main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ani/Ami Databank 2.0 - Index and Discussion for A/P Fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ani_and_Ami_index, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Of course, because my computer is really weird and won't let me see images from the image tag, I can't see the button, but I'm sure it looks nice.

I think my favorite Anakin/Padmé stories are those written by Darth_Lex. Of course, I think those are the only ones I've read, so any recommendations would be awesome :)

Oh no, we couldn't do that. I mean more the execution of plot and the fact that there is one. People can think of a wonderful plot, but then the way they write it can make you reel.

The problem with that is basically what you said. In my opinion, as long as you prove the way you're characterizing the character, there is nothing wrong with it. Then again, if it's a ROTS fic and then Anakin suddenly for no reason decides to go pick flowers on Dagobah, you'd need a reason for that, or be considered totally OOC.

Exactly. I think that if we include limitations along those lines, we would be good :)

LJS @};-

2. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Of course, because my computer is really weird and won't let me see images from the image tag, I can't see the button, but I'm sure it looks nice.

Kiss from Genosis. Nice pic of the kiss...

I read Lex's and while they were okay, I wasn't overly in love with them or anything. Yes, they're good. I just...don't know, basically it's taken me 4 months to get even to the ROTJ equivalent and usually when I'm into a fic, I can read a long series like that in a week. And with his, it didn't happen.

Still thinking...hard to say. Let me name two authors who have showed up here, Kim and Gina, who both write brilliantly. And...yeah, I know I like so many, but I can't think of any names or authors...*groan*...

Exactly. I think that if we include limitations along those lines, we would be good

Yes. Definitely.

3. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    I read Lex's and while they were okay, I wasn't overly in love with them or anything. Yes, they're good. I just...don't know, basically it's taken me 4 months to get even to the ROTJ equivalent and usually when I'm into a fic, I can read a long series like that in a week. And with his, it didn't happen.

I've read parts of them here and there, too. Haven't finished though. It's one of those stories you save and remember you have to read when you feel like the whole world of fan fic has gone to hell.

4. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Heh...and yeah. I haven't finished either...don't exactly remember where I am anymore... I think somewhere in the twenties. But yes, when everything has gone to hell, it's something to read...

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I can't really read long, long epic type stories. I don't know if I've read Lex's. geo3 writes a good Padme/Anakin, check out her Ring of Fire. Also anything by Gina, or MissPadme. In fact, MissPadme has a whole thread of vignettes. AnakinsHeir does some really nice ones. I write a few here and there, but have mostly been taken up with Mr. Skywalker here lately. I need to remedy that.

A/P Defenders Thread in Community

Another good site is Moons of Iego and Anakin Skywalker Homepage (<--this site rocks)

6. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Moons of Iego?

Hmm, I don't have that one up on the useful links *makes mental note to put it up*

7. nobodys_angel

nobodys_angel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Coooool.

I don't have a favorite as of yet since I'm just getting my feet wet in the A(V)/P...maybe I should rearrange that so it doesn't look like Alien vs. Predator...hmm...

Anyhoo, I LOVE the romance and angst and all that good stuff and have enjoyed so far turning it and twisting it into my own little piece (or two as it may be)!

*Sits back with her bowl of popcorn and enjoys the show* :D

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    That's Alderaan21's site. She used to be known around here as Lady Aeryn, I believe. She co-wrote by The Grace of Lady Vader and Ascension of the Queen with Jedi Galadriel and ami-padme. Great site!!

9. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    I remember it, just must have forgotten.

Oh, speaking of good V/P fic *points* The Grace of Lady Vader and Ascension of the Queen ... That's some good fic ...

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    You know it. I'm inspired to do some Anakin/Padmé and Anakin/Vader buttons now. Darn it! I told you guys to drag me awaaaaay from Photoshop.

11. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Nope, I've always just been A21 here. ;) Thanks for the TMOI plug! (Oh, and it was just 'Grace' I co-authored... 'Ascension' was Gala and a-p.)
    I've peeked in this thread before but it always looked pretty dead - but if there's A/P discussion going on, you can bet I'll be a part of it. :D

Drawing a blank on any recs right now; I'll have to do some digging.

