main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Somebody will be dispatching Imperials to combat Andor and whoever helps him. I can see Vader menacing a series of Imperial officers, Vader being the Blofeld and these Imperials the equivilent Dr No, Rosa Klebb, Auric Goldfinger, Largo and Fiona Volpe from the early Bond movies.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    One of the things I liked about Rogue One was the oppression by the Empire - a lot was done to subjugate/kill without any recourse nor serious threat to the highest/large Imperial ranks.

I hope we see more of that kind of atmosphere in Andor, rather than a straight copy of James Bond v idiosyncratic bad guys. I get the tongue-in-cheek sentiment of "James Bond in space," but I'd like to see something more survival-and-espionage-under-oppression, rather than never-quite-getting-the-main-villains of the OT.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The main villain is very likely to be whoever Skarsgard is playing.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  4. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I don’t think Tarkin will be the main villain, not least because it would require a recast or expensive CGI. Maybe the odd cameo via holo.

5. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Maybe Krennic will be the main villain. I don't think Tarkin and Vader will be much more than cameos because of the cost of digitally recreating Tarkin and because, with respect to the great James Earl Jones, his Vader voice isn't as strong as it used to be.

Or maybe they want a villain they can kill and will go with a completely new lead villain. That seems the most likely imo.

Cyber Spark and Sarge like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think a new main villain with Krennic, Tarkin and Vader being the series villain that only shows up when enough problems rise up. Like Tarkin did in Rebels.

Reepicheep775 likes this.
  7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The bet that Skarsgård is the main villain is probably right, but he can do those roles in his sleep. Instead, make him the Nick Nolte of this show and have him play some weirdo alien, like a war weary Gungan.

8. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not so sure Skarsgard is the villain, it seems to obvious. Adria Arjona as Cassian's sister is all I'm pretty sure on...

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Skarsgård as Captain Tarpals is the only satisfactory end to all of this, now.

10. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Plus, Vader is guaranteed the villain of Kenobi, and I'd prefer it if he stayed there, where he has more of a place, especially in character.

Riv_Shiel and PymParticles like this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Alan Tudyk said he isn't going to be K-2SO in this? At least for S1? (His quote indicates if it goes on he'll be there) Wasn't Tudyk part of the announcement at celebration or something?

Heck, have Tudyk play a human or alien role entirely, guy's real good with voices. Or just bring in Steven the Pirate, t'heck with it.

Or the big S1 cliffhanger is K-2SO arriving ala Vader walking out in S1 Rebels or S2 Luke in Mandalorian finale.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Unfortunately, Captain Tarpals lost his life during the Clone Wars. :( @};-

Django Fett likes this.
  13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    As if that has stopped any character from coming back alive :p

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Did we see Tarpals' body? I don't remember - but I think the only characters who've come back have been cases where we didn't see a body.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Boss Nass from the clone wars, being an old friend of Jar Jar and now a grim hard rebel gungan. Explain why he didn't portect his old friend Jar Jar.

16. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Word is you can find Captain Tarpals in a shadowy corner booth of a certain cantina chainsmoking Death Sticks.

Sarge likes this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You say that like death still has any meaning in SW. [face_laugh]

Fin McCool likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Standard modern Star Wars dialogue to satisfy any plot:
    "Somehow Tarpals returned"
    "Bombad science, moi moi cloning, secrets only the Gungans knewsa"

Easy peasy.

Riv_Shiel, rumblewagon, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Isn't that Skarsgard on the back of the speeder bike?

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe Cassian's mentor. I think this first season of Cassian will be like The American spy tv show. Dark and gritty with little sense of humor.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Looks like the poor sod he later shot in his first scene in Rogue One.

DannyD likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I would agree at first but then the way his hair and back seems, it dosen't appear to be him, and i think Cassian wound't shoot him so easily if they had working relationship, plus the novel descibes him as an informant.

23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I hadn't thought about his (Tivik) possible return for Andor. But such a re-appearance, no matter how small, would really add to the poignancy of the scene in RO.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Or rehire Wayne Pygram, who played Tarkin in ROTS. He looked fine in the final film and the early make-up tests. Then again, in this day and age, casting Stephen Stanton (voice of Tarkin in TCW and Rebels) and doing a Deep-Fake on his face would probably be the more straightforward solution.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Tarkin will be in this as mutch as we see him in Clone wars and Rebels. 2 - 3 episodes a season. He'll as mutch impact as he had in those shows and like in Rogue one you'll feel his impact.