main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Anima, Anonymous - 2010 Dear Diary

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ElvisTheCat, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElvisTheCat

ElvisTheCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Title: Anima, Anonymous
    Author(s): ElvisTheCat
    Timeframe: Beyond the Saga
    Characters: An unknown entity (OC)
    Summary: 2010 Dear Diary entry.

It began as it always does: by remembering my own death.

I didn't realize it at first, of course, believing it to be a dream. When the memory began to intensify and overwhelm me with the sense of finality and despair, I considered that maybe I was clairvoyant, and that I was seeing a future yet to come.

Coming to accept that my tragic end was a memory... Well, I can imagine that would be difficult for any being to comprehend.

But then I began to remember other things of a life once lived. I remembered being an old man in a field, tilling fertile soil underneath the hot sun and inspecting the fruits of my labor growing in a vineyard the size of two crashball fields. Considering I'm barely completing my thirty-fourth year as of this journal, a computer slicer by trade, and I've never set foot on a world with a strip of soil that wasn't covered by buildings and spaceports... you can imagine that I was quite disoriented.

Add in that I am not, nor have ever been, a man. Now you begin to understand a tiny fraction of the confusion I presently endure.

I've spent the last two years studying the mythological concepts of reincarnation from some seventy worlds, trying to figure out if maybe this is what I'm experiencing. But nothing quite meshes with the memories that keep bubbling to the surface of my consciousness.

You see, this man that I remember, he also carried someone else's memories. It had begun with him just the same way as it had begun with me, and he - and I - spent many years accumulating knowledge of who or what I had been before. And he left it - I left it - for me to find.

It took me four years to locate his records, stored in various places throughout the galaxy in an effort to ensure that at least part of them remained to be found. And in those four years, I began to understand exactly what I would find within them.

Just a few weeks ago, it happened again: another death. Not his, not mine, but the one he had first remembered. Now, as it had been before, another person's memories have begun to surface in my mind. They are still disjointed and difficult to understand, but that's mostly because of the differences in culture... and species.

You see, I have come to the realization that this other being I'm now remembering was not human. Yet, the old man had figured out the differences, and now that I hold his journal in my hands, I know now to expect that they will be but the first and second of many beings that I will remember having been.

Or rather, that they have been me. I'm still not clear on that.

And so I begin a journal of my own, hopefully to pick up where he had left off, and discover as much as I can about -

About myself.

Merely paging through the records I already possess, there are some memories I am anxious to encounter. Apparently, I've been a member of twelve different species and four different sexes (five if you count not having a sex). I've been a slave, a king, a housewife, a commander of troops, a farmer, a lawyer, and even a Hutt gangster. Stars, I hope to never remember any intense romantic encounters from that life. And those are just the ones the old man recorded in his journal.

Perhaps this journal will survive me, and find its way into the hands of... well, me.

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Wow. Powerful first line!

This is a very interesting premise. I'm looking forward to reading more!

3. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    This sounds quite promising. Hoping to see more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.