main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Annandale Fall Festival Parade- Saturday, October 28

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Midi-ChlorianLori, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Garrison Tyranus is marching in the Annandale Fall Festival Parade on Saturday, October 28, and we'd like to invite the Galactic Senate to join us once again this year:

Saturday, October 28
    Line-up is at 9 AM
    Parade starts at 10 AM and lasts until noon
    Marchers can meet at Lori Frye's house prior to line up or at parade site

Parade is held on Columbia Pike in Annandale, VA and has a mile-long route

Marchers in costume or in Star Wars t-shirts are welcome- there are hundreds of people along the parade route and marchers traditionally throw candy to the kids- any candy donations and candy-throwing help are welcome and appreciated.

We are inviting many local Star Wars groups to join us so it should be a fun event: Old Line Garrison, Rebel Legion, and the DC R2-D2 Builders Club are all being invited to join us as well.

Mark your calendars and I'll post additional details as we get closer to the parade date!

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Lori, you know how bad I want to troop with Tyranus but I might have plans that weekend. If my weekend clears I'll be down there. :D

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    For any who haven't done it, it's lots of fun! If Ken and I can, we'll likely be there.

4. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    I'll be there :)

5. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Annandale Parade Final Details and Directions:

I just received an e-mail from the Annandale Chamber of Commerce with our parade position and final details:

Quote:
    YOUR PARADE POSITION (Garrison Tyranus, 501st Legion Stormtroopers) IS B-09.

The parade is scheduled to start at 10:00 a.m. (rain or shine), from the Annandale United Methodist Church parking lot, 6935 Columbia Pike, accessible from either Columbia Pike or Evergreen Lane. Please have your group meet somewhere other than the Church, as we can not allow vehicles that are not in the parade in the Church parking lot. We would like for you/your group to be at the starting point by 8:30 am for parade positioning. The parade will continue down Columbia Pike to Maple Place, then to Markham Street and end at the Safeway on Little River Turnpike. The Kena Shriners will be setting up in the Masonic Lodge parking lot, so this year that lot will be closed to the public. We suggest that you park in the lots around the parade route, and walk, or car pool, to the drop off location at the church parking lot.

There will be awards for, ?best unit" in each category ? Appearance, Performance, Effort, Spirit & Creativity. The award winners will be contacted after the parade. This year?s theme is: So Proudly the Annandale Flag Waves. If you would like to include a flag in your entry, they can be purchased at the Flower Den in the Bradlick Shopping Center. Please understand this is NOT MANDATORY. Please direct any questions to Linda Bufano in the Chamber office (703) 256-7232, 9-1:30 pm during the work week.

To insure the success of our parade, the following guidelines have been set and must be followed. The MOST IMPORTANT ONE BEING CANDY IS TO BE HANDED OUT, NOT THROWN FROM VEHICLES:

* No candy is to be thrown from vehicles. It may be handed out by walkers along the sides of the parade

* Groups including elected officials and candidates, and especially those with youth participating are encouraged to meet at a pre-determined location and come together to the church.

* No cars or trucks other than those in the parade will be allowed to turn into the church parking lot.

* Participants are to be driven to and dropped off at the parade starting point and picked up at the end of the parade.

* Each participating unit should be identified by a banner or sign on the vehicle or preceding their unit.

* Any group with a special routine may pause in front of the reviewing stand. Please limit this to one minute.

* Those in a vehicle must stay in the vehicle during the parade. Officials may be taken to the reviewing stands.

We extend out sincere thanks for your participation in the parade this year. Sincerely, Linda Bufano, Administrator www.annandalechamber.com

We are closer to the front of the parade than we have been in past years (since we are in section B instead of section D), so be prepared to be ready to march earlier than last year.

Donations of candy would be welcome- we will be throwing candy to the kids along the parade route.

There are two options for where to meet on the morning of the parade:

1. You can meet us at my house, change, and carpool to the parade site.
    WE WILL BE LEAVING AT 8:45- IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT BEFORE 8:45
    AM, PLEASE GO DIRECTLY TO THE PARADE SITE.

Please PM me for directions and phone number if you want to meet at my house.

We will have donuts, cider and coffee at the house to munch on while
    you get ready.

2. You can go directly to the parade site and meet us there. The parade
    site is at:

Annandale United Methodist Church parking lot
    6935 Columbia Pike
    -You can't actually park in the parking lot- only vehicles actually
    appearing in the parade can drive into the church parking lot on
    parade day. Suggested parking locations are:

Magruder's parking lot:
    7010 Columbia Pike

Giant Food parking lot: