main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that was his original intent, but that is never confirmed.

2. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Let's see... Last we saw of him, Snoke was cut in half and his tongue was hanging out on the floor. Looked pretty #%$&?! dead to me.

3. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Is there any chance that we get the I am the darkside moment in 9?The Snoke dialogue to Rey is very suspicious in my opinion.What if there is something out there almost like sauron in rings that reveils itself?Maybe these thoughts are mumbo jumbo,but I wonder.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Are you refering to the I am the senate scene?

5. Marathonjedi77

Nov 2, 2012

Just a crazy thought on a dark side user that is basically the force version of the devil.Someone who all along from the beginning has been manipulating people to bring darkness to the galaxy,but has failed.

6. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I hope not. I'd rather not have a repeat of The X-Files Season 11 premiere, where we find out TLJ was just a seizure that Luke had after Ep7.

7. Marathonjedi77

Nov 2, 2012
    What is going to tie all 3 trilogies together?Is Kylo the big bad in 9 that brings all 9 movies together?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That sounds like Lost.

HankSolo likes this.
  9. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    My concerns may have already been answered elsewhere but, I'm sure he will be back given the final scene in which Rey boards the Falcon. If Snoke claimed to have bridged Rey and Kylo's minds, how were they bridged again after the throne scene? That's what I'm basing my opinion on.

Jamtia likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Bridge could have been made by Kylo.

11. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    It seems like all of the really cool and interesting stuff in the prequel trilogy happens off screen.
    I’m up for a Snoke book, (not a comic) but I really do wish Episode 9 can give us something more.

I still don’t fully understand the relationship between the First Order and the Resistance; how they both came to be. And yes, I have read the rather bland Bloodlines novel.

12. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    “Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them.” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

13. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    That’s what I like to know

14. Dragon Jedi

Dragon Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2018
    I think the bridge existed since Rey was born, as intended by JJ as he mention the red thread beacuse this is how a red thread works.

1) In the film AND in the books Kylo literally freaks out when he hears about "a girl", BEFORE he talkes to Snoke about the "awakening in the Force".
    2) In the books Rey recognised Kylo from her "nightmare or daydream".
    3) In the TFA script in the interrogation scene it is written that "they react to a feeling that passes between them -- AN ENERGY THEY RECOGNIZE IN EACH OTHER."
    I believe they were already bridged when they met on the forest in Takodana. The bond simply "awoke" when they entered each other's mind and acknowledged it.
    Snoke felt it and took credit for it. I believe he manipulated Kylo's conflicted feelings (he said so), so they they were more evident to Rey, to lure her to him, playing with her innate compassion. It was his last deception/manipulation to turn something clearly meaningful for both into something "tarnished", "corrupted", sure that Kylo would have reacted badly to that (as he did but not as Snoke expected, or perhaps yes?)
    Still have a feeling that the throne room was a masterplan from Snoke.

So, with both Snoke dead or alive, the bond is up and running.

But we need a villain in the story. Hux is a good candidate.
    Kylo is not the villain, he wasn't meant to be as JJ pointed out, he's Rey's other half. Until his eyes turn creepy yellow/red as Anakin's, I'd say there's good hope he'll try whatever he can to be as bad as Vader, as murderous as Snoke and fail miserably.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The one time we saw blood.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Skywalker , but snoke no.

18. Darth Gummybear

Darth Gummybear Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2016
    JJ is not going to toss out Ep. 8/TLJ. He was executive producer of Ep. 8, said he loved the script and wished he could direct it. There has been talk that JJ actually plans to move more in the direction that Rian went.

JJ already played it very safe with Ep. 7 and is well aware of the rehash claims thrown his way. He is likely to want to go bold as well, now that he has another chance.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  19. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Shut it you old wizard. :) If Snoke died the way the Emperor died, then sure, maybe he could come back. But unless Episode IX introduces dark side Force ghosts for the first time, or he got put together immediately after he got cut in half, a la Darth Maul, the dude is deader than dead.

20. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    The Darth Maul thing is ridiculous. He was cut in half and fell hundreds of feet to his death. The. Somehow his body was picked up by someone who did not identify him as a living humanoid and then packed him on a garbage ship.
    Even if we assume the Naboo didn’t recycle and instead shipped their trash offworld, how long would it have taken for the garbage ship to reach the junk planet? How many days?
    Meanwhile Maul is just chilling.
    Then when he arrives on the trashworld, he manages to create a spider butt for himself with no tools or medical assistance.

I think the most likely way we’ll see Skoke again is as a force ghost.

Btw, can someone tell me, didSnoke really reach agross the galaxy and assult Hux?

Darth Gummybear likes this.
  21. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    =D= for my 7 fellow Plagueis loyalists

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Pretty sure that second shot existed just to tell the audience that he was totally dead.

23. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    How do people feel about dark side force ghosts?

24. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Anakin / Vader's legacy seems to be the glue that will tie it all up. How deeply they go into that, who knows at this point, but it seems clear that the Chosen One's legacy - his bloodline, and his importance to balance, and the light and dark sides of the Force - are the big ideas in play. Kylo has a particular view of his Grandfather and his destiny that differs from that of Luke and Leia.

I'm assuming that JJ will want to expand upon elements from Kylo's confessional scene with Vader's helmet in TFA, "Show me again. The power of the darkness. And I will let nothing stand in our way. Show me Grandfather, and I will finish what you started", in context with the glimpse we get into his vision of the future in TLJ , "It's time to let old things die. Snoke... Skywalker... the Sith... the Jedi... the rebels. Rey... I want you to join me. We can rule together and bring a new order to the galaxy." Here, Kylo's reading of Anakin/ Vader's destiny seems to have expanded beyond both that of the prophecy (destroying the Sith ), and that of Palpatine ( destroying the Jedi ), to incorporate both destinies - sweeping away both traditions in order to usher in something new.

25. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    I’m not sure JJ is that deep into SW mythology. I forsee a far simpler conclusion to the story unfortunately.

KSennia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.