main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.05 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 4, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 12, 2022.
  1. 10

18.3%
  2. 9

28.0%
  3. 8

24.4%
  4. 7

22.0%
  5. 6

4.9%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1

1.2%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.05!!
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) Andor episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Grand Admiral Thrawn crashing the dinner party was quite a surprise, but an unwelcome one. He becomes an annoying, charmless, insufferable art-snob after only two drinks [face_waiting]

3. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Who'd have thought Darth Vader would attend another uncomfortable dinner?

4. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Did not expect to see rootleaf stew as the main dish.

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I can't stand all these fancy-shmancy nouveau cuisine dining experiences. I'd rather go to the food-speeder parked by the road and get some rotisserie mynock.

6. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I couldn't believe that the starter was roasted porg wing!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Andor smuggling Vel out under his trench coat was certainly a choice.[face_party]

8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Jar Jar's speech about removing the Senate's bureaucracy was classic foreshadowing. Mas Amedda's face!

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I would like to try some of those blue noodles

10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ackbar did not take the fried Calamari entree very well

11. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Sly Moore's joke was hilarious.

12. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    It is so nice to be excited for a new SW episode!!

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Wonder what brand blue milk the Mothma's drink?

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Man Mothma was right - they are fun. Mon is also right about them being evil, but a good times a good time.

15. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Thrawn, JarJar, Mas Amedda and Ackbar all at one dinner party? Hilarity ensues!

7 more hours here!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  16. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    My favorite part was when Mon Mothma hid a bomb under the dinner table, then excused herself before detonating it. However it was even more badass when she ripped her sleeves off her arms, smeared grease under her eyes, grabbed her modified A280 blaster rifle and proclaimed, “It’s time to bring the war to them” as she marched towards the senate building. Can’t wait to see how that plays out next week!

17. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Darth Vader being honored if he can join them was a great obscure callback to a forgotten scene from a forgotten piece of live-action SW media released in 1980.

18. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Blue cookies for dessert was a big success.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just a few more minutes now

20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    This show could show Imperal pilots being ***** and scaring random people by flying close above them, and I would still love it.

You didn't get that, but one could say you came close. Those Coco Pops and Corn Pops with that blue milk looked pretty tasty :p

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Another great episode. Still kinda shocked that Mothma has a family though

22. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I think this one is on par with 2nd episode.. it lacked at least one exciting scene.. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see their day to day lives and the locations are still beautiful but with the amazing ep 4, the expectations are only going higher :p

23. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I like that we're getting to know the other folks in the Rebellion Raid Party, I expected this episode
    to end during the raid itself, with our heroes walking into a trap. Thankfully we're given some thoughtful moments with our Rebels, and what motivates them. And what of Val and Cinta? What will their role in the raid be?
    This installment will be marinating in my head for quite a while, before I watch it again. They've kept multiple story threads going, keeping my interest in each of them at the highest level.

24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I usually "scold" people who have to see action in an episode/movie to appreciate it.
    And while I fully appreciated so many things about this episode, I most definitely expected more from it.
    I actually didn't even consider that I would have to wait one more week to see the Eye and the attack against the Imperials, and the dinner at the Mothmas.
    But I guess here we are.

However, I do have to say Nemik is definitely my favorite in this Rebellion cell.

25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Something...almost happened. As a stand alone, it was pretty boring once again BUT it is clearly going somewhere and the intrigue is well...intriguing. This show will be a whole better binge watched, that is obvious. Having to wait a week for people standing around and talking once again is a bit of a let down for me.