main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.09 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 1, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 9, 2022.
  1. 10

28.2%
  2. 9

40.0%
  3. 8

17.6%
  4. 7

9.4%
  5. 6

4.7%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JeeediMoriah

JeeediMoriah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    :confused:

[face_rofl]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  2. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave it 8/10.

For me, the Bix parts made it. Those were pretty intense scenes and it was awful how they tortured her. She is a cool character & I HOPE we see more of her in future eps.

The story with Mon seems to start and stop. I think some episodes have developed where she's headed but some are slow. This was a mix. I really liked seeing her in the Senate. It had a real ROTS feel to it. However later it seems the networking is iffy in its interest.

Cassian really killed it here and I can't wait for next week! We really see how the prison works more in its different sections and how its managed. That's interesting. I really do hope the jailbreak episode is epic.

3. army4strong

army4strong Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2020
    Excactly!
    It has that old EU novel vibe going for it.
    The writing has layers,text and subtext and subtext to the subtext and its masterfully woven.
    This is what I wanted from Star Wars all along.

I get some might not like it out of sheer dopamine withdrawal.

4. army4strong

army4strong Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2020
    I think his path leads to the rebellion one way or the other,wich might be the undoing of Dedre.

I think the show are showcasing multiple ways various people end up rebelling against the empire..at what point do you reach the point of resisting the fascist state that has evolved out of the Republic.

Arguably,in true augustian fashion..the republic existed in name only shortly after Palpatine was elected into office.

The republic fighting in the clone wars was the empire in all but name.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I agree. I like how the Force Unleashed showed Vader and Palpatine accidentally kick-starting the Rebellion. So, this show may be doing a less rushed and slower version of that. It'll be interesting to see.

When it comes down to it, I have a lot of sympathy for Cassian, Vel, Mothma, and pretty much all the Rebels. I may have varying degrees of sympathy or, you know, how much agree with them. Right now, I agree with Vel, Bix, and Mothma about 80% or 90%, and with Cassian, I mainly sympathize with him due to his past. I don't get agree with him over 50%, but a lot of that is based on how I admired him for going along with Jyn's plan to avenge her dad in R1. I really like how Jyn has a relatable and human motivation, and a secular understanding of the Force.

Most of this is based on the secular world that is quite reminiscent of 1990s EU, even though it's trying to do its own thing. I did enjoy 2000s and 2010s EU while it lasted, but I believe they became a bit too obsessed with the Jedi and Sith. They didn't make either faction grey enough, with some exceptions. This, however, is all about the drama and the sociology of the galaxy, and it's something else.

I mean, I don't know what Andy Serkis' character did to get himself in jail, but I have a lot of empathy for the guy now. He seemed like a thoughtless bully at first, but he seems like a dude who regrets some things and doesn't want him or his pals to pass away. Very human motivation. And the intriguing thing is that Cassian is the refugee who gets mixed up in this or that. He realizes that the galaxy needs to be liberated from this bizarre, de-humanizing, destructive totalitarian regime, and that's what's great about the series in general, too. It's hard not to respect Cassian's guts, since most geeks like me wouldn't be that adept at surviving on our own.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    army4strong likes this.
  6. army4strong

army4strong Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2020

Serkis told his backstory in one of these fan table interviews.

[SPOILER="He was a labour leader that ran afoul of the empire while organizing a strike[/SPOILER]

I think I am pretty much where you are on the characters,maybe a little higher a percentage on Andor..because I can relate to his life circumstances in many ways and was also pulled out of my comfort zone by dramatic sudden developements in my life more than once.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    That's pretty cool. I like how Serkis manages to bring weight to roles that are small or large, regardless of how they're written. He kind of reminds me of Hayden Christensen and Josh Brolin in that way.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I've finally caught up to the last episode where I'm able to cast a vote. I gave this one an 8/10.

So we see (or at least get the idea) of Meera and the ISB interrogating Bix. Before the strange listening device was introduced, I was fully expecting the torture droid to float into the room. We see Mon Mothma addressing the Senate again; seems the majority are brainwashed by the Empire at this point. Later on Vel is revealed as Mothma's cousin. Looks like Vel is more than meets the eye. In prison, a rumor is circulating that another shift has been fried. Initially Supervisor Golum is apprehensive about believing it, but after he meets up with the doctor, he changes his tone. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for something to give between Syril and his mother. There has to be some particular reason why we should care about their relationship.

9. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I’m pretty certain we’ve found the most disturbed individual in the Empire…and that’s saying something. It takes a special person to want to use the desperate screams of dying infants to fry someone’s brain.

[​IMG]

10. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I'm sure they're all, you thought that was bad, we cam outdo it.