main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And the Children Shall Lead ~ COMPLETED AND TAGGED ~ IVS trailer up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mcily_Nochi, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Epics are good. Who needs managable length? Pishaw! Write all you want. If I can read Clancy and Tolstoy I can read this no matter how long it gets.

2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Managable length? Bah! Who needs it?

Actually, I just declared a week long break from my darling story and I'm already starting to miss it. :(

*tosses more M&Ms to Em*

Hehe...you might've inspired me to write more, Em dear. ;) Looking forward to more story. Hope the candy is some incentive. ;)

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    As I always say, the longer the better... hmmm... or I think that's the first time I've ever said that ;)

4. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    just keep writing until u've nothing left to write. long and winding stories seem to finish themselves off newayz

::Windstar Out::

5. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Well said, Bri! And Jedi Girl of Corellia, there's a first time for everything!

*sits down to wait*

*gets out notebook to write while waiting*

6. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Phew! Caught up! (I read replies, and like them almost as much as stories, ;) )

Anyways, finally my two cents...

GREAT! I love this Em! The characters are fleshed out and believable and the stage is set for the galaxy to be upturned!

Can't wait for more!!

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Grrr... I need to find 'almost black' wool for a robe, and my usual sources are dry! :_| I think this calls for a post...

Em? ;)

8. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Bri_Windstar-- I know what you mean. I love the books, but fanfic is great, too.

Mom-- *grins* I haven't read either one, actually. But I've written extremely long fanfic . . . ;) I'm flattered you are along for the ride!

Emmi-- I never decalre breaks from my stories. I find that they happen when they need to happen, and that otherwise, I'm miserable, because I get overrun by ideas.

Jedi Girl-- LOL!!! You better think that way, after reading Legacy . . . ;)

Bri_Windstar-- Yeah, that's exactly what I do. This one I have actually planned out every scene for, though. I did that in calc one day when we had a sub and I was bored.

Emmi-- Good for you! Write! Keep yourself (and those readers) happy! ;)

Pete-- Awww, thanks! Now I feel guilty . . . I need to read you fic that you've been trying to force me to read . . .

Jedi Girl-- Okaaaaay . . . that's nice . . . ;)

Guess what time it is? Time for an update!

Leia settled herself carefully on the sofa next to her mother, Saché Organa. Saché put an arm around Leia and pulled her close. Now that they had been officially coronated the successors to the House of Organa, Leia and Luke would be allowed to attend these informal meetings of the Alliance. They would join the Rebellion later, when they came of age. The twins had peeked around corners to witness these meetings through the years, but had never been fully aware of everything that was happening. Leia looked forward to remedying that and getting involved for the first time in her life. She was sick of life as a pampered princess; she wanted action.

Luke was joking with Sabé, Saché's most trusted friend, on the other sofa, and their father sat regally in a straight-backed chair.

"Order, please," Bail requested, his eyes twinkling. "This may not be an official meeting of the Alliance, but I am anxious to hear of our most recent plan." He looked at Sabé. "Any word from Rabé yet?"

Sabé shook her head. "Not yet, Bail. She and her team arrived on Imperial Center last week. They are no doubt well on the way to the completion of our goals."

Leia glanced over at Luke, who had looked up, showing the first sign of interest yet. His eyes flicked back and forth between their parents and Sabé.

Saché's voice was serious. "Bail, if this fails--"

"If this fails," Sabé interrupted, "then we will just keep going. Many attempts such as ours can fail, but it only takes one successful assassination to get rid of Palpatine for good."

Leia's eyes widened, and she and Luke stared at Sabé in shock. "That's what Rabé's doing?" Luke blurted. "Trying to kill the Emperor?" He looked incredulous.

Leia bounced excitedly and tucked one ankle beneath her. "I think it's an excellent idea!" she declared. "We need to get rid of him!"

Luke turned his head to stare at her now. "Leia, I'm sure it's been tried before!"

"Well, yes, but this time Rabé--"

"Children!" Bail raised a hand and the twins obediently quieted down. "There is no guarantee one way or the other. We must simply hope that all goes as planned."

Leia's eyes narrowed. "Why do I get the feeling you've tried this before?"

