main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Anniversaries of the Heart - Vader Angst and A/P mush COMPLETE - Cover Art added 6/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rhonderoo, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    an update would be nice, you've kept us all waiting for so long! :)

:D

2. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    I love this story -- you're really good at portraying theemotions of Vader and the servant girl. Update please?

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    JediMasterRev ? Thanks so much for the kind words. I have no doubt that if Vader could never go back to Tatooine because of his memories of his mother, Padme?s memory must have been something that haunted him tremendously.

Althea ? Thanks for reading! In ROTJ, Vader seems so conflicted that to me, you could almost see it behind the mask. He is literally carrying on a battle within himself, and more than likely, is remembering the past more frequently.

I think Vader was seen first and foremost as scary. But behind that, there was some measure of respect, IMO, as he never seemed to mind hitting the front lines with his men.

Dally ? Thanks!!

SarkaVrae ? Thanks for the support and the kind words! [:D]

Trace ? Thank you!!! [:D] I will make a Padme-fan out of you yet?. :p

Thanks for the wonderful beta work, also. If you ever get the chance to use her folks, she is the best!

Padlei ? Thank you for reading and all of your kind words. Vader is about 20% Anakin, and 80% Vader at this point, I think. As we all know from ROTJ, the farther we go, the more the Anakin part wins out. (Well, except for that little duel with his son thing?) :p

JDH3 ? Thank you!!! I?m trying hard to keep the Star Warsy feel to his, so that means a lot to me!!

JediFalcon ? If he only knew indeed?. [face_devil] Thanks for reading!

DarthSkywalker2 ? Thanks for dropping by! :)

Aseth-Midnight ? Oh don?t worry, more coming really, really soon. :)

WhiteLadyofRohan ? Thank you! :)

Believe it or not Chapter Nine is at the beta. And Trace has to work today saving people?s lives and helping them get well?*sigh* :p

I should have something up tonight or tomorrow morning!

We are winding down to this part of the story, with the last bit of it taking place 25 years after the Battle of Endor with Luke, Mara, Leia, Han and family. For those of you familiar with the EU, it?s just after the book The Unifying Force, which is the last book written in the timeline. For those of you not familiar, Luke is almost fifty, and has already given Darth Vader a granson. :eek: ;)

4. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Chapter Nine

Myr woke to the gray and pink dawn creeping above the twisted mountain peaks. The orange-purple glow of the sunrise mirrored the melancholy that had settled itself upon her heart. She went to the window of her sleeping chambers and watched as birds swooped to their nests to feed their young. The oblique spikes that formed the outer turrets were home to the various fowl that inhabited Vjun. Mother birds fed their young and life went on as if nothing had changed, when indeed it had. The galaxy had been turned upside down. The unthinkable had happened.

It had been five standard weeks since Darth Vader had perished at the battle of Endor. Myr moved through the motions of daily life out of sheer habit. All other servants had been let go and she was here alone, with the exception of the footman droid, whom she kept for any heavy lifting she might have to do. Celebrations all over the galaxy were on the holovid, but other than that, she knew nothing of what had happened in the fateful battle above the small, formerly inconsequential moon.

There were various stories from different sources all over the Imperial holovid channels, but all of them said essentially the same thing?that Darth Vader was a traitor and had killed the Emperor trying to either overtake the galaxy or giving him over to the Alliance. Myr couldn?t reconcile the man who had inhabited Bast castle, the unyielding military mind and the most visible example of Imperial loyalty to the man that the holovids reported as a traitor to the Empire, the Emperor?s killer. Whatever the circumstances, Darth Vader had indeed died.

And Luke Skywalker lived.

Lord Vader had stated specifically that his final directions were to be followed only if she heard that he had perished and Luke Skywalker lived. He had told her that she was not to open the last set of documents until she was safely at the residence he had mapped on the holomap. Even in her sadness, she was pleased by his trust in her. He was not a man known for the habit of giving the benefit of the doubt.

A strange sense of peace and completeness had settled over her once the initial impact of the news of Vader?s death had worn off. If Luke Skywalker lived, if Anakin Skywalker?s son lived, something powerful must have happened on the small moon, and she had the strangest feeling that she had personally witnessed events unfold in galactic history of the most epic proportions.

With renewed determination, she set about her preparations to fulfill Lord Vader?s final wishes and made arrangements for transportation off of the planet of her birth. Now she waited. She waited for fate and destiny, Lord Vader?s constant companions, to lead her to her purpose. She knew now that trust in the Force would show her the way.

If her time in the Dark Lord?s employ had taught her nothing else, it had taught her to listen to her instincts. He had said as much once. ?Trust in the Force. It will not lead you astray.? A strange statement for a Sith to make, but he never used the terms ?dark side? or ?the Force? lightly. When Darth Vader had spoken of his ?religion? on the rare occasion that he gave an oblique reference or explanation, it was simply referred to as ?the Force?, and most of the time, rather reverently. She hoped now that her trust in the Force would make the transport come before the Imperials.

