main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Announcement] A Word from the 501st Sponsor *toots little horn*...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Sup. While trying to verbally beat up a couple of dorks that think owning armor makes them the center of the universe, my good buddy John wanted to say somethin'...

EDIT: Classification tag...

2. TK680

TK680 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    Hi All,

Let me introduce myself; I am the commander of the mountain garrison. I have been for well over a year and I am still trying to get things settled to my way of thinking.

I have met several of you and I wish we could have had the time to really sit down and talk 1 on 1, but time and con events got in the way of that. I have a great deal of respect for the RMFF and the Grey Jedi, but as with any group, profession, religon etc... we all have some bad apples and people with very strong ideas as to how things should go. This is no different with both of our groups.

This idea of "out doing the 501st" just keeps it going. The mountain garrison is not in competition with the RMFF and the Grey Jedi for any event. There is some bad blood between some members of both groups and some of those people are acting childish about it. Several recent posts on both boards prove that.

I was at the parade and from what I saw the biggest problems were not even with the RMFF or the Grey Jedi it was with the Klingons for the most part.

I have talked with Kim, Jeff and Stacy briefly, and I think they are good people.

All I am asking is if there are problems with any and I mean ANY mountain garrison member, you give me a shout and allow me a chance to correct the issue through your commander(s).

I have talked with the leader of the Grey Jedi and we worked out some of the issues between the 2 groups and I am continuing the line of communication in between real life issues and costuming issues. I wish to invite the same dialog with the RMFF leader(s). Not all of the 501st are the uber geeks that have been portrayed on your boards.

Lastly this is not intended to start a flame war between the 2 groups. I hope you can see this for what it is, a chance to clear up some issues between the groups.

I am addressing the issues on my end and hope the issues on this end can be addressed as well.

Kim my inbox is open to start the healing process and I hope to hear from you soon.

John Orndorff
    Mountain Garrison - CO
    tk680@mg501.com

3. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    *looks around cautiously, and toots little horn again*...

4. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh. There it is. :D

And what...ain't I "good people" either? [face_devil]

5. TK680

Jun 23, 2004
    Josh is a double agent ;)

nuff said?

John

6. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Hey!

AM NOT!!!

Or...am I? Hmmm?

7. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    well then

perhaps the our groups could work together to plan something really impressive for the cameras and media on saturday....

might be a better use of limited time and resources if we combine our talents and give the press something really great to talk about...

I don't know, just a suggestion=)

8. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    oh...

and not that I want to contribute to your ego in helping you toot that horn

but good job Josh;)

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    oh

and here is a suggestion for working together..

I know that everyone will show up in costume and that we will look mighty mighty impressive

there is no doubt about that

but remember, we represent the ultimate good guys and the ultimate bad guys. So why not act the part? Although I am new to the boards and "official" status I have known many of you for years. I know there is much thespian talent lurking around

So, what I suggest is this:

if the Imperial Troopers are there to guard the fighter, why not have rebels try to break through to steal it? We could have diplomats with Jedi gaurds trying work out "diplomatic" solutions. Bounty hunters trying to collect on their bounties, Imperial officers interrograting suspected rebels, the scum and villanry of the universe being scummy, you know, getting more into the roles and it would play into the fantasy of many of the kids that are sure to attend!

like I said, just a suggestion but I know we have the talent to pull it off and that it would be awesome!

Bexx

10. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    ok maybe i am clueless..(no comments) but what is the issue between the two groups? ok thanks!

11. TK680

Jun 23, 2004
    Melodyann,

SOme members of both groups have personality conflicts and go around PUBLICALY bashing the other group. There have been accusations thrown around about both groups some are legitimate some are not.

This public bashing on both groups forums has contributed to a somewhat hostile relationship. Take a look at some of the posts about the x-wing threads of both group pages and you will see what I mean.

I don't mean any dis-respect just stating a fact the some people in both groups just do not get along. I have tried to work through the problems on my side but not everyone is happy about it. I am still trying though.

I think it would be wonderfull to combine the talents of both groups on a project if it can be done in a civil manner by both groups. So I am extending a hand of friendship and am offering the assistance of the Mountain Garrison. we have quite a few people that have great talent in building props, some with machinery that might be able to lathe materials and such. All you have to do is ask and I will see what I can do.

If the RMFF doesn't want the help of the 501st that is fine also, but I would like to see us get over the personality issues and get on with the stuff that is the most important. i.e. costuming for the kids of all ages, doing charity work to better the community and the clubs.

Hope to hear from the RMFF leader(s) about this.

TK680
    John Orndorff
    MOuntian Garrison
    Commanding Officer
    tk680@mg501.com

12. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey John,

Just let me know what I can do to help=) I am all for working together and making a better showing to the community.=)

13. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    If you read John's post, there is no issue :D We are always willing to work with other groups & sometimes people have different ideas of how "helping" one group out should work.

