main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    That is really bad. Such a rip off of TESB.

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    It's frickin' great. ^:)^ =D= Love it.

Art's a little odd though, shouldn't Snoke be quite a bit taller than that? He'd be shorter than Chewbacca in that comic.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    That and they have him walking around a swamp in his best throne room gown. The art work is not good at all, even the front cover looks bad.

4. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Edit.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  5. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    "If I had your uncle by my side instead of you, the galaxy would have been mine a long time ago." - Snoke

[face_laugh]

burg2774 likes this.
  6. HostofJakku

HostofJakku Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 18, 2016
    It does look ridiculous with snoke wearing a bath robe in the swamp, but it makes me think about the rumor that snoke was a force projection.

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I wonder if that implies Snoke tried to manipulate Luke in the past?

Darth Caliban likes this.
  8. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    It does sound from TFA like they could have met. Leia & Han seem to be aware of him on maybe a more personal level than just abstract "leader of the First Order".

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  9. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I've always thought that Snoke might've first appeared to Luke disguised as an Old Jedi master kind of like Joruus C'baoth in Heir to the Empire.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Gotta love Snoke and his humor. :p

11. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I like his different viewpoint to Palps

12. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Can't really call it a rip off when it is a direct reference.
    No one is gonna read this and not be reminded of Luke's almost opposite trial.
    Kind of interesting reading a dark side perspective on the cave vision.
    Even if a little corny.

Luke brought his flaws with him into the cave and faced what he feared because he was looking for a fight.
    Snoke describes that Kylo would see what he brought as well, but alternatively he is encouraged to fight it directly, "kill the past" rather than reflect on it and rise above it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah he has different viewpoints and thoughts. Unlike Palpatine, he both respected and feared him. I hope we learn more of him in episode ix. Hopefully this comic goes little deep into him like the other characters.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  14. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    Pretty sure one of the books said Snoke (Palps imo) had met Luke briefly one time and suggested he should start up the Jedi order again.

Palps read Luke's mind in Ep 6 (book) taunting him that Yoda was gone and he was alone now or words to that effect and that would explain him knowing where that cave was as Snoke.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Jcuk likes this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Well now we know more about Snoke's teaching methods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's an emphasis on his ring which also cam from catacombs beneath Vader's castle on Mustafar. Also I like how the ending foreshadows his death in TLJ. He also has a tendency to get more physical when he wants to, has some kind of veneration for Luke while he's more fearful in the movies. I don't think Snoke is Palpatine or manipulated by him. I think Snoke is just Snoke and so far his whole existence is tied to Kylo, hence why I felt it was more of a Kylo comic than Snoke.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  16. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Love the dialogue there.

He's like geriatric John Kreese with Liberace's dress sense. :p

"You cannot pretend to be Vader in this place" is rad. His philosophy teachings are pretty damn Sith to not be Sith though, one nitpick I've always had. Would have been nice to have just something very simple/basic breaking him from that on screen, like a second apprentice who bites the dust in TFA, or just some sort of exposition dialogue on a different approach to harnessing the darkside, something.

Still, a minor quibble, love those panels overall despite the wonky art with the scale of Snoke next to Ben. I don't buy the books, but wouldn't mind reading that if it gets put up in digital form someday down the road.

17. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    "Powerless men..." sounds cringy btw with or without context.

18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    What do you want him to say? [face_laugh] "Powerless cis-or-non-binary-gendered-life-form-specimens" like some woke ninny?

Looking way too hard into it.

19. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm still inclined to think Snoke was in league with Palpatine's post-Imperial plans to act as a figurehead before Palpatine's resurrection, but in terms of the character development, he very much exists in service of Kylo.

20. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, wouldn't surprise me to find out Snoke was around in the Imperial days in some of those hush-hush arcane Imperial circles, similar to the clergy guys in Jedi. It'd explain his knowledge, I think I'd prefer that to him actually being from the outer regions of space (especially given that conceptually seems to be where Palpatine's spirit's been holed up for 33 years).

So long as he's not just an avatar body, personally don't really care where they go with it. Plenty of rational options out there as an explanation for Snoke, just hope he's a separate guy being used as a really powerful (yet clueless/unaware) chess piece by Sheev.

21. lawton

May 12, 2015
    That wouldn't explain him defeating countless legions of adversaries in years past that underestimated him and having prior apprentices before Kylo as the books tell us about Snoke's background.

22. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Hm, okay - well that's news to me, can't recall that. Just that he had knowledge of past events and was scarred up during the Civil War (doesn't seem to be any indication if that's the physical stuff or more metaphorically/emotionally).

lawton likes this.
  23. lawton

May 12, 2015
    Its mostly in the TLJ novel - his background given there matches directly with Palps background. For him not to be Palps there would literally have to be 2 Palps like figures that were running around at the same time crushing their enemies. Snoke even thinks about how force visions cant always be trusted and can wind up getting you killed basically if you aren't alert to the present (sound familiar).

24. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Not necessarily. Snoke having "enemies" wouldn't have to be as major/public/galaxy-influencing as Palpatine. Could be something way more clandestine, under the radar.

I do think they may have crossed paths, pre-RotJ, just that Snoke probably wasn't a power-player while Palpatine was still breathing. Palpatine dying was Snoke's window, and he has no clue when he makes his move that Palpatine's still out there and about to just use Snoke to do his dirty work until he's ready to come back on the scene.

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Massive mistake...Snoke says Luke's training began on Dagobah when it began at least 3 years earlier on board the Falcon. Could've began even earlier if there's some retcons in Kenobi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.