XXXXXX

Myr sat looking out over the cold, gray mist through the large viewport in the study; the one Lord Vader had always looked out of, as if he were searching for something. A memory of a recent conversation with Lord Vader rose unbidden into her mind. In a moment of strangely subdued and unexpected dialogue during his last visit, he had quipped that winter just was not his season ? he had never liked the cold. She watched as occasional patches of gold shone through the clouds, hitting the mist, creating tiny rainbows through the grayness. The weather had been strange this year as the cold winter season turned to renewal, as tumultuous as the

5. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    yay!! what a cool update! it didn't have the same affect on me as the others did, but it did take us to a great place in the story! :) and who can complain with that? ;)

very cool, rhonda! keep it up! we love it! :D

6. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    That was great! :D

Dee's last stand was brilliant, especially where he saw Luke's holo at Vader's bedside. :D :cool: At least, I assume it was Luke's based on what Anakin Solo found when he visited Bast in the official continuity.

I liked Myr's musings about her late master, and I can't wait to see what happens when she gets to Varykino.

Well done, rhonderoo :)

JD.

7. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Poor ol' D7.

Anyways, I loved Myr's reaction to Naboo and her uncertainty when she talked to the gondola man. *sniffs*

8. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    What a great story! Update soon, please!

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Criminy, Roo... Were you trying to make me get all misty-eyed?

Well, it worked. Get me a kleenex, dammit.

10. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I think Vader was seen first and foremost as scary. But behind that, there was some measure of respect, IMO, as he never seemed to mind hitting the front lines with his men.

Right. It's interesting to see how he goes out in ANH, for instance, to fight with the other pilots. In one way, I think it's a bit of disgust that the other fighters aren't doing a good job of defending the station. But he still didn't have to do so- he seemed to want to. If he believes the cause is right, I think that, yes, he'll join his men. The mask is obviously scary to most, for good reason, but if someone would actually take the time and look beyond the mask, I think they'd find someone there less...scary, and more, dare I say it, human. Worthy of respect, in any case.

I really enjoy Myr as a character. Her trust in her master is so deep and I just like how she acts as well. It's interesting that she would described Vader as a Seer- because in a way, he was one. And it wouldn't surprise me if he had actually forseen at least part of what would happen at Endor.

Poor Myr- she really is flustered around Gideon. Not that I blame her- she's in a very strange position. I'm just curious as to why Vader sent her to the Lake House- to me, it seems as if no one else would have known of it, so I'm not sure what good it is, sending her there...

Anyway, I really liked the chapter. Is the next chapter going to be the last? Because then I'm not sure if I want it quickly or not- because I'm not sure I want to see this end...

11. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    I agree with you, except for the little duel with his son. What's wrong with that? :p
    And you're welcome... [:D]

All right, *fangirl moment*

An update!!!!

;)

You made me teary-eyed for a droid, I can't believe it... :( And though Vader was not around anymore, it's funny how his presence was everywhere in the chapter. There's a code to go to Varykino? [face_thinking]
    Interesting.

I was surprised that the man knew so much. It's getting really interesting. And I didn't think we'd go that far in the future for the next chapters or so.

Poor Myr, I really felt for her, all alone and lost in an unknown world but loyal till the end to-

*grabs tissue and curses rhonderoo *

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Another great post!! Of all the possible plotlines you considered for the next chapters, I am so glad you chose this one for Myr. [:D]

And add me to the crowd getting vklempted about Dee. :_| Really great characterization there!

I, too, will be sad to see this story end. But on the other hand, I know what happens and I can't wait to read it. ;) It only gets better, folks! :D

13. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I'm really curious about what Myr will find and I love your signature. [face_laugh]

14. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I've been horrible about lurking on this story, but I've been following it from the beginning and enjoying it the whole way through. :) I'll be sorry to see it come to an end, but this has still been a beautiful story. Definitely some of your best work, rhonderoo. :)

15. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Very touching post. Can't wait to see what Myr will do up at Varykino. Wonderful! Wonderful! More please!

16. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I just got caught up on this story and am really loving it. Very much looking forward to the next post and Luke's reaction to the 'gift' I'm assuming Mry is about to give him.

17. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Upping because it just can't stay on page 4... [face_shame_on_you]

18. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    *sighs* Uppp!!!

19. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I'm upping because I read the Stover adaptation of ROTS this weekend and am Vader obbsessed now!

