main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cut-of-space

cut-of-space Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2017
    I think both Luke Skywalker and Snoke will be back. Powerful light, powerful darkness. JJ is going to toss out TLJ the same way Luke tossed away his lightsaber.

2. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Agreed completely. 2019 can't come any sooner as I am pretty excited and worried of how it all ends. :)

cut-of-space likes this.
  3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    No he isn't. He was absolutely thrilled about the script of TLJ and was disappointed he couldn't shoot it himself, what makes you think he would somehow ignore what happened in that movie?

4. cut-of-space

Nov 29, 2017
    What people say and what they actually feel are two totally different things. He wouldn't be "ignoring" what happened, he would simply be undoing it. We've seen impossible things happen in this universe before, cheating death isn't too much to ask for.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  5. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    Maybe a fight in the nether?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    cut-of-space likes this.
  6. cut-of-space

Nov 29, 2017
    Okay... That would be really fun tbh. I'm on board for this :p

7. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    My concern with JJ is that he starts well with his mystery box stuff, but he tends to be a poor finisher. It's clear that RJ knows how to wrap this trilogy up, I would prefer that he write and direct episode 9 instead of the new trilogy he's working on.

8. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    I might be cool to see Snoke terrorizing Kylo and Rey as well....

9. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    That's cool and all, but Ben doesn't seen a strong enough villain. I mean in terms of threat, not character development, obviously.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They confirmed Snoke is not a Sith.

11. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    If Snoke were to return, it has to be an original idea.

If it happens, perhaps Snoke does not use the same power the Jedi and Sith have been tapping into? If you notice, Snoke's comments in TFA and TLJ, about the Force, are almost from an outside objective point of view. When Kylo and Rey were brought before him, and he was toying with them, he makes the comment: "Darkness rises and light to meet it." I took that to be a little strange. It was either a personal experiment he was running to see how the Force would react to another twisted Skywalker; or something he has previously done in the past. Right on cue, the "Force" responds by equaling the opposing force via Rey. If you think about it, Rey explodes in Force use in TFA after Kylo kills his father Han Solo - ensuring his journey to the darkside was complete.

Thus, Snoke is not a Sith nor the Prime Jedi. He's a user of a different kind of energy. He does seem to own Rey and Kylo pretty well. As if their use of the Force, that we are familiar, was impervious to Snoke?

All that being said, I'm wondering if Snoke needed Rey to die for a more meaningful reason besides having the heart of a Jedi? I think Snoke was going to kill Kylo in his Throne Room either way; whether Kylo killed Rey or not. Han was onto something when he warned his son Snoke only wanted him for his power and would discard him afterward. As if Snoke had something grand planned with the Force's answers in front of him. If they were both killed at once, perhaps Snoke would be able to do something before the "Force" could counter against?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    KSennia and Darkspellmaster like this.
  12. Captaincrunch1967

Captaincrunch1967 Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2017
    He's dead and gone, they didn't do enough with him to bother bringing him back. He was merely there to look somewhat like a threat, and then die to that Kylo would look like a menace.

there's no point in bringing him back, he's basically Phasma with some nifty force powers.

DarthHass likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean Darth Maul did it so why not Snoke? :p

JJ do not do it.

oncafar likes this.
  14. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I'm still wondering if they're going to be pulling from the Vong, cuthulu from the maw and the Sith emperor. It's an easy thing if he body jumps. That may not have bern his body in the first place and he got into Hux.

KSennia and Force Smuggler like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    For anyone who wants Snoke to return can you tell me why and how?

16. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    No they aren't. Abrams had no reason to even comment on the script, but not only did he do so out of his own volition, he absolutely raved about it. This isn't a case of someone being asked about something and giving a polite answer, this is a case of someone being extremely thrilled with the script and telling the world about it.

There is zero to be gained by bringing back Snoke. He was killed off for very specific reasons, to give more room to Kylo Ren and to make sure that the story won't end in a repeat of ROTJ. What possible reason could there be to relegate a main character (Kylo Ren) back to secondary status just so a secondary character could take the spotlight again?

I don't see how that is the case at all. Not everything has to be about facing the strongest and almost unbeatable enemy. Having Ben act completely unhinged and with questionable loyalty from his own officers is far more interesting than getting a cheap repeat of the Emperor. So far, once he got the command, he did nothing Snoke wouldn't have attempted either, just in a far more lunatic way. He doesn't have anywhere near the self-control Snoke had, and that makes him more dangerous both to the enemy and himself.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  17. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Well, I would rather they bring back Palps than Snoke. But I do hope we at least learn a little more about him in 9.

18. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    What about a clone?
    In the new canon force sensitive clones are still a possibility. Timothy Zahn came up with the idea of implanting memories into the minds of clones. Flash Learning, I think he called it...

Or how about if he returns as a force Ghost and battles Luke in the nether? Snoke wasn't a Sith, and as far as I know, the new canon hasn't explicitly ruled out dark side force ghosts.

19. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    I don't see how that is the case at all. Not everything has to be about facing the strongest and almost unbeatable enemy. Having Ben act completely unhinged and with questionable loyalty from his own officers is far more interesting than getting a cheap repeat of the Emperor. So far, once he got the command, he did nothing Snoke wouldn't have attempted either, just in a far more lunatic way. He doesn't have anywhere near the self-control Snoke had, and that makes him more dangerous both to the enemy and himself.[/QUOTE]

That's a fair point.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I’d rather they bring back no dead characters.

21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I almost voted for the Plagueis option, since deep down I still have a (very faint) glimmer of hope for that. But I've all but given up on it, and to still believe that now seems a stretch. IMO it seems they just expect us to forget about him now-and focus on Kylo Ren and Rey, which is why they did away with both Snoke AND Luke in this one; both sides' mentors are now gone. That is the one single thing I REALLY disliked about TLJ-simply cos TFA (and the actors/filmmakers) seem like they made this big deal about him and how mysterious he is and all that, and then they just kill him, without us even learning why he was there in the first place. Perhaps he WILL come back, since he seemed too involved of a character to just...off him without an explanation, and now we're supposed to just...forget about him, just cos Rian Johnson told us to. So, I don't know.

And I don't agree with the argument that we didn't learn more about Palpatine in the OT. Cos HE actually had a more prominent role in the trilogy-and he was involved in what might have been Luke's fate. With Snoke, they could've completely left him out and nothing would've been any different. So it was pointless to have him in there if we either weren't going to learn anything about WHY he's there, or at least have him be more important to the plot (like the emperor was).

I would've preferred not to have to turn to books and comics etc. just to learn literally ANYTHING about him, but...hey...what can I do but resign myself and wait till 2019? [face_dunno]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    KSennia likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think we will only learn more about him in a book or something.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Snoke might not come back, but something will rise because of his death.
    Abeloth? The Yuuzhan Vong? Something else? No idea.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The aftermath trilogy hinted at something. Thrawn was afraid of something in the unknown regions.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought that was hinting at Snoke.

KamNale and TadoFett like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.