main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Honestly I expected them to be called "Cassian Andor" and "Kenobi" respectively. I was a little surprised to see "Obi-Wan Kenobi" as a show title.

2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I just hope he's allowed to touch him.

ewoksimon and darkspine10 like this.
  3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The forest moon of Andor. :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    They are going to have to do some deaging with Cassian. Even during Rogue One, while is character was 26yrs old, he could pass for someone older.

And Andor takes place several years before Rogue One.

5. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I don't think the real life age matters much (or him looking a few years older here, for that matter). Something like that certainly doesn't affect my enjoyment taking Better Call Saul as a prequel to Breaking Bad, and all of the BCS actors are a lot older than the characters they are playing at this point (and are starting to look older in BCS than in BrBa). Age is very, shall we say, slippery in The Mandalorian as well. Compare Din and Boba, who were children as the Clone Wars raged, to Bo-Katan who was an adult. I'm not going to be bothered if Diego Luna looks a bit older in Andor than he did in Rogue One. There are so many other things they can put that money towards that would be bound to affect my enjoyment of the series a whole lot more.

6. Internets

Internets Jedi Master star 1

Nov 28, 2008
    I wonder if that fella that he murders in Rogue One will be in it. It's gonna be weird for Disney to have a show about a dude being radicalised.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He was already “radical” when he was a child

8. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    This is one of the shows in most excited about. After seeing the sizzle reel it only increased that excitement.

I hope they do go down the route of making this show very gritty and exploring the darker side of the rebellion following on from the lines in Rogue One about being saboteurs and assassins.

Anything that blurs the lines between the simple good vs evil of the empire vs the rebellion will always be a winner for me

9. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Maybe if the cassian andor series does become successful we could get spin off tv shows based on it like what is happening with the mandalorian.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I have a feeling this is going to be some of the highest-quality Star Wars we’ve ever seen.

11. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002

And let’s also hope more high quality of the rest of the 9 Star Wars projects to become a hit so after those are done more and more Star Wars tv shows and movies to also become quality

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett and RetropME like this.
  12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Will this finally be the first live action Star War to not show a lightsaber? Or will there be another gratuitous Sith appearance?

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't recall any lightsabers in the Holiday Special.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also a lightsaber didn’t appear in the Ewok movies

15. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Tivik. I would love to see more of him. Daniel Mays is a fantastic actor. I've been a fan of his since the show "Outcasts" and was really excited to see him get a role in Star Wars, even though it was very short lived.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Nothing in Rogue One says he's that age so I doubt it'd even come up unless they would go as far as making it a story point. It's one thing to have someone in their mid-30's be mid-20's but trying to pass off 40 as half that is too much for a regular role like this.

It depends when the series is supposed to be set (some mention it's about 5 years prior). It doesn't have to be some distinct time anyway. Just a few years before R1 is plenty of room to play in if the series is supposed to go several seasons.

It's far more interesting for the character to be a teenage during the Clone Wars anyway.

That's Hollywood stroke. Obviously everyone from John Knoll to Gareth Edwards and all the other writers had a hand in Rogue One of which this is a distinct prequel. At the same time of course it's all based on what Lucas had already created so it all comes back to him anyway.

It's exactly in line with the kind of thing he likes to do. Bourne, Beirut and his other work which deals with the ethical dilemma's of characters. It also is smart business because he can do this for a time then line up other projects that he has a more personal connection to.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We know he’s been in this fight since he was 6 years old. Whatever that would imply

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I've always thought it meant that his family were Separatists and he's been fighting the corrupt government since before it became the Empire. It seems like that is pretty much his canon story. Which means that he could, at most, be 28 years old.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Def Trooper and B3 like this.
  19. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
  20. aewhistory

aewhistory Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2019
    Do NOT give Disney these ideas.....

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Disney Buried Jar Jar. He appeared once in the new canon

black_saber likes this.
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Considering they were filming in London, I think there's a good chance Daniel Mays and Duncan Pow (Sgt. Melshi) might appear.

Talking of de-aging, Forrest Whitaker coming back would be great if unlikely.

my kind of scum likes this.
  23. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Oh, I basically count on that. Forrest has done Saw in Rebels and Fallen Order. The character shows up all over the place and he has a very useful role to play in terms of setting up the line that Cassian and his morally grey ilk won't cross.

And there's actually a sort of missing plot thread regarding Saw and Geonosis, that starts in Rebels, and then later, so far offscreen, he gets bombed with anti-Geonosian insecticide that causes him to need the breathing gear.

Grey Matter and cwustudent like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this is one the shows i'm most excited for. Can't wait for more early rebellion.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Why do I keep seeing rumors Doctor Aphra will appear in this?