main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 7, 2022.

1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Disney know EXACTLY what they are doing.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Cassian one personal mission find his sister this season.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm already ready for Deputy Inspector Careeradvancement to be shot in the face. I hope his superior does it

4. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    LOVING this so far. Easily the best live action star wars in years and years. Wow wow wow. The production design and the writing alone are so superiod to anything we have recieved lately this is just awesome.

Really hope it keeps up at this level, so far it was exactly as advertised I loved every minute of it. More of this please.

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Is he going to be the equivalent of an early level boss in a video game? Someone Cassian kills off in becoming all in with the Rebels? Or is that guy going to be dogging Cassian through the entire series? Even if the Coprate Sector fires him he keeps going on his own.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh he is definitely the character who will be missing both legs and one eye who is still crawling after Andor screaming that he's under arrest. He'll be down to a set of chattering teeth, biting Cassian's ankle.

7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm sure he's going to enlist in the imperial military after this.

ClumsyDentist and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So I guess Cassian was kidnapped as a kid. Not ideal. Although it seems his only family back in the tribe was his sister.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    As he went through the seedy town an Alien Of The Night says "Oo-puh" like the droid assisting in Anakin's birth in ROTS. I assume then it means "Come on" or "Come here".

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Can't watch until dinner time tonight. Can't wait!

11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Some of his adult friends may also be from his home world / tribe. Like they go back and get more out.

Here’s a question. Is it possible that ship was carrying an illegal bio weapon or chemical weapon. Something the republic might send an off the books cleanup crew to eliminate any witnesses and makes disappear. Even then maybe the weapon is detonated ruining the planet. A mining disaster is the coverup.

Whatever it is, I think more is going on
    with Cassians home world that we know yet.

whostheBossk and Foreign32567 like this.
  12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Unless there's an ulterior motive he was taken for his own good to save his life. Although that part of the story seems to have kicked off some heated discussions.

13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Very good start to this series and it's clear why the first three episodes were released together since they felt like one full arc. At the same time, it definitely only feels like the end of Act 1, but there's enough good character texture to merit the patience. Tony Gilroy's writing is clearly the MVP here. The nitty gritty details of it reminded me just how much of the rest of Star Wars is intentionally broad strokes in terms of character and plotting, including all the other series we've seen to date, whether live action or animated. And even though Rogue One prided itself on telling stories of regular people, it found them caught up in a larger than life adventure, whereas this has had the mundanity of everyday people and their small victories or personal failures.

My one real issue here is probably the flashback intercutting, which wasn't exactly a true flaw, and tied in nicely to the end of the third episode, but I think it could have built more on Cassian's relationship with his sister as well as Maarva. It's the only broad stroke so far that's felt just a bit out of place with everything else.

14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    That's a clever 'retcon'. According to the Rogue One Visual guide, Cassian was from Fest. We learn from this show he wasn't, but Fest is kept as his fake homeworld as a cover identity.

15. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    The savvy sergeant and incompetent lieutenant is a very common trope in military movies; here is was done perfectly. Yeah, can't wait to see the aftermath of his report to the Chief Inspector.

The Fiona Shaw character is listed as Maarva Andor. Apparently Kassa took her last name.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  16. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    "Kenari" as the name of a mining planet where everyone died, presumably in relation to an incident with poisonous gas, is peak Star Wars.

17. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree that this seems possible. And maybe a man in charge of this operation during the war will happen to be a high ranking ISB agent in the present, maybe Anton Lesser's character.

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Not a fan AT ALL of the lack of titles for the episodes in this show. It was alright in Kenobi (even though they could still have titles for the various parts) because it felt like a 5 hour movie as opposed to a series, but for Andor that's just not possible. Minor complaint, but it really bothers me. There is nothing more boring than having all the episodes in this show referred to as a simple number.

Off to watch Episode 2 now.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    The man she is with in the spaceship is probably the ‘father’ of Cassian who is executed.

20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Loved it so far. Great characters, great interactions, even between minor characters.

It also helps that the character-motivations all work well. From the chief investigator who doesn't want the trouble, to the junior officer driven by what he considers to be just cause, the sergeant who is a stickler for authority, the number of different security guards who kind of don't want to waste so much effort on something they think is useless, or even the jealous boyfriend.

There are a ton of misunderstandings and escalations in there that are kind of infuriating from an outside perspective, yet perfectly logical from each person's point of view.

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Those two could make a good team. The lieutenant did his detective work well. So he’s not totally incompetent since he got results. He just should have left the case totally alone. And he was in over his head with the actual field work.

The Sergeant is hungry for any opportunity to get into some action. I doubt he’d have the patience let alone clearance to do the detective work. But he knows how to bust heads and he seems to know how to handle himself / keep his cool in a combat situation.

They definitely underestimated their opponents. Not sure if they went in without enough force or just deployed it wrong. Should have been more stealth.

That’s where they’re teaming up could work. The Sargent is a blunt weapon. With a little planning and his feet under him the lieutenant could steer his troops to more covert victory.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If it helps, the first episode is known as "the first episode" or "episode 1". You have been able to identify the properly labeled "Episode 2" in order to pop off to watch it. The episode known as "3" will be just as easy to locate.

23. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    It's not a problem of locating the episodes, it's a problem of not being able to look back at them with love :p
    My degree on Applied Sciences has made it possible for me to be able to count at least up to 20.

24. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The first three episodes have Kickstarted a revolution of SW tv and not just a Rebellion. It will take some getting used to but with the way the story is going and being executed, how can you not be excited for how it plays out? I'm sure the little tidbits or greebles of cool easter eggs will be presented soon enough. I could use a little more SW feel but I can see it and know it's there for now.

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    'Clem'.