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm going to come back tomorrow and post author replies to all of you wonderful people when I am coherent and it's not midnight. But I thought I would go ahead and put up the ending and the prologue to the last bit that will be in Beyond the Saga. I'll be linking it here, too though. :) Thanks so much for reading this, guys, it has truly been the most fun I've had writing anything and as always a huge thank you to my wonderful beta and friend, Trace. [:D] @};-

I'm not much for writing OC's but I have to say, I've become a little attached to Myr. [face_blush]:(

Chapter Ten

Myr woke up to golden light and a light breeze floating in the tall arched window of her guest room at Varykino. She took a moment just to breathe in the scent that wafted through the luxurious but comfortable room. A tinkling sound caught her ear and, spellbound, she crossed to the window to find the source of the unfamiliar sound.

It was such a small sound, but its light, airy and somewhat melancholy noise was magical to Myr. It wasn?t melancholy in the sad sense of the word; just more of a wistful, yet peaceful melody. Like a sigh after a long hard day. Myr chided herself for her over-active imagination. It was three or four light notes by some unnamed instrument, not a metaphor for life.

She spotted the source of the tinkling melody in the form of a wind chime hanging from a tree in the garden overlooking the lake and mountains. She drew a deep breath. The air here smelled of flowers and mist. She didn?t think she had ever smelled or seen any place more beautiful. It was like something out of dream.

Just the thought of Lord Vader ever stepping foot in some place so?light, much less owning it, was incredible to her. She decided she would take the caretaker, Tendra up on her offer of a history lesson over breakfast in the garden. Today would be the day she would open the last set of documents left in her care by Lord Vader.

####

?Good morning, Milady. I?m so glad you decided to accept my invitation this morning,? Tendra, the caretaker, said as she held out her hand daintily. ?It has been so long since we have had visitors.?

Myr smiled shyly and took the seat offered by the middle-aged woman. Myr felt instantly at ease with the caretaker, whose warm brown eyes and rich brown hair seemed to be the prevalent physical characteristics of the human population on the planet. ?Thank you so much for your kindness,? she said as she unfolded the napkin on her lap.

The food smelled delicious and the fragrant spices made Myr?s mouth water. She had thought she would be so excited to learn more of her former employer?s estate that she wouldn?t be hungry, but she was wrong. She was famished and the relaxation of a good night?s sleep in a comfortable bed only increased her appetite.

They ate breakfast in relative silence, with bits of polite conversation dotted here and there. Myr found it odd that there seemed to be an air of curiosity surrounding Tendra regarding her purpose at the villa. Myr could only guess what story they had been told. In fact, she wondered if they had been told anything at all in preparation for her arrival. Maybe a code was all one needed to be let into the inner circle of the residence. She looked up to find Tendra studying her curiously. The caretaker quickly averted her eyes.

?I?m sure you?re wondering why I?m here,? Myr started hesitantly.

?No, actually, we knew you would be coming,? Tendra interjected with a smile.

?We received a short encoded transmission from Lord Vader several months ago, alluding to your arrival and directions to make your stay as comfortable and as long as you would like. It was his last transmission before his death,? she said.

A pang of sadness flitted across Myr?s heart at the mention of Lord Vader?s death. She looked down at the table and asked, ?Did he come here often??

?Oh, stars no,? Tendra said. ?We never actually saw him?in twenty-one years, can you believe

21. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Very interesting post. Liked the ending with Myr and the letter Vader left for Luke. It was very touching and very in character for Anakin. Thought the last scene in the future was extremely intriguing. Are you planning to continue on with that? This has been a great story!

22. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    Nooooooooo!!!!! It's over!!!!!! :_|

On a happier note, congratulations on a job well done! I've really enjoyed this story and am sorry to see it end. Is there any possibility for a sequel??? Please???

You have a wonderful gift of being able to convey emotions in your characters and helping your readers truly connect with them. Myr is possibly the best OC I have ever seen in a fanfic -- great job on her character development. I also liked the way you portrayed Vader -- Anakin Skywalker still exists in him and appears in the midst of Vader's darkness.

One last aspect of your fanfic that I liked was the way you tied the PT, OT, and EU together -- the epilogue was an excellent way of ending the fic. However, you made me want more!!!!! Better write a sequel!!!

23. darkjedi8906

darkjedi8906 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    I was linked here by a JTC member whats the fanfic about?

24. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    This was really an excellent story.

25. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    =D= =D=

This was a great story. Myr was a very nice character, and of course Vader was, well Vader, for lack of better word, and we all know that getting him right is a hard thing to do...

Hehe for the "Anakin Lucas Skywalker". Nice touch. ;)

I loved the description of the Ani/Padmé relationship in the eyes of outsiders. And the last sentence was just perfect because now they're happy at last . [face_love]

And now I can't wait for the sequel... It sure looks interesting and Luke and Leia finally get to know their parents together. Mara was a nice addition and she didn't feature prominently which is a good thing. :p
    I'm looking forward to the twins discovering their parents'lives. *rubs hands together*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.