main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You’re in luck. We’re definitely going to be visiting urban environments. The concept art and set leaks we’ve seen confirm that already.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

August for premiere seems likley, Kenobi starts in May and ends in June. with 12 epiosdes. This could go for until october-november, Mandalorian for December.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    MrDarth0, AusStig and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My most anticipated show by a long shot. BoBF has been a lot of fun, but I’m starving for a really deep dive into the complexity of the GFFA, and I think this show will deliver that.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this will be the show with most world building since the Clone Wars tv show. Boba and Kenobi will be mostly character shows, witch Kenobi traveling little around. In Andor we will likley see mutch of the GFFA. The last of the prequel era in this show with old clones and republic ships, the senate, return to Corucant at last. Ties to the Bad Batch tv show with cloning? This show will be the bg breakout show like a Game of Thrones in space with politcs at center, war is not yet come but small hit and run attacks. Spying and infiltration. Early rebel cells beginning to join forces, see the more grey and dark side of the rebellion with Saw Guerra.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. And I think it’ll succeed on a massive scale because of that. It could also redefine the boundaries of Star Wars, which is exciting. It’s about time we have something of an avante-garde product in this franchise, and my feeling is that Andor might be it. Ushering in a period where the previous boundaries of Star Wars (rather simple fable-style storytelling) will no longer be sacred.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think like Mandalorian and what i think Acolyte will do, is all three will usher their own thing. Acolyte and Andor like Mandalorian will make the own little era's of shows. Already rumored of a Saw Guerra show. So we could have prequel era coved by era of shows, rebellion era of shows and Mandalorian with it's post war shows.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. I’m just thinking that Andor will broaden the acceptable boundaries of what Star Wars can be beyond what Mando and BoBF did. I think the Acolyte might do the same.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Andor and Acolyte i think are both tests for Star Wars, Acolyte with new timeline and no known characters, like Mando. But it will also be pretty politicial like TPM. Andor is in time that has been covered many times in many media's and it be intresting what Andor will do to spice it up. I'm pretty tired of only seeing the outer rim and it's desert, Snow, Forest planets. Lets see the middle-high class planets and worlds. We know Andor will mix in with middle class society, with concepts of backgrounds looking fancy. I love a undercover story in imperial politics.

Troy_Viszla and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, I'm more referring to the likely mode of the story told in Andor. In order to make a spy thriller interesting, and well, thrilling, the story, the environment and the character relationships have to necessarily be very complex. Much more of a mimetic mode of storytelling than a heroic/ legendary/ mythic mode. In a way that to date, Star Wars hasn't quite explored. So I think Andor will end up being more explicitly "adult" in its orientation than Star Wars has ever been (in terms of that complexity, not in terms of boobs and blood), and that's OK, as there's so much content out there for the broader family to enjoy. If this series goes over the heads of young children, I don't think that'll be a problem. That's why I think the show can split open the (IMO) creatively stifling boundaries that the creators have been operating within up to now. And the possibility of this show being so cutting-edge that it changes (and broadens) the boundaries of what Star Wars is allowed to be, is exciting. Feels like something George Lucas would appreciate, even though he was the guardian of the "it's for kids" boundaries in the past. With streaming TV, Lucasfilm can afford to break those rules a bit. It's risky, but good art is often risky.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Though I am wondering how much it will actually be a spy thriller.

I kind of feel like every star wars show so far has been a bit different than what they were initially advertised as:
    TCW: Wacky kids star wars fun - here is how deregulated banking led to the raise of fascism, with a guy getting his neck snapped on screen.
    Rebels: "American Revolution from the perspective of some guys in a barn" - "No wait, they were actually at the center of the Rebel's early history"
    Resistance: Racing and spaceships and maybe some spy stuff - surprisingly little flying, mostly light spy fare in first season, battlestar galactic in part 2.
    Mandalorian: Not!Boba hunts bounties and is stone cold badass - lone wolf and cub in space and lots of adorable bonding.
    The Bad Batch: Badass soldiers turn mercenary - the A-team vs 1984.
    The Book of Boba Fett: Godfather in space - dances with mastiffs and trying to take over a city entirely with bluff checks.

At this point I am half expecting Andor to be a romantic comedy.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I look forward to seeing the variety of alien park bench designs.

Bor Mullet and GunganSlayer like this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Agreed. Anticipation is high for this one precisely for those reasons.

RO showed they can do different SW stories VERY well and these can be successful in the eyes of many fans/general public/investors.

The potential plotlines for Andor are full of excitement in my mind.

Can't wait to read the grumpy critiques on this forum too. :)

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    lol, I think the shows we have gotten so far has been what they have been maketing as just fans not paying attention to it. Andor will likley get to be as dark as Rogue One and Revenge of the sith. Resistance is probarly only one that was different.

14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I hope so. I really miss the planet hopping SW is known for in the Boba show. I didn't expect we're going to be stuck on Tatooine for the whole duration of the show it seems. And no, the few second Kaminoan flashbacks don't count.

I want to see new and exotic planets in my SW! Feels like with the exception of RO, we haven't really got that in the Disney SW Live Action movies and shows.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah i can't wait for Kenobi as in that show we will be jumping to different planets and the show will be wild, book of Boba is ok but im tired of dessert planets by now. I think the only movies so far that has done it well is Rogue One and Solo. Andor will take that do it troughout the show with imperial and Underworld elements. Think of Rogue One and Solo in it's world building but it's in Andor.

TaradosGon and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I think they reminded us that Boba has a ship in the latest episode for a reason.

MercenaryAce and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    I wanna see Cassian shoot about 13 more people in the back every time the **** hits the fan.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. I’m pretty sure they’re going off-planet for a recruitment drive.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Let's hope so.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we will see Boa fly to other planets in these last 3 episodes as he recruits and might deal with bosses on Nal Hutta with hutts and Obah Diah with the Pykes and talk to Marg Krim.

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    In Rogue One it was an evolution from a spy who would kill for the good guys, even good people, if it meant protecting the Rebel Alliance,to a guy that sacrifices himself to protect the Rebels.

I’m wondering if this will be the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrDarth0, MercenaryAce and Sarge like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this show might be a way to show how even good people can break and do unspeakable things like Saw Guerra does. We know Saw will be in some episodes, Andor might hit a breaking point halfway or at end of the season as he sees the empire kill those close to him and use civilians young and old.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The episode opens on Nar Shaddaa and we all lose our ****. C’mon, Lucasfilm, do it.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't even want to say it out loud in fear of jinxing it, but yes!

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Don't jinx it!

RetropME likes this.