main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    The actor playing Melshi is confirmed to be in the show.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I cant wait for more Saw Guerra content.

TadoFett likes this.
  3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Melshi is pretty much confirmed.

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Melshi is my favourite character in Rogue One, he's straight out of any good old fashioned war film. He's Lee Marvin in The Big Red One, he's James Coburn in Cross of Iron, he's Vic Morrow in Combat!, he's Siegfried Rauch in The Eagle has Landed, he's Harry Andrews in Ice Cold in Alex, he's Richard Jaeckel in The Dirty Dozen and he's Telly Savalas in Kelly's Heroes. He's all these and many more, I'd love if the troops just called him 'Sarge'.

I think there's a perfect opportunity to have the Hammerhead captain transport Cassian on a mission and pick him up afterwards, a bit like the submarine commander who delivers the agent into WWII occupied Europe and has to avoid German surface craft. Plenty of tension and suspense.

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I could live with that.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Do you think we could see a captain Thrawn in grey uniform in Andor before we see him in Ahsoka, get little Thrawn cameo to tease before he shows up at Ahsoka, as he rather unkonwn now the audience. Only hardcore fans know of him.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wouldn't he be Admiral Thrawn at this point? Isn't Andor set around two years prior to Thrawn's promotion to Grand Admiral just before Rebels season 3?

But I do like that idea.

Duke Vadewalker and TadoFett like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Acually it is set 3 years prior to him becoming Grand Admiral, but yess he probarly be an admiral, i forgot my timeline of his promotion a little, it begins around same time as rebels season 1. And he could show up as one of the admirals Tarkin speaks to or the shows main villain seeks advice from. I wonder if they want to show him anything but the white uniform. And since he is a big player in the empire at this time it makes sense as a secondary villain until he becomes the grand admiral.

Duke Vadewalker and TadoFett like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Putting this here for possible storytelling in future in Andor if we get mutch of Corucant as it is rumored and will likley get Darth Vader once at least each season.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I once had my Rebel Trooper action figures fight Darth Vader atop a large pile of bricks until they were all knocked over by a squirrel.

Just leaving this here because it is possible we can see something like that in Andor.

11. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I wish George Lucas had moved forward with Underworld instead of selling to Disney.

GunganSlayer and Darkslayer like this.
  12. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I've got to say, I am not overly excited about this series compared to others because I am just not that interested in the character. I thought his story in Rogue One was enough and he wasn't overly compelling in that, just a part of a great whole (I loved the film). I am however excited for anything Star Wars related and for whatever connections elsewhere it throws up and I wonder if that is the purpose of this show, to serve as a bridge between other more important series.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I just can’t understand how an interstellar spy thriller with massive stakes can be bad. Especially with a brilliant actor as the lead, a great director, and a fantastic DP. And fricking Skarsgaard’s in it. This one’s going to be good.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  14. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    This interview with Denise Gough in a UK paper includes a mention of her role in Andor:
    https://epaper.thetimes.co.uk/search?query="denise gough"&in=ALL&date=Range&startDate=2021-10-03&stopDate=2021-10-03

"Lately Gough has been busy filming the forthcoming Star Wars TV series, Andor, and Under the Banner of Heaven, a Mormon murder drama that also stars Daisy Edgar-Jones, but she insists that theatre remains her first love. “First of all, you get a clap at the end. I did a scene in Star Wars that was like a four-page monologue. I did the whole thing and afterwards the crew were quiet. I was, like, ‘Really? Not even a ****ing clap after that?’ ” she says, laughing."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2021
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Around this time Mon Mothma was still a senator on Courucant so i wonder if we the politics of the galaxy from her point of veiw. Her and Bail Organa navigating the curropting body of the senate. And either Mass Amedda or Tarkin as the chairman of the senate, in the Leia novel Tarkin adressed the senate many times. Palpatine is in his office study sith lore and all. I think unlike Mandalorian, this will feel like GOT, with different points of veiw in the galaxy. We get Cassian Andor with the rebellion and Mon Mothma in the politics of Corucant.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    1000%

GunganSlayer likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Andor will likley use mutch of the Underworld plots and such when we see Corucant.

18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I hope we see who those soldiers were at the end of Rogue One.

But more than that: I hope there's a "twist" like there was in The Mandalorian with the Grogu character.

Like a "catch" that will keep us watching.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Or it could just be a great show with a great story and great characters and great visuals. That could keep us watching.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    On thing i think this show will do well at unlike some movies and tv shows is world building, like we see in Rogue One and the PT. I thing i think Mandalorian dosen't do a good job at is world building, i get tired of mostly desert and forest planets, i like to see more city planets or more alien living ones. Lets see some septratist planets, maybe Raxus it's capital.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  21. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I'm less interested in seeing Raxus than I am in seeing Cassian trying to recruit older Separatist soldiers he knew as a child into the Rebellion. Perhaps he had his own equivalent of Saw Gerrera on Fest.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It'd be interesting to see some of those older Separatists reconcile with the fact that the Rebellion's official name is "Alliance to Restore the Republic." Maybe some won't see the point, maybe some will take a 'the devil you know' stance with it.

Sarge likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Right, or they’ll see their involvement as chance to shape whatever they think a New Republic should be - avoiding the sins of the last one. Either that or many might simply realize how much worse the Empire is than the Republic, and joins the Alliance for that reason. I imagine Cassian himself might’ve had one or more of these reasons behind joining, as an ex-Separatist himself.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This is a way for the show to connect with rangers of new republic, having the sepratist connections and how they feel about the rebellion and later new republic.

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I doubt very much that the politics of the Prequels will be touched upon at all.