Oh, and if people keep mentioning Photoshop, I'm going to be tempted to whip stuff up there as well - and I already spend too much time there. :p

12. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi, A21 :D

I've updated the sock's introduction post to announce our new help and the acceptance guidelines added a link to TMOI, too ;)

I'm inspired to do some Anakin/Padmé and Anakin/Vader buttons now. Darn it! I told you guys to drag me awaaaaay from Photoshop.

Buttons, buttons, buttons *bounces* buttons, buttons ...

I've peeked in this thread before but it always looked pretty dead - but if there's A/P discussion going on, you can bet I'll be a part of it.

Hmmm, maybe we should borrow some of them lurker buttons, too :p

13. Ani_and_Ami_index

Ani_and_Ami_index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Added these great fics from March:

Gina
    Title: The Prisoner
    Genre: AU, vignette
    Timeframe: Shortly after ANH
    Summary:

JDH3
    Title: A Moment of Peace
    Genre: Angst/Romance
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Summary: Title pretty much says it all.

MissPadme
    Title: Seeds of the Future
    Genre:
    Timeframe: pre-RotS
    Summary: In the months before the events of ROTS, Padmé discovers she is pregnant. There are references to the Star Wars Obsession comics series among other sources.

Tribun
    Title: The Devil of Byss
    Genre:
    Timeframe: ~4,5 months after ANH
    Summary: This is the sequel to "The Angel of Alderaan." With Anakin the new Emperor now, many things will change in the Empire. But Palpatine had returned from the dead on Byss. And together with Tarkin he will hatch a plan to reclaim what they think as theirs.

VRL64
    Title: Forever and Always
    Genre: vignette
    Timeframe: AOTC missing moment
    Summary: Anakin faces his failures, at least as he sees them.

chaos_pockets
    Title: No Sadder Grie
    Timeframe: post-ANH
    Summary: Lord Vader learns the name of the man who destroyed the Death Star.

pokey1984
    Title: Kidnaping Padme
    Genre: fluff/mush
    Timeframe: AotC
    Summary: Anakin and Padmé are married

The_Jesstar
    Title: What if Anakin had Resisted?
    Genre: AU
    Timeframe: RotS
    Summary:

VaderLVR64
    Title: Beloved Stranger
    Timeframe: post-RotS
    Summary: What if Padme had been able to say good-bye to Darth Vader?

JDH3
    Title: Dreaming of their Future
    Genre: vignette, romance, humor
    Summary: It?s mushy

chaos_pockets
    Title: The Simplest and the Hardest Thing
    Summary: The most selfish thing Padme's ever done is to let herself die.

rhonderoo
    Title: Monuments
    Timeframe: one year post Yavin
    Summary:

Gina
    Title: After You
    Genre: songfic
    Timeframe:
    Summary: Anakin reflects on his feelings for Padmé.

ViariSkywalker
    Title: Bittersweet
    Genre:
    Timeframe: Clone Wars/ROTS
    Summary: Romance, Angst

-PA

14. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Let's see, I definitely second geo and Miss Padme. Great authors, both of them.

I write a few here and there, but have mostly been taken up with Mr. Skywalker here lately. I need to remedy that.

*nods* Yes you do. Thinking about it, I could also try my hand at writing something shorter...

A/P Defenders Thread in Community

Seriously? It's there? But I've already looked there, several times at least. *sigh* Maybe I should have gone past the first couple of pages...

Another good site is Moons of Iego and Anakin Skywalker Homepage (<--this site rocks)

Second both of those as well. Anakin Homepage I'm just familiar with the fan fic section, but I think I'll have to take another look around... and Moons of Iego is great all around.

And welcome, nobody's_angel! I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting fics to read here.

I'm inspired to do some Anakin/Padmé and Anakin/Vader buttons now. Darn it! I told you guys to drag me awaaaaay from Photoshop.

