main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Ant-Man (and the Wasp) (Quantumania): Kicking Your Ass, One Inch at a Time

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 18, 2014.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Of course.

Just saying what it feels like as of now.

If the movie is a colossal hit and we get 2 more Ant-Man movies I will be pleasantly surprised

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We'll probably have more trailers, hopefully better than this one. I thought the first GotG trailer was also pretty unimpressive.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Rudd will do a good job

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Yes. It is just a teaser. But much like the first Lantern teaser, it just came across as a generic superhero action movie. Once we get the full trailer that better explains the story and hopefully shows us some more completed action shots, along with the villain and Wasp, then I think we'll be better able to judge. I just think that for a first showing, this one was a bit underwhelming. Still, at least this one has a trailer, poster and logo unlike say Fox's Craptastic Four. [face_whistling]

5. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Honestly I didn't really have an issue with this trailer, thought it was perfectly serviceable. Not to mention it's still being called a 'teaser' so I'm guessing this was just to keep the movie in the public eye while the theatrical trailer will really sell it well.

I think we already saw 'Wasp' Evangeline Lilly's Hope Van Dyne character. Pretty sure she's not going to be Wasp in this, probably a Rhodey in Iron Man type deal with a possible hint at her getting the role in a later movie

6. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Bleh, they should put right in the trailer: "The Ant Man Movie Edgar Wright Didn't Want You To Suffer Through!"

7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    "If Only He Had Left Scott Pilgrim Too!"

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What? Kate from Lost is in this, too? Who is her agent? Why is this happening?

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I remain "Hopeful" that we'll see the actual Wasp flying around and not just Hope Van Dyne in a business suit al movie. Also hoping for a brief Giant Man at some point. I know much of this is changed and the focus is obviously Ant-Man, but really you can't have Ant-Man without the Wasp and of all the franchises, this is the least likely to see a viable sequel due to the very poor Rogue Gallery. So I hope they don't hold back at the very least.

10. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    She retired from acting and was pulled out of retirement by Peter Jackson. This is happening because, I assume, they pursued her and it was a big enough paycheck to be worth it for her. I don't think she has any particularly artistic aspirations here.

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah I really want to get Wasp but with Marvel being so close to flat out denial of her being Wasp in this movie I'm not hopeful.

At best I'm seeing them do something like with Pepper in Iron Man 3 where she gets to wear the armor for a minute and that's our 'Rescue' for the MCU.

Yeah she did an interview recently where she's mostly focussing on writing rather than acting but she took the roles in Hobbit and Ant-Man because the directors asked her to join

12. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm looking forward to it, thought the trailer was enough. I'm more interested in how the GA will react. I want this movie to be successful.

13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    But I mean, she did a decent job in Lost. She didn't treat anyone wrong. It's not like she murdered an orphan or something. Yet, her subsequent filmography is:

1. Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots
    2. Overly Long Hobbit Movies
    3. "Ant Man"

Just. what. You want to believe there's some sort of fairness in the world.

14. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    How is this unfair and who is it unfair to?

15. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    She wrote a children's book recently. Think she said she's given up acting and is mostly doing writing now. She does acting roles when requested by people she'd like to work with.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Like Edgar Wright, lol.

17. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Well, if she's decided she's not acting anymore for good, it's a different issue. But come on now. Every one of those movies I listed that has been released thus far is completely terrible. No one who wants to be a serious actor deserves that.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    How at this point is it not clear that she doesn't want to be a serious actor?

19. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    She doesn't want to be a serious actor. I covered that, you obtuse buffoon who never listens to anyone.

20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    It is clear now, after reading Antilles post. After ASO's initial one, I wasn't clear on whether she was coming out of retirement for one film or had been persuaded to come back to a full career. Given that it's been clarified she doesn't want to do this, I'm happy for how things have turned out. Seems like a very thoughtful interview, for what it was worth.

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    After Scott Pilgrim and The World's End? Not much.

This movie might end up sucking, but Wright's presence is not a warranty of quality. Not anymore.

Yodaminch likes this.
  23. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    EDIT: That was over the line. My apologies.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Not at all. Both movies were mediocre. Even more relevant, Pilgrim is also a really bad comic book adaptation.

It sucks that he didn't get to finish such a personal project of his, but he's no golden boy.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Did not get a Green Lantern vibe from this trailer at all. At least with this one I got the sense that Scott Lang, with the brief glimpses of him going to prison and the brief clips of his daughter, was more of a realized 3 dimensional character, as opposed to say, Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern trailers.

TrandoJedi likes this.