main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.03 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 20, 2022.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 2, 2022.
  1. 10

34.1%
  2. 9

33.0%
  3. 8

19.3%
  4. 7

11.4%
  5. 6

1.1%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1.1%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.03!!
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) Andor episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Best episode yet!

I can't believe they had Darth Vader ride off that roof on a bicycle with no seat! Hasn't his body been through enough?

3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Vader: I'm ready for the trials.

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

5. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    puts on ‘I want to ride my Bicycle’ by Queen

Kato Sai likes this.
  6. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    This guy can't ride without a seat. Pfffft.

Darth Valkyrus and Sarge like this.
  7. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Too soon. Lol.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    ok…

maybe ‘Killer Queen’ or ‘We are the Champions’

Sarge likes this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Ok this episode is what we came for!!!!!

And swearing now in Star Wars? Come on. More ferretts.

Lucien is amazing, his arrival stepped everything up.

That final escape and the ranging shots I think are setting up the rebellion players.

Everyone took a hammering on both sides. This was SOOOOOO much better than the first two eps.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This was a really good one.

Star Wars no longer follows the language rules of this forum. :p

11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Not a single solitary Stormtrooper, Mandalorian, or Jedi in sight in this show, and all things considered, it's done rather well! I really don't know what kids would think about this show, it's definitely something you have to pay attention to in order to follow the plot. No details are freely handed out, you really have to earn your knowledge about what's going on, what characters' motivations are. And the cursing! Sometimes dank ferrik just doesn't express the situation.
    They've got some top-tier talent in this show, both in front and behind the camera. Bring on the rest!

12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Now we're starting to cook with gas. I liked how they worked in rebelling, but not The Rebellion per se. Certainly intrigued by what Luthen's motivations are or who he's connected to. The final sequence was a good way to end the episode. Glad they dropped three episodes, good mix and this one certainly left you wanting more and looking towards the next one.

8/10

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I liked this episode very great. Luthien is top tier character. I liked seeing Maarva and she rescuing/Kidnapping Kassa from being killed by the Republic.

Darth MikeSin and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Maarva (Din Djarin) and Kassa (Grogu)

Darth MikeSin likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The three episodes together are the strongest start to any of the series to date. That includes The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan Kenobi and all the Marvel shows.

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So those patches those dudes were wearing from the crash in the flashbacks is a separatist symbol. But the woman told young Cassian that a Republic Officer was killed.

We also saw the ruins of the supposed mining incident (the Empire later says). I wonder if the ruins are actually Separatist background.

17. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Separatists killed a Republic Officer and were fleeing the Republic forces. Mining operation was either with the CIS or captured by them from the Republic. The latter would make more sense, because it would seem as if Marva and Cassian were stealing from the Republic, and they would be punished. But Cassian being mad at the Republic doesn't make sense, because those were the Separatists that killed the girl from the tribe. And I don't believe the Republic would wipe out his tribe for no good reason, that's not how they operate, that's not how the clones operate, and that violates multiple conventions and laws within the Republic itself in regards to native population of the planets. But they'll have to make the Republic look bad somehow. Hope it will at least make sense. We'll see how it goes.

Overall, a much better episode than the first two. But the corpo police is still very much cartoonishly evil in regards to how they treat local population for no good reason other than to show how evil they are. Only the blue-eyed guy who got promoted was sensible, forgot his name (honestly, they all have such unremarkable, forgettable names). Yeah, it was obvious that they were going with the "nobody cares about anything in totalitarian states, they are all arrogant, fat and incompetent" angle, it wasn't exactly subtle.

18. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Episode 3 is the best so far, imo.
    Action picked up as well as the general intensity and pacing.
    Good cast and production design on this series.
    Been enjoying a lot of the music as well.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The intro music is really good.

20. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    Also, seemed like the Seppies had some sort of biological weapon on-board.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The music in the show is brilliant.

22. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Is that why they all looked a bit yellow? At first I thought they were near human aliens but as we saw more crew it looked more like humans whose skin was unnaturally turned yellow.
    We’ll find out more I’m sure. There is going to be period of time when the republic has become the Empire but is not widely called that yet or isn’t officially the empire yet.

Cassian might be too young in the flashbacks for that to be happening. Or maybe the series is playing a bit loose with actor ages.

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Maybe they're from the Springfield system.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Almost every state has one so why not

25. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    Yeah, they were regular people wearing gas masks, protection, with tubes coming out of it and such. Obvious hazmat suit. And there was some sort of yellow gas coming out of the ship.