Sorry, roo...But great for the buttons! Keep them coming!

And hi, A21

Plus an update! We're making this thing work!

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Does a Padme/Vader 10-years-post-ROTS count? Also, for Ani/Ami, I have All the Wrong Places. And I wrote Lest Ye Be Judged as them surviving past Endor and reuniting.

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Oooh, I remember those. Anything with Anakin/Vader and Padme counts. Lest Ye Be Judged is in Beyond, right?

17. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    I think it's in Beyond. I've started it, but at the moment I've been too busy to keep on reading.

18. Yoda-Feet

Yoda-Feet Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    This thread excites me. :D :D...

No, really. ;)

I guess you can count on me being here periodically as well. Can't really make a decent post right now... but I'll be back later... Okay? Okay. I know, I know-- it's really going to alter the significance of this thread now that I'm here. *rolls eyes* :) haha.

Anyway... discussion... hmm-- favorite fics? *heavy sigh* That'll be a while before I can get all that together in my mind. Off the top of my head, I know I've always been a fan of DarthBreezy's work... as well as MissPadme...all those quote "veteran" authors-- and MAN there are so many other great writers out there...that I'll come up with later on... Alethia does quite an excellent job, as well. :) But she already knows that.

So... hopefully this will continue to thrive. :) I'm excited. :)

-YF

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    It lives! It lives!

I think I feel a pulse in this thread now. :D

20. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Thanks, YF!

And yes, the thread lives! 'lightning and omnious laughter ensue*

21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, LYBJ is in Beyond.

22. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Ohhh, People! :D

Lest Ye Be Judged is in Beyond, right?

You know, VLR64 has kindly agreed to keep an eye out in Beyond for A/P stuff :D So I'm really excited about that. (something with the orange keeps me out of that forum 8-} )

I know, I know-- it's really going to alter the significance of this thread now that I'm here.

But it does! Loved your little A/P novella, btw.

And yes, the thread lives! 'lightning and omnious laughter ensue*

[face_hypnotized]

23. Ani_and_Ami_index

Ani_and_Ami_index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Added these fics from Gina for your enjoyment:

Title: The Lover
    Genre: Vignette, Angst, Slightly AU
    Timeframe: ROTS
    Summary: Padmé realizes that another love has claimed Anakin's heart.

Title: The Path
    Genre: Vignette, Angst, AU
    Timeframe: ROTS
    Summary: Anakin must choose the path that he will follow.

Title: A Palace in the Sand
    Genre: Vignette, Romance
    Timeframe: Post-AoTC
    Summary: When Anakin and Padmé spend a day on the island offshore from the Naboo lake retreat, Anakin discovers that even sand has its merits.

Title: My Mother's Dress
    Genre: Vignette, Missing Scene
    Timeframe: AoTC
    Summary: On her wedding day, Padmé reflects on the absence of her family.

Title: Consorting With the Enemy
    Coauthor:: VaderLVR64
    Genre: Humor, Romance, AU
    Timeframe: Intertrilogy
    Summary: When the Skywalker children hatch a daring plan to save their parents' marriage, they get more than they bargained for. This is a sequel to "Rules of Engagement."

-PA

24. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Hi everybody! I was surfing around looking for halfway intelligent conversation when I saw that this thread was bumped up. Yay!

There are a couple of promising new A/P fan fic authors I've seen on LiveJournal, one named Edie and the other named juanitadark. They post on the padmeanakin community. Edie in particular is really good. She does mostly vignettes.

I just did some a fluffy closure viggie where Anakin and Padmé meet again as blue ghosties, which is in the Love Shack of A/P Vignettes thread (see my profile to find it...it might also be in the databank).

--MissPadme

25. nobodys_angel

nobodys_angel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Okay, forgive a Padawan's question, but do we include a link to our own A/P fics or do we let others do that for us?

I'm loving all this A/P goodness!!! Bring it on!! I want more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.