Sabé sighed. "We have, Leia. Many times. This is the fifth attempt to kill Palpatine."

Luke looked at Leia and raised his eyebrows expressively. She ignored him. "It's bound to work at some point," she pointed out stubbornly. "We just have to keep trying."

Saché pulled her daughter close. "Spoken like a true Rebel princess," she whispered, her voice filled with love and pride, and a touch of concern.

Leia smiled smugly.

Luke crossed his arms. "So just because I don't particularly want to blow anyone up, that means I'm not a true Rebel?"

"Not at all." Leia looked at her father; he had a strange look in his eye as he addressed Luke. "The peacemakers have a different choice. You and Leia will find that your path is not always easy or obvious, but it will become clear to you how you can help." He glanced over Leia's

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Awww!

Wait...

Awww!

Wait...

If I am correct, those are the names of handmaidens from Naboo... what are they doing on Alderaan? Em! You've confuzzled your poor little Anakin!

10. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Awwwwww! ;)

Ooh, an assassination attempt on Palpatine...but why? He's such a kind and loving Dark Lord of the Sith! [face_mischief] But anyway, I loved the Luke/Leia interaction! I think we've all wondered what they would have been like growing up together, and now we get to see it. :) Excellent job!

11. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    **feins shock** What Danni said! Why assasinate him? He LOVES democracy! He said so in AotC! ;)

12. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Exactly, J_A_S! And would Palpy ever lie to us? I think not. ;)

13. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Of course he wouldn't! He's just the friendly neighborhood Sith lord . . . :)

14. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Great post Em! :)

I really like what you've done with this post.

Palpy... *shudder*

15. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    DIE, PALPY!!!!!!!

Er, I mean, great post, Emsy. Keep up the good work. ;)

16. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Good post, Em. Great to see the handmaidens still in action. Do we get to see Rabe's attempt on Palpy?

17. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    YAY!!! A new post! :D OOOOoooooo, an assassination attempt on Palpatine. Can hardly wait to see how that turns out. I really like this idea. I like seeing how it might have been had the twins been able to grow up together. Keep going, you're doing a great job! :D

18. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Jade-- *hugs* Thanks. Yeah, I agree-- Palpy is baaaaad news.

Fruity-- *wink* I know what you meant, ;)

Kirk-- Wait and see. *loves saying that* Kind of a shock that I would write handmaidens though, isn't it? The self-professed Prequel-disdainer. *sigh* Oh, well, maybe it isn't so bad . . . ;)

Gwen-- Thanks! Yeah, I'm having fun with this . . . Hmmm. It's funny how much pure fun I have writing fanfic . . . *ponders*

Thanks for all the replies! Wow!

19. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Oooh... this is interesting. With Lukie and Leia only 12, who can take on Vader this time?

EDIT: wasn't the death star given a breif cameo in aotc, on Geonosis?

20. Padawan_Willow02

Padawan_Willow02 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    Wowzers! That was great! Can't wait for more! UP!

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I shall be different and mention that one of the handmaidens kept slipping up. She was talking about the Force and not the Empire. You did a nice job of writing it.

I'm glad Luke doesn't want to blow somebody up. Good Boy. :)

Palpy said he'd willing give up his special powers after the crisis. Apparently there is still a crisis.

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmmm... so I suppose Luke is the pascifist. :) I suppose that balances Leia and Luke out...

Leia= Rambo, Luke= Ghandi ;)

23. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Very awesome! I love the family interaction, Luke and Leia growing up together, I always wondered how that would come about...

So we have Sache, Sabe, and Rabe... where are Eirtae and Padme? Hmmm? ;)

*ahem* MORE HAN!!!!! *ahem*

*innocence* what???

24. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *snorts* Friendly neighborhood Sith Lord? No comment. Hehehe...

Go Rabe', go! KILL HIM!!!! DIE PALPY DIE!!!!

That's my Lukie! *hugs Em* Thanks sweetie! That was great!!!

*sits down to wait for more*

EDIT: Where's Padme'?!?!?!

25. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Oooh, freaky. Assassinating a perfectly just senator? Baaad rebels. Your doom shall come! MUWAHAHAHAHA.... er, wait... *sights scope in on Palpy* Hehe, I got him. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.