main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft II: Osaka is watching you sleep. Congrats Shurron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaotic208

chaotic208 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2007
    those teams are a bit broken.. i mean.. the sound 4? that is like getting chunin neji, shikamaru kiba and chouji on teams... but a little bit worse.... kidomaru prepped is a beast, mind you :0.. yeah can we please stick to single for nahrootoe?

itd be like a bleach captain-vice captain team.... a little too much, even though a good captain or espada could take down a pair.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Point. Though most of Kidomaru's strength came from the fact that he could set up his web/trap in forest. Deprived of that, he's probably not as good.

3. chaotic208

Jul 28, 2007
    well, just the fact that he pretty much prepped himself in the first 3 minutes of battle was astounding... he would have killed any of the other 4

4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, the Sound Four ain't all that. I thought the same thing before this draft, when we were discussing possible Naruto team picks, but then BaSSiL made a couple of very good points.

Kidomaru's strategic ability was... okay, but he's still a bonafide nobody in comparison to the top-end Naruro picks in terms of... anything. And in the end, he was beaten by Neji. Genin Neji. Jonin Neji would hand Kidomaru his ass on a platter within a matter of moments. He'd hand any two members of the S4 their ass with only a bit more difficulty. And while it would start to get tough for him, I think he could take out any three of them by himself. All four? Well, it'd probably be the fight of his life, but I could see him pulling it off. And that's just Neji, who is not a high-end pick from the series.

Don't forget that Kimimaro alone was better than all four of them combined. Easily. Possibly he was still stronger than them when hindered by his illness, based on the way he chumped a fox-fueled Naruto with little effort.

Any member of Akatsuki could take the S4 all at once, any one of the Sannin could do it, Sarutobi, Gaara, Kakashi, Sasuke, and several others. Hell, maybe even Lee. I mean, he did give Kimimaro a decent enough fight even before he got drunk, and that was when he was restrcited by an injury and, of course, a genin. Chunin, injury-free Lee vs. Kimimaro would be one helluva match, methinks. And so, he's definitely way, way beyond any one member of the S4. They're really not all that.

5. chaotic208

Jul 28, 2007
    course not. maybe they will have a fighting chance to get drafted if they were teamed....

but i do think with the right resources that kidomaru could be a total beast

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Kidomaru's losing to Neji was, in fact, the fight that made me stop watching that show. It was absolutely inexcusable for it to go down that way. Neji should've been... No, as far as I'm concerned, Neji was killed. That's it.

7. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    And for the record that hacked up Bleach list is garbage. Where is Shinji? Or Rangiku? They were BOTH on championship teams, and now being axed? LAME. The Bleach list is a little long sure, but it isn't so bad that it needs cut to the bone. This is coming from someone that wants to do an All-Bleach-team one of these drafts too, or at least close to it, and you hacking it all up like that TLI is bad for business.

8. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Hey, I'd like to do an all-mechs team someday. And include Nono, Lal'C, and the Gunbuster on it. But it looks like I won't ever get the chance, huh? Guess I'll just have to settle for an all-Naruto team, or an all-Mai-HiME-series team, or maybe a hot-babe harem team involving either Yuuichi Tate, Jiraiya, or Happosai as the lucky guy. Or if his manga-ka ever gets him to FINALLY drop his "gullible, idiotic, outmatched chump" attitude that's getting real old real fast now, I might one day consider Naruto as worthy of that honor. The underdog thing was great in the beginning. Persisting with it now makes it just overplayed and sad.

Still, those Bleach/Naruto pick lists were massive. They needed a trim badly.

Specterace

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Like I said, it was experimental. Cut it down to the essentials, and then work up from there. By no means is that intended to be a final list of any sorts, just the best guys.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I can promise all of you a NO-NARUTO team.

We could also add Valgarv, or whatever his name was that Xellos fought, to the Slayers list to beef up the villainy. I'd say he's a little less strong than Xellos, but still obviously extremely strong.

And some Blood+ characters would definitely beef up the villainy. Although I don't particularly like any of them with the possible exception of Diva, that was a freakin awesome show.

11. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Going through the list in search of more people who could potentially be cut, how about a few of the s-CRY-ed guys? Apart from Ryuhou and Kazuma, most of the others aren't really that good.

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Really I like some of the others though. Got a nice array of powers for some of them, healers, mind control.... I was tempted to take a few more for my back field if I was able to but things opened up and I couldn't fit them in.

13. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Fair enough, it's just that some of them, like Urizane and Unkei, don't really strike me as fighting types.

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh no, I am fine with cutting them really if it is necessary. I am just saying personally I would have drafted them if I was able to.

I don't see the problem with having a big list though. I wish they could make it so you could have it posted in three or four columns instead of one continuous line, that is why it seems so long I think.

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    The dude with the eternity 8 was cool, and what's-er-name with Eternal Devote for teams. And some others. But some could go from all those many-people shows.

16. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I have no problem with the length of the list itself, just that there's a lot of people on there who are either weak enough to cut or who should probably be shuffled into a team if they're going to be a valuable pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.