main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. The future of Star Wars looks bright. And it’s no surprise that fans are starting to get very excited about a TV show based on the best film of the Disney Star Wars era. ;)

TadoFett and Darth Buzz like this.
  2. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This would make me so happy if it was true. It would mean that there is finally a larger vision for Star Wars and it isn't just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. And seeing all of those TCW characters in live action would be super cool. I don't think it's too much fanservice either. I mean... I've often wondered what happened to Cody and Gregor after the war. It's part of the larger story that hasn't been told yet. You could argue that all of these familiar faces makes the universe feel small, but... aren't we kind of past that at this point? If you ask me, the galaxy became small the moment Leia was revealed to be Luke's sister. And if that scene at Dexter's dinner is considered "terrible fanfiction", I guess I just have terrible taste because that scene sounds really cool! It would be a shame to never see the TCW team in live action for at least a scene while the age of the PT actors still make it feasible.

TadoFett likes this.
  3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    THAT'S HER!!![face_praying]
    Sorry got that on dvd upstairs for me this is really great news!

4. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    All hail Rogue One!!! We are not worthy of it’s brilliance or impeccable Cinematography!! ^:)^

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    GreenFiend20, Hopeless and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    True, so very true!

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Cassian's sister. and Fernandez is dead wrong.

7. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Bespin Bulletin says Tony Gilroy’s enormous rewrites saved the show from cancellation.

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well of course.
    I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well then I could rewrite it!

10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If you listen to a certain person they claim Gilroy saved Rogue One, personally I think that was very unfair to Gareth Edwards. However Gilroy's input in Rogue One was to give us some fantastic scenes, I've no doubt that his input will be invaluable.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't care who is responsible but if anyone involved offers half the quality of Rogue One, this will be brilliant.

bb8isno1, Master_Lok, Avnar and 3 others like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

TadoFett and Siphonophore like this.
  13. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I do think, if nothing else, while it does have some flaws, Rogue One is the most consistent of the Disney films for me.

Ideally, I hope the show is able to replicate a similar sort of atmosphere (i.e. the somewhat grittier, more war-movie like feel--which still suits Star Wars, given that WW2 flicks and footage were one of the big inspirations back in the day...)

Avnar likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Rogue One knows the truth.

15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Shame that the lead character is such a dullard, probably the least charismatic lead to grace a SW movie. The supporting cast will have a lot of heavy lifting to do.

16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Rogue One was mainly a chase film (to really reduce it unfairly) and I thought Cassian was an interesting character within that. Not charismatic, like Han, say, but he's someone morally struggling, like almost all his allied characters.

Rogue One had a great deal to introduce and resolve, and Cassian was not the main thing either. A series may add depth to his character as an ambiguous consequentialist doing high risk, dirty fieldwork, while having a good heart.

It's been done loads, but I'm game for a SW version.

Riv_Shiel and TadoFett like this.
  17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    You just know that K-2SO killed Andor's wife and family before being re-programmed.

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not a shame that the lead actor is one of the best young actors around, and also a talented director and producer too. Not to mention that Cassian will have miles more characterization in the series. You may have found him dull in RO (I disagree, but leave that aside), but it doesn’t follow that he’ll be dull in the show. There’s a lot more room here to flesh him out. He was not the main lead in RO, after all.

19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    lol

Master_Lok and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What person are you referring to?

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Gilroy thinks Gilroy did a great service.

22. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    Cannot wait for this because I love R1 and Cassian was my favourite character from it and cant wait to see Diego Luna play him again as I thought did a superb job in the film also looking forward to seeing K2 again as he ran a close second as my favourite character and enjoyed the chemistry between him and Cassian.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    While I liked RO, I never thought it was the masterpiece some people are making it out to be, Cassian wasn't my favorite character either. However, I understand why they chose to make a TV show about him since it could show another side of the Rebellion we don't see a lot of on-screen at least.

24. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I suspect what is most likely is that he "saved" it from what it was agreed upon to be from the inception of the project until they decided they didn't want that anymore.

Whether or not it would have worked as it was originally intended is another matter but the joins between the two versions melded together are pretty rough but the kinetic energy Edwards created in his shooting style feels like a real descendant of Lucas' approach.

25. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Cassian wasn't the standout for me in R1, but he was okay. I'm happy to give Luna a chance, but it depends who he has to bounce off of.