main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

. . . and there was much rejoicing in the streets.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    The Insider & the Fan Club have been SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOTC is DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow the Link!

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Ding, Dong, the Wicked WOTCh is dead!!!!

3. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Whats WOTC???

4. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Wizards of the Coast.

As long as my insiders keep showing up, I'll be ok. So, whats the issue? Noone can put out a decent magazine, or noone wants to?

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Wizards of the Coast. Think Poke'mon cards, magic cards, all the rpgs...

6. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    my dreams have come true.

7. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    what was so bad about them?

(srry if i seem like an idiot but im completly in the dark about this...)

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well they had a budget from heaven and still managed to f@#$ up C2.

They can't seem to sell SW stuff to SW fans, because of their sheer lack of knowledge of what they want.

And The Insider, has anything but the inside of SW most of the time.

Other than that, they are just not very nice or effective for that matter.

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Wow Jen, I've never seen you use the word f@#$ before ;) Of course it's just a bunch of jibberish :p

Yeah they really didn't handle the CII very well. All the complaints I've heard (and there are many) indicate that there were mucho problems at CII.

Let's hope the CIII is going to be better. Cause that's the one I'm finally going to be able to go to :D

10. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    WOTC also makes the RPG and the card game...are those defunct now too? I hope not.. lmao

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    The article didn't say anything about that, so for now I imagine they still have the contracts.

12. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    As far as I know, WOTC has the Star Wars RPG license indefinitely, and the card game for the next four years at least. It's interesting to note that when Hasbro bought WOTC last year they pretty much left them alone because sales of Pokemon cards were so high and WOTC was making so much money. But last fall Pokemon sales started dropping drastically, and since then the Hasbro suits seem to be freaking out -- most of WOTC's upper management has resigned or been fired, and they keep dropping product lines left and right (first the SW Gamer is cancelled, now the fan club is sold off).

A while ago I predicted that Hasbro would gradually absorb WOTC until it didn't exist as a separate entity at all, and that seems to be well on the way to happening. WOTC just adopted Hasbro's wholesale discount schedule... I wonder what's next?

13. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Just so long as they don't start turnin' out those He-Man style SW action figures again.

14. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    FIRST I NEED TO SAY I AM SO HAPPY THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE SCREWING UP SOMETHING THAT WAS A HONEST AND NOBLE MAG TO BEGIN WITH . THEY TOOK MY BELOVED INSIDER AND PUT STAR TREK ADS IN IT IN THE FIRST ISSUE THEY DID . I KNEW THAT WAS THE START OF SOMETHING BAD . I PAID FOR A MEMBERSHIP TO A CLUB THAT FORGOT IT WAS A CLUB . THEN THERE WAS C2 . DONT GET ME STARTED . OOPS TOO LATE . IT WAS UNORGANIZED AND IT WAS LIKE GOING TO DISNEYLAND AND NOT GETTING TO RIDE ANY RIDES . THE VENDERS SUKED . THERE WAS A GUY SELLING T-SHIRTS AND DIDNT HAVE ANY SW SHIRTS . ITT TECH HAD A BOOTH . WHAT THE HELL ? THAT WAS STUPID . ALMOST AS STUPID AS HAVING OUR WEAPONS CHECKED FOR DYNAMITE !

I HOPE THESE NEW PEOPLE DONT HACK IT WORSE !

DONT GET ME WRONG , THEY HAD SOME GOOD STUFF IN THE MAG , BUT NOT THAT MUCH .I LOVE STAR WARS ! AND I HATE PEOPLE THAT SCREW WITH STAR WARS . THEY DIDNT RESPECT US !

15. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    you go big dog let them have it.

16. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
  17. Red3StandingBy

Red3StandingBy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    The worst thing was going from relatively intelligent "letters from the editor" one year to suddenly having this entire section each month devoted to BUY STAR WARS GAMER MAGAZINE TOO, IT'S COOL by clueless editors who were trying to sound intelligent.

Oh, and Darth Hair, are you a fan of Xanatos or do you just like that particular icon? It's cool either way. Just wonderin'.

18. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    Xanatos?? I thought the icon was Bruce Willis in "Unbreakable".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.