main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another what if . . .

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by I_am_Kooky, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    What if. . .

Qui-gon could take Shmi AND Anakin back to Coruscant.
    What would happen to Shmi?
    Would she go to the temple and work there?
    Would she work in Coruscant somewhere else?
    Would the Jedi Support her?
    And would have Anakin still turned to the Dark side? (Considering that I think that is one of the facts that Anakin turned is because his mother was still on Tatooine as a slave for all Anakin knew and that Anakin could not keep his promise the way he thought. )

What do you guys think ?

( I have no memory of this being a topic, if it is, sorry)

2. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    Hey, Kooky. There is a somewhat similar thread here. However, that thread was locked. I am obviously not the one to determine whether you should discuss this any further in this thread; the last one actually became quite ridiculous.

3. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Oh. . .*hids* sorry. . . :D

4. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    Don't worry.:) There isn't anything to be sorry for. If this topic has already run the gamut, then I'm sure a mod will lock it. Otherwise, we are free to discuss this matter at length.

5. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Well, to answer your question I_am_kooky, it certainly would have given Anakin better stability to have his mother freed. Even if Qui-Gon still died, Anakin would have been stable enough to know that his mother was free. I don't think he would have turned to the dark side, and that his training would have been perfect.

Still there's the issue of balancing the Force. In my opinion, he wouldn't have to turn to the dark side in order to balance the Force and probably would have done it sooner than later.

6. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Things might have gone better for Anakin, for sure.

7. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    In my opinion, he wouldn't have to turn to the dark side in order to balance the Force and probably would have done it sooner than later.

But what if his turning to the Dark Side was part of balancing the Force? Then, either way it would have to happen. The Jedi are so stuck in the Light/Dark division, that going to the 'Dark Side' might have been just what the doctor ordered - or prophecy for that matter.

8. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    You're missing my point. Anakin balanced the Force when he killed the Emperor, right? The prophecy says nothing about the Chosen One turning to the dark side or being a Jedi at all. It clearly states that the Chosen One will have an abundance of midichlorians and will be destined to alter the Force forever.

It doesn't really matter when he killed the Emperor, as long as he did it. It could have taken place as a young Jedi or an experienced Sith. As long as he did it.

9. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    Then again, who are we to know the will of the Force? I am simply saying that Anakin's journey to the Dark Side could have been the will of the Force and therefore a necessary component of the prophect. The prophecy was recorded by the Jedi, so it might not contain every last minute detail about the Chosen One and his journey. Perhaps, in order to kill the Emperor, Anakin needed to experience the Dark and the Light - and be saved by the Light.

10. starfreak

starfreak Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2005
    totally agree with jades fire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.