main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Anti-Fascism on the Homefront

Discussion in 'Community' started by Outsourced, Jan 10, 2021.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So you're suggesting that we shouldn't support the US healthcare system? Good because most of us don't. But we still have to participate in it. I can't boycott it or I'll die, especially as a person with several disabilities. This is NOT the same thing for the gun industry and you know it.

Just as Starfish said, Healthcare is something I have to have. Food I have to have. Bottled water I don't need, so I always say **** Nestle and don't buy their stuff on purpose. But I can't escape the negative legacy of the fruit industry if I ever want fresh fruit. It's literally necessary to use some of these things. It doesn't compare to the gun industry at all.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I agree with all that. If you had said this earlier, I would have said you were right and supported it. My whole issue was with the supposition that these industries were somehow better or more moral than the gun industry.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I did not at all mean to imply that. I only meant to imply they at least serve a function in society that I need. Guns don't. That's all.

4. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Cool, yeah I absolutely understand that. Still don't necessarily agree with the outlook, but I get the logic and respect it.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    What crazed plan are you trying to loop me into? ;p

6. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Long story, but had an in person encounter with the Proud Boys this evening- I was there to speak at the school district board meeting with some others and I talked about hybrid learning and masks.
    They followed us to the cars and blocked us, so we took a detour
    I think they had knives too, so we couldn't afford to respond to their shouts of abuse and taunting.

7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    That sounds horrible! So glad nobody was hurt... [:D]

8. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    It reminded me of this thread and about the discussion about the left being armed in anticipation,

and thanks @Thena [:D]

Iron_lord and Thena like this.