main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    I speculated in another thread that when Kylo was readying to kill Snoke, Snoke already knew that he was going to do that, obviously, and somehow Force Transfered himself into Rey's body. You can see a moment where Snoke closes his eyes for a few moments. That's also possible. Or maybe before when he reached out to Rey with Force Powers.Kylo's mind was an open book to Snoke, nothing he could think was beyond Snoke knowing, so it's obvious he also could read he would betray Snoke for Rey.Given it's been stated the Visual Dictionary says no one even knows what Snoke looks like, not even those close to him or interact with him. It's an appearance/visage. Also, the body Snoke was in, could just be a vessel, and the entity leaps from body to body.

Or, Snoke really is dead, and all this is one big red herring yet again to make us speculate for two years to no avail. *thumbs down*

Include working title for IX is Black Diamond (like the one Snoke wore).

This video also supports that theory....

rebelknight1 likes this.
  2. EzraSnoke

Jan 25, 2017
    Snoke transferring his mind into Rey’s body would be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen.

———-

You literally just saw Leia Mary Poppins thru space and Luke project a hologram and Snoke bridge two peoples minds and realities.

Put it this way, if a fan had posted a fan fiction story for ep8 two years ago that literally read like TLJ, everyone would’ve chuckled and said he was on crack.

Disney has shown in ep8 that ANYTHING is possible now.

3. msumforce

msumforce Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2017
    Darkslayer, RKR and EzraSnoke like this.
  4. Gen Rendar

Gen Rendar Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    I think the intent was for Snoke to just be dead. However, on idea did cross my mind later in the movie. Luke points out to Kylo that he will always be with him if he strikes him down, he also says Han would be. Was this perhaps a way to imply Snoke will also be with Kylo and haunt him from within? It doesn't really fit what we have known in the past, but that seems to be the type of pattern we are seeing.

rebelknight1 and EzraSnoke like this.
  5. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I actually would not be surprised by this. They seemed to have thumb their noses at us in regards to our expectations of Luke, Rey's origins, Finn and Rey ship, Phasma etc.

6. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003

Good theories, I hope we get something similar.

RKR likes this.
  7. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    Kylo as the main antagonist is pretty laughable. Dude is clearly not ready.

8. EzraSnoke

Jan 25, 2017
    Sorry to be posting some videos from around youtube. But this one makes a good point confirming why Snoke is Plagueis.

Also, how JJ has said episode IX will tie all three trilogies together, and the only thing from the PT that could tie in now is Plagueis.

Darkslayer and rebelknight1 like this.
  9. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Really stupid click bait article. He’s not a Sith. The Sith are no more.

10. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Snoke is Snoke. I hope we'll have some backstory soon. Obviously not in the ST since he was merely here to serve Kylo Ren's character. If he came back that would undermine what his students achieved. But im still curious about him...i suppose we'll.soon know if Serkis is involved with ep9, although i doubt he is.

I still think he comes from the unknown regions, but now it's very unlikely that he's the source of the dark side or some very important founder of some old cult..the storygroup wont reveal such an ultimate villain if he's merely a tool for the story and already gone (which IMO was very bold and interesting even with the frustration it creates. But story is more important than lore)

11. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I don't think that it's a click bait situation since the fact that he had one other apprentice comes from the fact that it's from an LF official guide. You don't just put that in there unless you want people to notice it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/snoke-apprentice/

rebelknight1 likes this.
  12. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    Kylo did what his grandpa took 6 movies to do :p

13. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    As the official site now describes him as a "seeker of arcane lore", I'd now tend towards the idea that he sought out the same 'source of the dark side' that Palpatine did, which means that we have an unrevealed dark side nexus in the Unknown Regions. Whether this is something to be explored in the movies, or books, etc. I'm not sure.

14. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Does anyone have the direct quote from the original article (re: Snoke's "other apprentice")?

