main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Anniversaries of the Heart - Vader Angst and A/P mush COMPLETE - Cover Art added 6/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rhonderoo, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    :_| Argh. Stop making me cry! *sniffles* ;)

I love this story and I just love Vader's characterization... He's the perfect mix between Anakin and the OT Vader we know... Now, I only want more! ;)

A question though, are there spoilers in this story or is this only speculation? [face_thinking]

2. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    (server went down this morning when I was going to reply so this isn't the reply I had in mind.)

You're making me cry again!
    Vader can't die! And Myr is such a wonderful character, she's sort of a Mary Sue of me (without the mature content :p) and so likeable, I enjoy how she we see it through her eyes and how you put in all those details about how he moves and acts. *sniffles* Repeat, he can't die!!!

3. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    wow...that was stunning. i felt the apprehension & turmoil both of them were going through in this part! and for her to say that last line to him!! :eek: wow!

again, great job, rhonda! can't wait for more! :)

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    A question though, are there spoilers in this story or is this only speculation?

It's just speculation, Padlei. :) (Which is really all anything is until May 19, IMO.)

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm at work, so I can't be too lengthy on the replies, but I do want you guys to know how much I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this little story. :) [:D]

Pariah - Thank you! [face_blush]

Ana_Libris - Thanks and thanks for the encouragement! :)

DreamofKenobi - Thank you for the kind words. :)

Trace - Thanks for betaing this thing and not hassling me toomuch for another chapter. [:D] Okay, keep hassling me. :p

Jedi-master-Rev -Thank you! That is truly a great compliment. :D

Sarka-Vrae - Thank you. [:D]

QGT - [:D] You're the greatest!

Lady-Mariana - Thank you!!! :D Still a couple more chapters.

Padlei - Thank you! [face_blush]

JediJFalcon - Thank you!!! :)

Aiel -Thanks for clicking and welcome!

6. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    What a good story! I just found it.

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Another gem, roo! :D

I really felt for Myr in this one. That would be like getting called to the Principal's office to the nth degree, LOL.

And poor Vader - There probably isn't anyone that he can just talk to. How very lonely.... :(

*sniff*

Is it too soon to pester you for chapter 7? [face_mischief] ;)

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! He was so Vader and yet Anakin, too! Loved it!

His hands still hooked in his belt, he turned to the viewport again and said, ?Do not fail me.?

Myr knew she was being excused. She walked toward the entryway.

?And Myr?? he rumbled, ??Thank you.?

She stood for a second and turned back to him. She studied the back of his profile for just a moment before answering, ?May the Force be with you?my Lord.? She left before he could see that she was fighting tears that threatened to spill on her cheeks.

I know how she feels! :_|

9. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    You're really building the suspense here! Can't wait to read more! Great job, rhonderoo.

10. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Wow! What a wonderful chapter! Poor Myr and poor Vader....it must be so lonely not being able to "talk" to anyone. *sniff* :( Can't wait for the next part!!!

11. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Just discovered this (I know I'm so oblivious)... and it's just wonderful, heartbreakingly sad and real. I just want to keep reading it forever. Beautiful characterizations. The A/P mush isn't really mush, it's totally in character and not sappy at all. I feel the same profound sadness that Vader must feel remembering it.

Awesome job. :D

12. ColdWarrior

ColdWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    Rhonderoo, excellent job on this story! Well constructed and thought out, lovely imagery, and of course--Vader angst and mush, my favorite! Well done, please continue.

-cw

13. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Upping this story! *needs an update*

14. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    giving this yet another ~up~

just wanted to post that i was thinking about this today, wondering when we'd get an update, just to prove that all those times i said "i was just thinking about this" i really was :p update soon? please? :D

15. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    *pouts* I need an update... ;)

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yeah, we had a deal, roo. [face_mischief] I kept my end. <points to "Recovery." :p>

*drums fingers waiting for chapter seven*

;)

:D

17. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Did I mention I'm addicted to this fic? :p

This story certainly can't stay on page 5... Up!

18. Lady_Mariana

Lady_Mariana Jedi Master

Jan 2, 2004
    Yes rhonderoo, more please!

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks guys. [:D] DRL has been a bit of a pain in Feb. :mad:, but believe it or not...I've just sent Chapter 7 to Trace to beta and have started on Chapter 8. We are on the downhill run of this one. ;)

20. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    *has the urge to quote Yoda*

Ah well, rhonderoo, seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart ;) :D

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Dally Thank you for clicking, hope to see you again!! :)

Trace ? My wonderful beta!! [:D] Thanks for the moral support and nudges? :p :D Unfortunately, Vader can?t really talk to anyone anymore except Palpatine (*shudders*)?blech.

VaderLVR ? Thanks!! [:D] He?s really great!!!

