main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.01 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 20, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 5, 2022.
  1. 10

15.3%
  2. 9

29.4%
  3. 8

23.5%
  4. 7

18.8%
  5. 6

3.5%
  6. 5

4.7%
  7. 4

3.5%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    So I can’t judge it by such a claim, but I should totally listen to you judging it by such a claim? I think I won’t. I stand by my 5/10 rating for this episode. Hope it gets better.

2. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Just watched 1.1

It was fine. It's the just the first episode. As others have pointed out, sets and music looked amazing. But kind of nothing happened.

Arwen Sith and Sarge like this.
  3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Been thinking about how to grade these episodes, I believe I will give them all the same grade as they were released together and are a tight package that feels very incomplete when divided. Compared to the previous live action shows, this one feels more sophisticated in terms of its plotting and production design. It’s a peculiar corner of Star Wars though, Ferrix isn’t “alien” like previous locales, the grim industrial aesthetic feels like a particularly human dystopia. I’ll need to give it another watch before grading.

4. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    As a intro episode for this series, I'd give it an 8.

Quite excellent, loved the world-building all around, the music was great, story line(s) are developing in engaging ways, acting is superb throughout from all involved.

Two things stand out for me though:

1) I loved how we hear the natural Kennari language without any subtitles/translations at all. A wonderful remainder of how everyone doesn't necessarily speak Basic yet through their acting and gestures, we are able to glean the subtext meanings behind what is being said. Bravo choice indeed.

2) This may be a fine nitpick but I have to ask, are Irish/Scottish accents the natural type accents in the Corporate Sector? In the same vein that Red Leader from ANH was from the planet Texas-sis apparently? It's an interesting choice to make and it does add further sustenance to the dialogue overall but kinda odd to hear in a SW story.

Onward to the episode 2!

Arwen Sith, Glitterstimm and Sarge like this.
  5. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Man. I think this is it. I think Lucasfilm finally delivered the goods for me. I know we're only 3 episodes in, but I'd say (and even just judging off this first episode) this is the best Star Wars show that has thus far been produced, and by a significant margin.

Very excited to see where we'll go from here! So much potential in this show. Much applause to Tony Gilroy and all the crew for this one--many thanks!!!

6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I think it's a nice change, rather than hearing the same few American and English accents over and over, with the occasional Temuera Morrison.

Accents, ages and travel times have never really made much sense in Star Wars anyway.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Apart from Cassian murdering two people and being placed on a wanted list by the Empire’s security company that runs the place he lives in, forcing him to have to find a way to flee his home? In most normal shows, that’s a season finale, not the first episode.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    Jo Lucas and Riv_Shiel like this.
  8. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    I think it's more like that the murdering should have taken place at the end of the episode, you know. I missed some cliffhanger.

Arwen Sith likes this.
  9. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Promising start. It doesn't hurt that Cassian Andor is, IMO, the most charismatic male character in SW since Han Solo. It's certainly going to be interesting to see where they're going with this one.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I've finally gotten around to watching the first episode of this series. Being a huge fan of R1 and knowing this series has received much praise already, I came in with high expectations. Outside of Cassian apparently looking for his little sister and being on the run after having killed the two security officers, it was kind of difficult to understand what was going on most of the time. The flashback sequences confused me most of all; since everyone was speaking a foreign language and for some reason there was no translation text on screen; so you were left to figure it out only by their behavior and emotions.

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm a little confused about what the confusion was, as it all seemed pretty straightforward to me.