I remember the idea about Snoke was that he's trained a lot of people over time and tends to find them all disappointing at some point and discards them. But there wasn't any clarification on what "discard" means. (I think all this was from the AB interview of AS in EW.)

Anyway it's not clear to me if it's just mentioning how Snoke has trained others before, or if it's providing new information that there is one apprentice in particular Snoke has trained who is still out there somewhere.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  15. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Page 58 of Star Wars The Souviner guide
    It's interesting that they say just 1 rather than more than one.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. msumforce

msumforce Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2017
    Is Snoke's name an acronym? Sith No One Knew Existed?

Why is it called the "First Order?" Is it because that Snoke maybe is one of the Prime Jedi? He's a first of the order? Hence, the First Order?

17. msumforce

msumforce Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2017
    Here is the Dialogue from that scene:

Kylo Ren: “I know what I have to do”

Snoke: “You think you can turn him. Pathetic Child. I cannot be betrayed. I cannot be beaten. I see his mind. I see his every intent. Yes. I see him turning the lightsaber to strike true. And now, foolish child, he ignites it and kills his true enemy.”

He doesn't turn the lightsaber he is holding towards Rey. The only lightsaber which is turning is the one on Snoke's side. Why would Snoke call Rey, Kylo's true enemy? That makes no sense.... Snoke clearly knows Kylo Ren is going to strike HIM down, not Rey. I think Snoke will definitely be returning in Episode 9.

18. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Interesting.

He still could be that source. We’ve seen in TLJ and perhaps Aftermath how powerful his telepathy can be.

19. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    This would be an interesting direction to follow: Snoke willing Ren to strike him down to become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, then returning to wreak havoc. I like it, but have to say this wasn't the reaction on Snoke's face, which was surprise.

Sadly I don't think we'll find anything else about him. That is a real shame if that's how it plays out.

Darkslayer and Darth Caliban like this.
  20. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Well, Snoke’s possible apprentice could be dead. Maybe Ben killed him. Then again, I think the KoR would be his apprentices.

21. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I think he's gone......I hope he is too.....I think the idea of killing him off was to a) shock and surprise audiances and B) to make Kylo the "main" Antagonist.....which I loved, I hope JJ doesn't undermine that by somehow bringing Snoke back

22. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015
    What?.... Why wouldn't Rey be his True Enemy? She defeated him, left him embarrassed and ashamed, she was standing in his way on his path to the Dark Side, that whole dialogue was meant to seem like Snoke "thinks it's Rey" but all of it can be interpreted to be him......Snoke berates Kylo, puts him down, lead him to corruption and now stands in his way to Ultimate Power.......It was Clever, I liked it.......I'm 99% sure Snoke will not be returning....I sincerly hope not, it will render one of the best scenes in Star Wars pretty pointless for the Saga.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  23. EzraSnoke

Jan 25, 2017
    He loves Rey. She's defeated him, caused him grief, but he's still trying to lure Rey to join him in matrimony and to rule the galaxy AFTER he kills Snoke. So from Kylo's pov, she isn't his "true enemy", but a love interest.

KSennia and Darkslayer like this.
  24. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015
    Exactly but from Snoke's PoV she is his worst enemy, Snoke was to arrogant to believe it could have been him Kylo considers his true enemy

Darkslayer and EzraSnoke like this.
  25. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    The few times they zoomed in on Snoke, cut in half..they also zoomed in on his face...which looked to me like his eyes were moving..facial movement..etc to show that he isnt dead. we saw him cut in two...why go in for a facial shot a scene later. It makes the most sense that Snoke is Pleaguis..we have already been told by palpatine..or sidious, that his master could defy death. Just as palpatine is sidious, snoke is pleaguis. He will be alive in IX....and all of this will according to his grand super master plan....
    i still believe that Kylo is a deep undercover double agent. So many times we are explicitly shown his conflict between light and dark. Asking his own father to help him be able to have the strength to 'look' bad by killing him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.