main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    There's just no reason for the main villain to always be subservient to a secondary character. Kylo Ren is the main antagonist. Not Snoke. "Main" as is the one the story focuses on, not "main" as in strongest.

Vader is the villain most fans gravitate to instantly. He'll win virtually any villain poll. Yet he was turned into a pathetic character afraid to oppose Palpatine in ROTJ.

Luke rejects Vader's offer, not showing the slightest interest in joining Vader and counteroffers by giving Vader an offer to come with him, to which Vader says "it is too late for me."

Vader's response to Luke is much like Kylo's to Han. "It's too late." Vader was torn, but could not go with Luke because he feared Palpatine. "You don't know the power of the Dark Side. I MUST obey my master."

That was really Palpatine's whole purpose. To be the mastermind that Luke had to compete with to save his father. Vader was conflicted and he had to choose between love for his son and saving him, or giving into fear and siding with Palpatine at the cost of Luke dying.

Kylo Ren already made that choice, and he made a different choice than Vader, opting for the evil route. Not sure how they can keep Kylo under Snoke's influence that same way for three movies.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett and Tython Dawn like this.
  2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I haven't confused rank within the GFFA with which character is central to the story. But I don't think Snoke has to die in VIII.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Sorry. I didn't mean to imply thar you did, but I wanted to preemptively clarify what I meant before someone came along with the stance that Snoke is the main villain due to him controlling the First Order.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.