Stacy Thanks!! [:D] I hope it reads as well as I hope for it to? [face_worried]

BrownEyes ? It is sad. I imagine she doesn?t really have anyone to talk to and her job (Vader) gives her purpose. And doing it without getting killed makes it challenging? :p

Rebelscum77 - I?m glad you found this story!! Please come back! :D

ColdWarrior ? Thank you for the kind words. :) I love Vader/Anakin angst mush, it keeps me inspired? :D

Padlei, Ana and Sarka_Vrae ? Thanks for the ups and wonderful words of encouragement. I love you guys!!! [:D]

Trace ? Yeah, yeah? I hear you. It?s coming... [face_mischief] :p

Lady_Mariana ? Thank you for the up!!! :D

And now, believe it or not ? I give you Chapter Seven! [face_dancing] I apologize. It's short, but I've written Eight and the break was better here than in what I had for Eight. My muse has finally gotten the breather and cape on and decided to give me a swift kick in the arse. :eek:

22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002

Chapter Seven

Darth Vader awoke before dawn, the inky blackness right before a sunrise had always his favorite time a day. The darkness still held the shadows at bay, but the day also spanned out from that time, a day with the promise of something to do, away from nightmares and regrets.

This was why the memories, the very painful memories that his son?s appearance dredged up had come back. The early morning brought memories of the pre-dawn hours when he would steal away from the Temple to his wife when he couldn?t spend the night at the apartment they shared in secrecy. They would spend the early morning hours before the sunrise in each other?s arms, making each second count as though it was their last. Every day had brought a new peril in those times.

He?d once been asked what he knew of regret. He couldn?t remember if he?d allowed someone that foolish to live or not. He couldn?t remember many things, but he knew regret every day of his hellish existence. After the accident, when death had been snatched away from him, he had vowed that he would do his duty to the Empire to rid the galaxy of the sedition that had cost it so much. It would be a reason to live, or a chance to die. This made it easy, as either way; he would be away from the grief, duplicity and torment of his previous life.

The past few evenings he had dreamed things he couldn?t really call nightmares and it scared him as much as anything could these days. He had dreamed of Padmé again last night, the same dream. The relief of a real dream, a real glimpse of her face, with no fire, or smoke, or death surrounding her image was too much to ask, so he didn?t contemplate it for fear of it fading into his dreams. The dreams he had?of lava, betrayal, and hopelessness. A veritable hell.

These new dreams had been coming of late, though. He couldn?t deny it. The only thing that stayed with him was Padmé waiting at a garden gate. That was it. He couldn?t tell why she was waiting, but she wore the japoor snippet in each instance and fingered it hopefully as she looked over the horizon, as if waiting for something or someone.

The dream shook him as much as the nightmares did, but for a different reason. It made him want leave this place and go to her. Leave the power, the glory of the Empire, everything he had worked so hard to build ? just to go to her at that gate. He slammed his mind down on the thoughts and drew on the Force. He thought of the work yet to do on the battle station and the Emperor?s face swam before his.

The familiar numbness spread through his body at the feelings these thoughts evoked. He turned away from the memories and the window of the study. He had left Myr instructions to have his things brought down last night, in preparation of an early departure. He left a few more minor instructions on care of the castle and financial orders to be taken care of on a data pad on the desk. He threw his cape around him and fastened it to the shoulder armor. He then gathered the small business case and hooking his lightsaber on his belt, he commed for Myr.

~*~*~*~

Myr made her way downstairs groggily. She had been up most of the night, unable to return to sleep after being awakened by nightmares worse than she had in a long time. She dreamed of exploding moons, lightning and destruction. She awoke with a headache.

The comm unit buzzing on the wall in the hall made Myr jump. She leaned into it to answer.

?Yes, my Lord??

?I will be leaving now. Please have my shuttle prepared for my arrival.?

?Yes, my Lord.? She answered. A pang in her chest bloomed at the thought of Lord Vader leaving this morning. The sense of foreboding would not leave her. She hurried to attend to getting his things in order for a pre-dawn departure.

After communicating to the pilot Lord Vader?s wishes, she went to the study. She found Vader standing at the window, his gloved hands clasped behind his back in the mann

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I've just sent Chapter 7 to Trace to beta and have started on Chapter 8.

[face_mischief] I threatened to kidnap Myr and drag her back into Circle of Light...again. ;) [face_laugh]

Great chapter! :D

a real glimpse of her face, with no fire, or smoke, or death surrounding her image was too much to ask, so he didn?t contemplate it for fear of it fading into his dreams. The dreams he had?of lava, betrayal, and hopelessness

That has got to be one of saddest things I've ever read. It hurts. :_|

He thought of the work yet to do on the battle station and the Emperor?s face swam before his.

The familiar numbness spread through his body at the feelings these thoughts evoked

Stupid Palpatine... :mad:

24. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Good chapter. Very touching, and I can hear Darth Vader saying these lines.

25. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Another great chapter, as usual.

She thought back to the couple mentioned in the holo-globe that Lord Vader had given her the day before. Why would Lord Vader keep a holo of the Jedi?s son...? With a clarity that could only be attributed to the Force she realized: Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker. He had been a Jedi, and married?.to the woman named Padmé? :(

She looked to the face in the holo again. Luke Skywalker. This was Darth Vader?s son. The rebel pilot who had destroyed the death star was Darth Vader?s son. She sat down abruptly on the floor with the overwhelming feeling that she knew more than she could ever possibly comprehend.

Wonderful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.