John,
    No hard feelings here, I just keep thinking back to the parade, and like you, I think our two groups worked well together and with communication it will only get better. I think working together we could do amazing things, take SW fandom to a new level :D

I'm always open to any event the 501st would like us to participate in, and I hope we could always ask you if we needed help.

Thank you for you kind words, I will email you tonight so we can really do this right :D

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    kims probably at work at she can't post there to often. so it might take her a bit to get back to you.

I would like the idea of the group doing more things together. It could be fun and in the next year we have several huge things coming up. it could be great to work together on them.

Mac
    SCFF CR

15. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    As much as I enjoy thesbians doing what they do best...

*blushes*...

Actually working on a performance, or coordinating costumes would get a little crazy. There's really no "standard" Rebel costume since most of us make our own stuff -- there's not currently an easy way to get ahold of uniform-looking Rebel bitz (although I'm working on that). I know there's quite a few awesome looking Jedis here, as well as some really cool choreography that some of the P-town crowd has been working on, though. And I think OW has a Rebel fleet trooper. Can possibly try making a few helmets in time for the 10th. I have molds for X-Wing helmets, but they need *A LOT* of work.

Also, it sux0rs to do much of anything but stand around in Stormtrooper armor. It's not the same flexible ABS they used back in the day, and it doesn't allow much for running, and even kneeling without causing a lot of discomfort. LOL.

I'd be interested to see what we COULD do, though...

So, let's say...before the *8th*, we need a Rebel banner, maybe some fleet trooper helmets, and more importantly -- gotta have the X-Wing done.

16. TK680

Jun 23, 2004
    Thanks all and I look forward to hearing from you Kim.

Like you said with better communications we can smooth things along and make it a better experience for all people involved.

John

17. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    *gets smacked in the head with a ball coming in out of left field*

whoa, what was that?

I didn't realize there was a problem between the groups. I knew there was a bit of communication gap when it came to planning activities, but that's about all I knew about. If there were posts on THIS board that were derogatory toward the 501st, I completely missed it.

I guess I'm just saying that I didn't realize such a post was necessary. I knew we needed the communications lines reconnected, but didn't realize we had much bad blood between us.

but then what do I know? i'm just a stupid dragon ;)

18. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    The mess starts off in another thread on another board. There are some 501st members that think they're above everyone else, and are fairly anti-everything-that-doesn't-have-a-TKID, and we've been working on pushing their armored butts off their pedestals.

19. TK680

Jun 23, 2004
    Easy Josh, that wont help things any. You promised to help make things better with the 2 groups and I will hold you to your promise. :)

John

20. TK680

Jun 23, 2004

Snipit from the Mountian Garrison board today.

I just returned from a meeting with the museum people. I spoke with Doug Fox - Director of the Museum, Royal Stainbrook - Facilities Manager and Nancy McCurdy - Museum Staff Member. We discussed many, many things re: the X-Wing send off. Doug explained to us what role the RMFF is playing in the refurbishing of the X-Wing, which cleared a lot of things up for me.

We talked briefly about both the RMFF and the 501st working in cooperation with each other, which I do not have a problem with after finding out that the RMFF was part of the plan before the 501st got involved. I was under the wrong impression that the RMFF was trying to horn in on our deal, kinda like the last St. Paddy's Day Parade. With that said, I apologize for my tone and statements made in earlier posts.

The museum wanted to make it clear that this event is their thing and we, the RMFF and 501st are to work with them on the various events and follow their rules so as to make sure everyone, visitors and club members alike have the best time possible.

I need whomever it is from the RMFF that went and talked with Royal at the museum to contact me ASAP. They want to set up a meeting for next week, where the museum staff, you and me can finalize things.

I was asked by Doug if there would be interest in particiapting not only oh on Saturday July 10 but also on Sunday July 11, from 12:00pm - 5:00pm. I told him I'm sure there would be. Troopers, let me know your thoughts on this. I'm all for it. Any reason to armour up.

This is from one of the more vocal on my side. His appology should help smooth things over a bit.

I don't know who the RMFF person was that contacted the Museum people, but can you have him/her contact me and maybe we can get things finalized for the x-wing event. My email is tk680@mg501.com.

Kim, I hope this helps make things better between our 2 groups.

Some attitudes still need some adjusting but I am still working on that.

Thanks,

John

21. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
  22. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    It should, John. And I won't have to smack anyone the next time I go trooping. LOL. :D Maybe I'll just...hug them...with my dirty set of armor. Bwa ha haaaaa.

23. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ::gets a case of lysol wipes for all the clean troopers to use after Josh hugs them::

Josh, you stay away from my nice clean biker scout...........

24. tk432

tk432 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    no fear here.

Ive already gone dirty :D

25. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    lol

but I haven't yet!

I just got the outfit!

Thread Status: