main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Another New Girl ... boring

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Callous Jedi, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callous Jedi

Callous Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2020
    Hello Members and Guests:

I am Mary Sue, I can do anything as a female character in books and movies. You may have noticed a Mary Sue in Star Wars, just look at my avatar. I could defeat Darth Vader in my dreams. I can get the Emperor to get on his hands and knees and bark like a dog. I am a Mary Sue, I am the irrational female character you read in books with a price of $3.95 in the bulk section of your bookstore. I can defeat Buffy Summers and Faith at the same time with one hand tied behind my back.

Do not worry, I love irony and I will point that out in other topics.

If you send me a private message, I will respond within 48 hours on average.

JEDI-RISING and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Always Secret huh? Interesting. Seems you have rather formed opinions on certain subjects. Why are you looking for PM's? I hope you are here to enjoy SW Fandom and interact in a friendly way with our members.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I hope you're a sock. 'Cause I can't believe some new user would come on here with a brand new everything and, first post, point out what she doesn't like. That would be stupid and tasteless.

Usually I say "welcome!" on these things. This time, I say...

Good luck.

SynCrow, Emperor Ferus, EHT and 3 others like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Hi May Sue. I do want to welcome you to the forum; but please let us know you're not just in here to cause trouble.

5. Callous Jedi

Jan 27, 2020
    I have no wish to cause trouble. I just find it strange with a introduction. Introductions in my personal judgement is boring and very uninteresting. My position has always been: have you ever thought about it with this point of viewpoint. My debates will be always be rational, and without malice. But, I do not want to debate within a bubble. In general, I think outside the box. I have no malice, I have no personal grudge: just a wish to peal back the onion to see what is inside.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I've had many arguments in here regarding the whole "Mary Sue" moniker on female characters; from Ahsoka to Rey. I find it insulting, to be frank.

7. Callous Jedi

Jan 27, 2020
    Interesting! After all the times I have used that title, your the first person to know its meaning. I am very impressed! Will be friendly, that is the civilized way to be. It is a granted fact that people will be sending me PM's, just want to confirm I am open to responding back until the other person stops.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Callous Jedi

Jan 27, 2020
    Sorry you feel that way. But I do find that Rey is a Mary Sue. Yoda, the Skywalker family, the whole Jedi's could not kill the emperor. Years of supporting a Star Wars cannon collapsed: and what was it really was replaced with? I am not a fan of Disney, because Star Wars cannons will turn into cannons of the Terminator franchise. Make a movie, make money, and cannons gets in the way of profits.

9. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    In all seriousness, be that as it may, places like the WNU forum are more for introductions, showing the ropes, hanging out, etc. To go into a new place like this, with a post, and a very identity that is very... inflammatory, is at the very least unwise.

But what's boring about another friendly face? Who's your favorite SW character? What do you like about SW, because I have to assume that there's a ton you like about it that made you want to join an online forum. :)

EHT, Jedi Knight Fett and DarthIshyZ like this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Note - user's name was changed at her request. (Figured I'd note it otherwise the thread looks kind weird).

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    interesting user name you have :p

Welcome :D

12. Callous Jedi

Jan 27, 2020
    Thank you so much! I have a lot of female characters called Mary Sue as well [face_whistling]

13. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Pray tell, who do you consider Mary Sues? I must disagree with your opinions about Rey and Asokha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If she was a sock this thread would have been closed by now as socks aren’t allowed to make new welcome threads unless they are using an IP changer then they’d get away with it.

anyway either way welcome to the forums

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    What does it mean to be a "sock"?

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You have another user id besides your main one.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess that's like what they call a "Smurf" in online games like Overwatch.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There are legitimate reasons for having a sock - for example I have one that's a regular user and I use it for testing board stuff. However using one to circumvent a ban on your main ID is against the rules and will lead to a ban extension if discovered. (The sock would probably also be banned).

Dandelo likes this.
  20. Callous Jedi

Jan 27, 2020
    Have been a Administrator of a forum during my university years. Having a sock as a Administrator is needed to see how the forums looks and functions for the general membership. Having a sock also sees how a member interacts with another member, if he or she believes the sock is just a common member. Clearly, someone spamming is not going to send messages to the Administrator. Than again, you cannot fix stupid.

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I didn't know if this is a better question for Comms, but are user name change requests going to be happening in 2020 and are you in charge of that? Or was this an easy one off unique change for a user who is brand new and is it still too taxing on the system to update all instances of the user name for established users?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Blackhole E Snoke and Dandelo like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

23. Callous Jedi

Jan 27, 2020
    It is your viewpoint and I respect your viewpoint. Like I always tell my coworkers and my friends: you cannot win over 100% of the people reading your white papers; you cannot win over 100% of the people reading your policy papers; you cannot win over 100% of the people you will contact. When someone objects, just respect their viewpoints. If their argument is respectful: give them credit for their comments. If not, just move on. Your comment was respectful and I hope over time I can change your mind. Take care, and enjoy your life.

24. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    BookExogorth likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ha, I can confirm that @MarvelRulesStarWarsDrools and @Mary Sue are not the same person. I wouldn't lie either. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.