main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.04 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 27, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 5, 2022.
  1. 10

35.3%
  2. 9

35.3%
  3. 8

11.8%
  4. 7

14.1%
  5. 6

2.4%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.2%
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    To be honest I think he probably has holocrons that are not functional or mere models of them. Non-force users cannot use them anyhow. I don't think it is a plot element. Just Easter egg. Darth Momin is such a funny name though, I cannot help but think of
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    Darth Caliban and TCF-1138 like this.
  2. Darth_Cruiser

Darth_Cruiser Jedi Padawan

May 4, 2022
    There was a big Jedi Academy right in the middle of Coruscant. Jedi also played big parts in the Clone Wars which wasn't long ago. People not believing in them doesn't make sense.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Most people never saw the jedi in action, Jedi temple was far away from ordinary citizens even on Coruscant and the Clone Wars were fought mostly in the Outer Rim. Attack on Coruscant focusing on kidnapping of the Supreme Chancellor. After Empire came into power new generation was told the official truth that jedi were traitorous cult of people that are dangerous and no one should involve themselves with them. That would mean most people in the galaxy have only heard of the jedi and the version they have heard is likely imperial propaganda. Sure people believe jedi existed, but probably not how they were really like.

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    We shall see. Darth Momin helps Vader build his Fortress, I expect him to appear at some point.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    He has absolutely no place in Andor- Vader already has his fortress at this point in time. It is no way relevant in this show anyway.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I wouldn’t be so quick to say no way. You never know.

7. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I'd happily watch 30 mins of Mon Mothma right this moment.

my kind of scum likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they save the force stuff for season 2 if they do it at all. But we already got small hints of the force with easter eggs stuff, the kyber Cassian got from Luthien and the mention of mystics on Aldhani.

Lord-Skywalker and Kato Sai like this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    My theory is Aldhani is canon word for Ashla, The Lightside.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    But seriously Darth Momin is like the last person this show needs.... He doesn't make any sense in this show. Darth Vader already has his castle and he killed what was left of that guy 12 BBY, this show takes place 5 BBY which is 7 years after that. Flashbacks doesn't have anything to do with Mustafar either. From all possible characters that might appear Momin is there on the very bottom with likes of Exar-Kun and Darth Revan. Maybe he is mentioned at best, but I see no direct reason for that either. Reference would be cool I guess, but appearance makes no sense from any point of view.

11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm down for that, and we'll be able to keep our eyes on Cassian's story, where it belongs...along with Luthen's, Mon Mothma's, and Saw's (whenever he and his Merry Men show up!)

I won't be surprised if someone like Ahsoka shows up, but I hope it'll be brief, and shrouded in mystery. Have her wearing a cloak in a dark alleyway in Coruscant, maybe even have Ashley Eckstein voice her?

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  12. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I agree. With the possible exception of seeing Sheev and Vader, at least once. Maybe in a Holonet vid.

And of course the imperial palace.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    In TLJ, Holdo's flagship was named Raddus.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Indeed. Some of the other shows felt like the writers were making up the stories the night before shooting and that they didn't have a clear idea of where things were going. Andor doesn't feel like the stories were written last minute and by and large the characters are acting logical, at least more so than the other shows.

Also every episode so far has felt important and necessary to the story, i.e. we haven't had any filler episodes that were crammed into the series to pad it out. And lastly there's this feeling that the show exists for a reason other than to give us a bunch of easter eggs and let the directors and writers use characters like they're playing with toy action figures.

EDIT: Even when there are easter eggs, they're subtle. It's not like, "HEY THAT'S R5-D4!!!"

Sarge, avcpl and LedReader like this.
  15. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Regarding the Force-users in this series - IMO, can be an interesting topic whether Mothma knows about Palpatine being a Sith and what other Force-sensitive servants besides Vader he has.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The Coruscant stuff was very good, I wish Mon Mothma was the title character. They really captured the upper class atmosphere of the city from TPM except now under Imperial rule. Unfortunately I still care nothing about Andor or yet another plot about breaking into an Imperial base. 7/10

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    But what if you found out that they were going to sneak in and out by hiding under giant coats? Wouldn't that be exciting? :)

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    And it almost worked. Imperials are incompetent.:p

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Personally I hope we don't see any Force at all. Not even Vader or Palpatine. This is a time when Force users are incredible rare, almost non-existent. In fact when you look at the larger Imperial Period before ANH it can now be broken into two distinct eras. The era just after ROTS which is defined largely by the Inquisitorius hunting down the last remnants of the Jedi Order. This era transitions in the Rebels series as the Jedi are pretty much all gone and the Inquisitors are all but destroyed and then becomes the Pre-ANH era which is largely defined by the rise of the Rebellion and the Empire focusing on trying to destroy. Just as the Jedi wane regular people around the galaxy start to rise up.

20. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Maybe not in any real time scenes, but showing them perhaps in Holonet News transmissions probably wouldn't hurt.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm good either way, but I'm not expecting any Force stuff.

22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I wouldn't be opposed to having some Force stuff, but it would need to fit the tone, meaning it would have to be strange, scary, and somewhat inexplicable to the "normal" heroes and villains who witness it. I think we will be seeing Sly More soon, who I believe is Force-sensitive, and I think a Palpatine scene could be appropriate too. It would be quite dramatic for Mon Mothma or Bail Organa to come face to face with him and see how much he's transformed.

Sarge, Kato Sai and Darth Caliban like this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree with this BUT I actually have really wanted to see Darth Sidious acting in his role as ruler of a galaxy being colonized so I really want to see Plapy in this era. But not in Sith Lord mode... but, rather, in bored out of his mind legislative mode.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Palpatine cameo with Mas Amedda and Sly Moore. Both of them will be characters who interact with the Emperor. Next episode we might get a comment from Sly Moore and Mas Amedda of Palpatine.

Glitterstimm and Darth Caliban like this.
  25. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I really like this show so far. This episode went by so fast for me (in that I was fully engaged), I was expecting their mission to get underway but nope it was over and now I have to wait.