main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.11 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 15, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 23, 2022.
  1. 10

15.5%
  2. 9

32.1%
  3. 8

32.1%
  4. 7

13.1%
  5. 6

1.2%
  6. 5

3.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.4%
  1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If you have nothing nice to say better say nothing at all -TtJ

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2022
  2. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    Having a bad day are we?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2022
  3. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Not to mention that everyone in the know who reads the notice immediately knows that it is about Cassian.

4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    As someone who's generally Easter Egg averse, I must admit I let out a yelp seeing the quadjumper.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I love that this time, the two people running get to fly in it.

my kind of scum likes this.
  6. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    9/10 for me.

I find this series so enthralling, all the plot lines/characters arcs they have going and yet they all flow together so seamlessly. I hate when the episode credits start rolling because I have to wait another week to see more.

The B scenes were so moving and emotional but I also enjoyed Cassian's reaction upon hearing the news. I don't think her death was faked because it would so undermine all this emotional upheaval as a response. Besides, they did remove a body from the home and if they did fake it while being under surveillance by Cinta and Imperials and lords know who else possibly, then wow, who needs Cassian as a spy then?!

Yes, I want a lego Luthen ship right now, that sequence was awesome. The look of utter dismay on that Imperial captain's face was priceless.

Mon's scenes are equally as riveting, rebellions aren't cheap and the very personal price she may end paying here to support is high indeed and only adds to her characterization IMHO.

Any scene and/or time with Saw is a wonderful bonus. And such a delicious choice indeed. His response was chilling, "Let's call it...war"

Riv_Shiel, Jedi Daniel and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I haven't read the entire thread but did Luthen's escape scene remind anyone else of Fury escaping in The Winter Soldier?

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh yeah! Wait. I never saw that movie.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It is interesting how the nobody's character is the wild card character.. Syril who is so perfectly the Imperial citizen Tech and Echo pondered in "Cut and Run". A cog in the wheel, a demoted regular jackoff whose character just seems to be there disconnected,

Syril is at his lowest point and somewhat inept like Darkwing Duck trying make a comeback. Only he never really was a crusader for justice but in his mind. Stealing from his mother is like a bad version of either a vigilante hero origin story or the part where the vigilante returns. I bet he's thinking as he takes his mother's stash, "You and Uncle Harlow can shove it up your asses." Forgetting that last time Cassian whooped his ass and spared him when Luthen was going to shoot him in the head. Only Syril is going to end up in the middle of like 11 different pursuers waiting for Cassian to come to his mother's funeral. Just conveniently enough to be able to identify Luthen to Dedra and the ISB. That'll probably be it for Syril. Would be funny if Syril gets rewarded with a prison sentence if he isn't dead by the end of the next episode. Could really play around with Syril ending up with a few of the previous prisoners who have been recaptured and transferred to another facility. See what Syril thinks then.

What's more, Obviously, Mothma's money laundering covering and even worse the arranged marriage are chained down to be all for nothing. But Syril in a roundabout way simply because he can identify Axis. And Luthen's ship has been IDed. Creates a trail for the ISB to follow to Mothma. She already clearly has a couple spied watching her. It really shouldn't take that much to figure it out. In the previous episode seemed like Kino was the embodiment of Luthen's speech about sacrifice. But it's really Mothma's character arc that is going to do that.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    CampOfSorgan likes this.
  10. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    9/10. My second favourite episode of the show behind 'The Eye'. Luthen's escape was awesome to watch. That interesting shaped Cruiser was Cantwell class too, nice nod to Colin Cantwell. Nice to see Saw back too :)

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I was also thinking that if the ISB identifies Luthen then it should be only a matter of time before they discover Mon Mothma. That makes me think that maybe only one or two people will ID Luthen and those people will die before they can let others know Axis's identity.

The ISB doesn't know what Luthen looks like so presumably if Karn isn't there to ID his voice and confirm Luthen's ID to Dedra then even if Dedra see's Luthen she won't know who he is. If Dedra see's Luthen talking to Cassian on Ferrix she'll have reason to suspect that the man talking to Cassian is Luthen but they won't know for sure unless they capture and torture him I suppose, unless Cassian blurts out, "Luthen! It's you!"

At the same time if they ID Luthen and Luthen's antique shop does have records of all of their customers I would imagine Kleya would delete that info to protect all the customers and then maybe Kleya or Vel will kill Mon's driver who's been spying on her. Would that really sever Mon's connection to Luthen? Eh, probably not but I'm expecting a matter of handwaving to explain how/why identifying Luthen doesn't quickly lead right back to Mon. I haven't see the Star Wars cartoons but it's my understanding that something happens in those cartoons that gives Mon plot armor when it comes to when and how she's outed as a rebel.

12. Crimson_Guard975

Crimson_Guard975 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 17, 2014
    I'd compare Syril to Starscream from Transformers; the guy who sees himself as an underdog that could do great things if his station were a little higher, but he overestimates his talents, and his ambitions are such a poorly kept secret that he's become "the friend nobody likes".

[​IMG]
    "Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Mr. Karn."

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    Seerow and CampOfSorgan like this.
  13. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Kind of felt like a note to No Country for Old Men, or any number of other movies where things are hidden inconspicuously in a vent, so I was fine with it.

It's the flip of him being arrested for doing nothing. My only problem with it was I had trouble making out what those dudes were saying. (And as an aside, I always have a bit of trouble with "oh, they just flew away," especially when we see evidence of patrols and the like, but then the sky is a big place and space is much bigger.)

14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Two Tubes!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Just rewatched this episode for the 3rd time. I love that ending scene. So beautiful, so sad. The music, the scenery.

I think this ep is my favorite of the series so far.

Ody_Mandrell and my kind of scum like this.