main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I think Aurra Sing is basically guaranteed to make an appearance in a movie about Boba Fett and other bounty hunters.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Still pretty much convinced that Boba Fett's daughter was supposed to be in the ST. It could still make a decent movie - the young, orphan girl brought up in the Resistance with no knowledge of her lineage.

3. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    Rogue Two trailer

4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Legit lol :cool:

Blue 5 likes this.
  5. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I would watch it. :D

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Yoda huh?

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, there were rumours about Lucas wanting to make a Yoda film way, waaay back (around the time of ROTS I believe). Maybe that's one of the films he actually pitched during the sale.
    There were rumours about a Yoda film soon after the standalones were announced as well. I'd say go for it, if they have a good story. And Frank Oz should be the first guy they approach to direct it.

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Well he is going to be on set doing Yoda's lines :D

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Fixed for accuracy. ;)

11. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012

Frank Oz was on set of The Last Jedi, rumour is he read Yoda's lines to Mark Hamill and rerecord them later as per usual.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'd be up for a Yoda film, he's one of the franchise's most loved characters.

What era would people like them to explore?

13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    So Varietys report also includes a "Jabba the Hutt story"?

14. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Yoda movie, if Lucasfilm chose the best era of the movie, could be a great idea.
    But a Jabba the Hutt movie? :rolleyes:

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Jabba the Hutt was actually a proud and famous Baron who got cursed and infected by a Bene Gesseret which explains why he's so morbidly-

Oh wait

BadCane likes this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    A Jabba movie... Must be reading that wrong... Ok so how bout a BOR GULLET movie then..?

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    A Jabba movie? As somebody once famously said, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'll camp outside of a cinema for a Jabba the Hutt film.

And, continue to stay outside even after the film is showing.

wobbits, jaqen, Bor Mullet and 4 others like this.
  19. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I've seen a couple of different commentators recently (Harloff and Grace Randolph) who claim to know people inside of Lucasfilm mention that they have been told that a young Princess Leia movie is in development. It would be set during her late teens when Bail and Breha were still piecing together the Rebellion.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    wobbits and jaqen like this.
  20. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Boba Fett A Star Wars Story - Goes into Fett's life post TCW and how he started working for Jabba

Big Shot Gangster Putting Together a Crew A Star Wars Story - My theory is that all those rumours about the Jabba film are actually about this film. Big Shot Gangster Jabba the Hut puts together a crew with Boba Fett, Han, Chewie, Boosk and IG-88 to do a mission against Maul's Crimson Dawn.

Kenobi
    A Star Wars Story - The one everybody wants. Ewan Mcgregor returns! Obi-Wan has to protect Luke against some kind of threat. Maybe some bounty hunters get word about Luke and he has to stop them before they tell the Empire. The ending of the film should recreate the Maul duel from Rebels.

Rogue Two A Star Wars Story - Inspired by the group "Rogue One" a group of Rebels head out on a deadly mission to steal the plans of the deadly Death Star 2. Many Bothans will die....

Yoda A Star Wars Story - Yoda always has been so powerful and so wise but what led him to be this way?

Luke Skywalker A Star Wars Story - We finally get to see our favourite hero in his prime inbetween ROTJ and TFA.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  21. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    That’s actually a pretty interesting thought about the Jabba film. I never knew what to make of those rumors about the Jabba stand-alone because it seemed so far-fetched and random. But I do believe these stand-alone are building to something. Building to the BSGPTAC makes total sense, and informs what LFL might be envisioning with a Jabba film.
    Especially if Fett has a similar ending to Solo in that he gets drafted to work for Jabba after an unrelated adventure wrapping up his CW arc.

Hell, you could even setup Kenobi film in the same way and have him ultimately drafted into the crew. Either coercion or blackmail from the Hutts to track down Maul, perhaps Jabba learns of Kenobi’s identity and his rivalry with Maul.

You could potentially have Kenobi, Fett and other bounty hunters, and Han and Chewie and even Lando, all on the same crew going up against Maul and Qi’Ra. Vader and Palps could be aware of this, aware of Maul, aware of Kenobi, and get involved.

When you hear about all these stand-alones in development, all occurring around roughly the same time period and in reoccurring locations, it starts to inform LFL’s long-term thinking. And all roads lead to Big Shot Gangster Putting Together a Crew: A Star Wars Story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    We will need to hear about what they are planning this summer, even in generalities. 2020 is only two years away and it takes at least that amount of time to make a movie. If they are going to come out with something in the summer or even winter of 2020 we will have to find out for sure in the next month or two.

23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Some of the most creative and catchy storylines in the past several years have been from Disney pixar and animated (Moana, Frozen, Coco, Inside Out among others). They should get some of those writers involved with SW, add a bit of good vs evil and I bet they could come up with some great stories.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Kevin Smith In this Video seems to be hinting that he Is working on something super secret that he cant talk about Its not his own world but He Is being able to step inside and play with there toys. Could he be talking about Directing a Star Wars movie?

25. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Solo 2 could be a Jabba film but surely it can't have Lando making contact with Jabba and his entourage.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.