy breeze. He stalked down the landing ramp, not even pausing to appraise his reception. Two squadrons of storm troopers stood at attention, their blaster rifles raised in salute, and another four squadrons stood behind them, straight and alert. He nodded, pleased.

Governor Tarkin stepped forward and sank to one knee before Vader, who bade him rise.

"Lord Vader. It has been a long time." They began to walk away from the shuttle.

"Two years," Vader replied shortly. "I see you have completed the outer hull."

"Yes, my Lord. We received your orders to step up production last year and enacted them immediately. I think you will be glad to hear that we are mere months away from full completion. This station can be operational within three weeks."

Vader nodded, and Tarkin fell into step beside him as they marched through the airlock into a broad corridor. "Good. You are on schedule. I am satisfied that you were right the man for this job, Governor Tarkin. The Emperor is pleased."

Tarkin inclined his head at the mention Emperor Palpatine. "That is indeed good news."

They swept into a turbolift and headed for the main control center. "Everything is proceeding as I have planned," Vader said, his voice echoing ominously in the small chamber. "The Death Star will soon be complete. Then I can defeat the Rebellion once and for all."

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh Em... that was delciously ominious, and I usually like mush ;). Great job! I can't wait to see where it goes from here! I'm curious as to why Vader likes the Death Star in this AU, since he didn't seem too fond of it in ANH, but I'm sure that will be explained in time. I'm still hooked ;).

4. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Yay! Now Vader and Tarkin are in the picture. :D Can hardly wait to see what comes next. :D

5. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    OOoooo! DV has arrived! Interesting! :) :D :D

Great job Em! Love it! I wonder how much of a jerk Tarkin will be in this! :D Can't stand the man, myself! ;)

Again, great job! Keep it up!

AQ

6. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    *WoW* This is story is awesome~ highly creative IMHO. I love the way all the characters and being woven into the story, and i cant wait to see who from the EU pops up(i also wouldn't mind seeing Mara come into play somewhere along the line!!). Keep up the good work and post more soon!!!

::Windstar Out::

7. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Whoa. Darth Vader in the house. All bow. ;) Dang, the Death Star is ALREADY complete? Uh oh....

8. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Kevin-- I think you'll find that something happened several years ago in this AU that changed Vader forever. *zips lips*

Gwen-- I'm working out some beta problems, so you'll get the next post sooner than you might have originally.

*randomly hugs Jade*

AQ-- Eh, he's enough of a jerk that he built the Death Star. I'm juggling so many characters as it is, I don't focus much on Tarkin. *ducks rotten vegetables*

Bri_Windstar-- Wow, thanks. I'm glad its original . . . and the sequel attacked me today . . . and the sequel to that . . . *groans* I think I may have just started a trilogy . . .

Wompy-- *cracks up* Interesting that you're the first person to notice that the Death Star is nearly operation *cough* ALMOST A DECADE EARLY! ;)

*hugs to all her readers*

9. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I've got a mind for detail. ;) Well, on other people's fics, anyway... heh...

10. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Enter the baddies...*cue Imperial March*

Tarkin...*shudders*

Vader...*major shudders*

Beautifully done, Emily dear. :)

11. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Lovely post Em... Enter DV stage right... :D Awesome job, just the right amount of forboding ;)

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I noticed the early completion of the Death Star but since I'm late ... nobody will believe me. *sniff*

Jade is a beta treasure.:)

Looking forward to the scene that explains Vader's new outlook on the Death Star.

13. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    That's perfectly fine, Em! You focus on what you deem important! I'll just sit back and read like the devoted reader I am! ;)

Up!

AQ

14. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Ooh...Vader and Tarkin...bad combo. Nothing good can come of this...

Oh, and I agree with luney...make him grow up fast!

15. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Intriguing idea, Em. I like the twists you've put on the familiar characters. :)

And I love the idea of Tarkin kneeling before Vader. Shoulda happened in the OT.

16. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    I just found this and it is great. Keep up the good work.

17. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Eenteresting... the Death Star... and Tarkin bowing to Vader.. very good :-D Hopefully though they don't try to blow up Alderaan with MY Lukie on it. :eek:

18. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Wompy-- Hmm, a mind for detail? Same here-- on other people's fics, like you. That's the sign of a good beta-reader. ;)

Danni-- *listens to the Imperial March* I love this music . . .

Mara-- Are you sure it wasn't stage left? *scans post* Or stage docking bay, more like . . .

Mom-- *hugs* I believe you!!! Yes, Jade is definitely a treasure. *winks at Jade*

AQ-- Awww, thanks. :)

Emilie-- I am forced to agree: nothing good can come of this. However, I'm just beginning to realize exactly how bad it is, and how I might not be able to resolve everything in one story. *attacks Darth Sequel*

Kirk-- I agree. *enjoys the mental image of Tarkin kneeling* Interesting how many people have remarked upon that . . . I didn't realize exactly how significant it was. Of course, this I can use . . .

Cypher18-- Thank you very much.

Luney-- Well, this is AU. Who says they're going to blow up Alderaan at all? [face_devil] ;) (and any other faces that show just how mysterious I'm trying to be)

19. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Hehe~ a trilogy just means more enjoyable posts to keep me hooked on, so bring it on i always say. so long as ur willing to write it anyway :)

Up!!!

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    *hops up and down* I'm here! And I love this one already! I must subscribe to this one :D

Oooo... and it's got Han in it :D Can't wait to see where this goes Em!

21. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Heehee...boy do I know what you're talking about! My story is quickly turning into an epic in my mind, and I already have a sequel planned. ;) (Don't let it fool you. It's short on the boards. It's LOOOONNNGGG in my head. Hehe.)

Oh, and call me Emmi! Everybody does!!

22. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Oh, this looks very interesting. Methinks I'll have to stick around for this one!
    Sreya

23. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    *sits down in shock after reading all the adoring comments* Wow... [face_blush] Thanks everyone! *hugs Emmy*

Great post, Em... I love the revisions, they work really well! :)

And everyone will be pleased to know that I should have the beta notes to Em in the next day or so... ;)

24. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Bri_Windstar-- Of course! If I decide to leave this wide open for a sequel, then I will write the sequel with equal fervor. :)

Jedi Girl-- *hugs* You made it! *looks around in awe* Very different from Legacy . . .

Emmi-- I shall call you Emmi. ;) Hey, I've already WRITTEN an entire epic. I finally ended it at 99,727 words. My betas are busy cutting out a quarter of it to get it down to a manageable length. :)

Sreya-- Welcome to the thread! I always love readers. :)

Jade-- Ãœberbeta!!! *hugs* Yeah, I know what you mean . . . the number of replies I'm getting is positively staggering . . . Not to mention the fact that they are all being nice to us. Oooh, new post? :)

I will update soon, my faithful friends! I have the next post ready, but would like to wait until I have the one after it on the way. *hugs her readers*

25. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    That's all i needed to know :)

~hehe, gotta love those overactive imaginations, they turn out some of the best stories i've ever read. better yet, they're FREE! i dont even wanna know how much $$ i have spent on SW books, but thats not a subject that needs to be brought up!!!!

UP!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.