main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft 3rd Impact: All of You, Draft Like You Want to Win! -- Winner: Shurron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Would've had this up sooner, but I had to update myself on Luffy. The price of not actively following a series, I suppose. Anyways, extensive and somewhat rambling attempts at logical justification for judgment to follow. You have been warned.

Luffy, very good, yes. Obvious curbstomp? In no way that I can see. Now, in all honesty, I think Luffy vs. Crocodile is probably one of the best showings for him. Even up against Lucci, he wasn't showing that kind of pure, battlefield-destroying power that makes measuring strength so much easier. Better speed, sure, but not more impressive in terms of sheer collateral damage. The same could be said for a lot of his earlier fights, really. Though that may be simply because they were less focused on getting around the enemy's gimmick moves. Anyways, the fight, yes.

Ulquiorra doesn't deal much in blunt damage, except when he's hurling somebody into conveniently-placed pillars, so that makes things a bit riskier for Luffy, especially given the level of speed involved. Not a lot of holding back is going to be happening here, I think. Luffy can fire off a lot of strong shots at once, but seeing as Ulquiorra can stop some pretty impressive hits without even a scratch, I don't think he's going to go down to simple punch-spamming. Also, a number of Luffy's better moves seem to take a while for him to charge up before firing them off. Since Ulquiorra shouldn't be trying to prove a point here, I can't see him being nice enough to sit there and wait until he's done before counterattacking. As a side observation, Luffy seems to reach his peak faster when he has specific issues with his opponent, while Ulquiorra upgrades based on the threat posed. Don't know if that'll really make a difference here, but it might.

On another destructiveness note, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I haven't been able to find anything from Luffy that would be comparable to Cero Oscuras or even Lanza del Relámpago. Luffy has a pretty nice attack range on the odd times that he needs it, but not quite at the power or speed level of shots like those. If Ulquiorra didn't have the ability to use even his second release here, I'd probably be much more favorably inclined towards Luffy, but as things are, I'm going to have to go with Ulquiorra unless I see something else ridiculously powerful from the pirate.

Also:
    I agree.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm not entirely sure when people started taking me completely serious...but I don't like it.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    You should be proud of me, I never have. 'greed, #4 wins.

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Good. This is the first time since Tuesday I'm opening my computer.

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    We'll see all of you in appeals court.

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    You know, I actually have both sets of numbers. I was waiting but... Um... Yeah... Post em?

7. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Meh the suspense is killing meh.

8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So 5 and 8 have been called and Shurron is up 2-0... Um yeah, so not to officially call any matches here, but if it were to be called, 7 would be Itachi Uchiha vs. Rowen of the Strata. Not that it's up for a vote or anything...

9. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Just sayin' that, after Itachi wins this one, maybe we should call one of the numbers with my trump on it, since I have a feeling that they're getting busted either way.

Then we can just move right along to any one of the remaining matchups, which, I think, might be pretty cool. I dunno. Just assuming.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, I'm gonna go with Itachi there

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    [image=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/322/mayafaceexpression2.gif]

Yeah, going with Itachi. Also, thanks for calling a number Yak. My computer gained some unwanted company and wouldn't even let me get onto the internet. So I've been digging through tons of files trying to find the malware, finally gave up and just reformatted. Yay for backup drives. But, yeah.

FINALS!

Murdertrain a Comin' (3) vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman

ONE!

[color=blue]Legato Bluesummers (Trigun)(PREPARED)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Ryoko (Tenchi)(PREPARED)[/color][/b]

12. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Ouch, malware, always a pain. Had one case once that escaped into the backup files, and kept coming back every time I thought I got it until I figured out where it was really lurking. Good to have you back, though.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Tempted to go with Legato here, even with prep I dunno what Ryoko could do against mindcontrol. But then could she get off a blast that could kill Legato before he took her over? He doesn't seem to have great endurance or speed, and she does have super-quickness.

14. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    No arguments? Oh well. Ryoko is certainly the better fighter here, but I don't recall ever seeing any evidence of resistance to mental attacks (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, here). Not of the sort needed to repel a prepared Legato. She's quick, but since it's a mental attack, it's not like he has to be able to keep up with her (or see her). Even if she does get a chance to attack, I wouldn't put it past him to just off-balance her enough make her miss. Shouldn't be impossible for someone of his level of power and control. So, yeah, Legato.

15. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Nope, no arguments. EF won't be around and I'm perfectly content to let the chips fall where they may.

Just judge away, fellas.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Um... Well normally I'd keep it to myself since I'm unsure, but since it might take 3 judges and that could take forever... Well, Bassil has to post anyway, so we'd have 3 here, but anyways...

Yeah I guess TYI makes a good point. Agree

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    FINALS!

Murdertrain a Comin' (4) vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman

THREE!

[color=blue]Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2) TRUMPED W/ Anubis (Ronin Warriors)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Yoruichi (Bleach)[/color][/b]

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Flash cry or not, that seems a bit much for Yoroichi. Trump

19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Rearry? I mean, neither of my boys are exactly slow, but...

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Admittedly I can't very well translate Ryoga's speed to Bleach, but you think Yoruichi is good enough to beat them both? I'd think she'd have a hard time just hurting Ryoga at all, am I wrong?

21. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well I definitely ain't gonna fight you too hard on this. I absolutely don't think it would be easy for her to wear these two down (and Anubis isn't slacking in the durability department either), but I personally just have a difficult time seeing them being able to hit her very often, if at all.

I suppose it's possible that these two could endure long enough for her to start to get tired and slow down some, but... I dunno.

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Eh, you may just be right after all. I skimmed over a couple of episodes to review, and as far as striking speed goes, it's not really all that far-fetched to imagine that Ryoga is capable of tagging Yoruichi. But in terms of movement speed, no one from that series really holds a candle to her.

And again, Anubis sure isn't slow, either. He doesn't really have much in the way of overt displays of superspeed, but just the fact that he was able to go toe-to-toe with Kayura on more than one occasion speaks to his ability there. Then there is the Staff and... no! Bad! No arguing!

I'll just say that I'm starting to come around on the idea.

23. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Hmm, narrowly, I'll agree. I could see it going the other way if Yoruichi was prepared, but her lack of advance warning and reliance on close combat doesn't do much for her here. Ryoga should be fast enough to hit her, if not keep up with her, and she hasn't really demonstrated a considerable level of ranged attacks that would let her finish this without risking getting close. It's still close, but I think the trump comes out ahead a bit more often.

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    FINALS!

Murdertrain a Comin' (5) vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman

TWO!

[color=blue]Xellos (Slayers)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Arika Yumemiya (My-Otome)(PREPARED)[/color][/b]

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm wondering... How she would prepare for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.