main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.05 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 4, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 12, 2022.
  1. 10

18.3%
  2. 9

28.0%
  3. 8

24.4%
  4. 7

22.0%
  5. 6

4.9%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1

1.2%
  1. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I never said they were talking about the Empire. What I’m implying is that it seems the Empire is cautious about Mon Mothma, for whatever reason, because “spies are everywhere.” So she and her husband are trying to throw them off her husbands trail and make him seem less suspicious by making them seem like they hate each other. It would also explain why she married such a prick in the first place, being that he isn’t actually one. I don’t think it’s really that far fetched of an idea.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    TadoFett likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You know what? I can see it.
    I don't know that it is the actual character arc but I could certainly see it.

3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I find it far-fetched.
    Pretending to hate each other seems just pointless, even assuming he sides with the rebels. Also, they'd include their daughter in their farse? It all sounds too convoluted.

I think he is just a genuine prick and that's pretty much it.
    Good people marry jerks all the time. Nothing surprising there.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's definitely convoluted but in a series where we have painstakingly been shown a ruthless, joyless rebel don a wig and practice his smiling in a mirror and who uses his wife (?) as a cashier as a front, I just wouldn't be surprised. Luthen and Mon are obviously reading the same playbook so her living a complete farce of a life as a cover would not be far too much of a curveball.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't think it's far-fetched. I've considered it myself. But I think it's unlikely, because the drama for Mothma's character is stronger if she's facing such opposition at home. The potential for her to be betrayed by her own family brings a lot of tension to the story.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope no dark times ahead for Ledah Mon Mothma's daughter. Hope she still alive and works eith har mom in her new goverment post ROTJ.

7. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    That and the fact that they're already plenty distrustful of him as it is, so the last thing they need is a reason to question his commitment going into a life-or-death scenario. People will sacrifice themselves if necessary for a cause they believe in, but if they're just in it for the money well, "what good is a reward if you ain't around to use it?".

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Nothing to worry about! Lieda Mothma will survive the series and in the future will move to Hosnian Prime with her husband and three kids where nothing horrible ever hap-BOOOOMMM!!!!

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I like to think she is with her mother on Chandrilla and she is a senator on chandrilla. Her kids lives on with their Grandmother's legacy.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I enjoy Disney program Andor and recommend it to all American friends.

Swashbucklingjedi and TadoFett like this.
  11. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I gave this episode a 10/10. About halfway through the series, we have an excellent amount of dialog, exposition, character development and world-building, and an almost total lack of "action" sequences, and that's exactly what is needed to carry the narrative along in subsequent episodes. I love it! It will make all subsequent episodes that much more meaningful, understandable, and relevant. Next week's Dinner party, and the escape through the "Eye" will be that much more exciting. Just my opinion.

12. DarthPivot

DarthPivot Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2016
    Uncle Harlo = ?

13. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    I never said she was joining them, that scene actually felt genuine between Mon Mothma and her daughter. Although they could potentially have her in on it too. If Mon Mothma isn’t safe the her family wouldn’t be either. Having her play along too would help keep her safe. But I feel that one isn’t the case. Right now I’d be about 90% sure her daughter is just an angry kid but I’m about 60/40 on the husband. He’s probably just a prick but there could be something more there.

14. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    This show is way too mumbly. I thought Tenet was mumbly, but this show is making me think I need to book myself a hearing test. Apart from that i quite like it.

They're starting overplay the blue milk schtick though.

15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    More of a yellow milk person?

16. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    Another excellent episode. Nemik has become one of my favorite characters in Star Wars. I really loved the scene where he’s talking political philosophy with Andor. I really hope nothing bad happens to him in the next episode!

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    He is the one person entirely accepting of Andor. We can count on his body being a bridge to Andor's deeper commitment and sense of loss.

18. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    Nemik looks to be the youngest and was the first one to fully accept Andor in the group and almost right from the beginning. I had a feeling at that point he would be the first to go and that’ll give Andor a big push from being a hired gun into a full blown Rebel. He probably won’t make it past the next episode.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I wish it were not so. But I am wholly convinced of it being so.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    He kinda reminds me of Mouse from The Matrix.

21. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    Oh yeah, just a bit more intellectual.

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  22. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    His death will be what causes Cassian to read this young guy's manifesto - or whatever it was. IMO, it will be one of the key things that will open up Cassian's mind and embrace what the Rebellion is trying to achieve. I think in some respects, it will align with Cassian's thoughts and moral views. Just a guess based off the scenes so far - and I still think Cassian will be forced into a position where he will have to take off without the young guy.

23. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    Nemik is perfectly healthy and yet the only thing that we know for sure is going to happen next episode is that he’s going to die.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  24. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    It could work out for Syril if Uncle Harlo is connected to an illegitimate bounty hunters guild. Dedra could then hire him to go on missions that are not sanctioned by the Imperial Security Bureau.

General Mills made The Mandalorian cereal. They also make Cocoa Puffs. I can't see why they couldn't make a chocolate mint puff cereal. Mint and/or cocoa cereal.

25. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Loving this show so far. However, I can see how it could really test the patience of those who aren't fully invested yet. I've watched all the SW live action episodes with my wife since Mando ep1, but this was the first ep where she spent most of it playing on her phone - not a good sign! I don't think the mumbly dialogue helps - I'm resisting putting subtitles on the screen!

While this episode had some interesting scenes that added to the world-building and the character development, some of them did feel like deleted scenes and that if we'd skipped this episode and gone straight to ep 6 whether anyone would have noticed?

I've scored the previous eps 10s and 9s, but this for me is 8/10 - still great, far from boring, but it's the first time I felt the show didn't quite hit the mark and was dragging its heels in places.

Sarge likes this.