main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

animating a propellor blade

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Darthshoppingmall, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthshoppingmall

Darthshoppingmall Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    Hey, I am new to animation, and wanted to take a crack at animating a propellor blade in 3d max r3, and was hoping someone can give me a hand, or point me in the right direction.

2. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
  3. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    select your prop, go to the motion tab(the wheel looking tab)create 2 rotation keyframes, beginning and end of the rotation, once that's done enable the make keyframe button so that the timeline is red, go to the last keyframe and rotate the prop a few degrees...

now, go to the graph or curve editor in the pull down menu(haven't used MAX r3 in a few years so not sure exactly which menu it's in), you should see a curve for your prop, more than likely it'll curve up on the left side and curve down at the end... if you leave it curved like that, then it will spin up and spin down... if you want it to be constant click the node at the beginning and then right click it, it'll open a panel that says IN and OUT... there should be one that looks kinda like a zig-zag, where the middle is a straight line... put that on both IN and OUT on both the beginning and ending nodes... unless you want it to spin up and spin down...
    ;)
    Darksteps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.