main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Antifa and Fa: the cultural division and fight of free speech in America

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    If we really must get down to figures, the far left win the tally of the dead over the far right by over fifty million.

2. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    >claims to be a centrist
    >blatant transphobia in the same post

shocking

4. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    "Hey! Thanks for inviting us over!"

"No problem! Hey, by the way, what do you identify as?"

"Well, I'm non-binary, so I don't really identify with a gender."

"...Get the **** out of my house."

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Are you all saying someone named Adrian isn’t cool?

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  7. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I forgot this thread existed. Oh well. I kinda left it after that article thing. But I thought of starting a thread about "fake news" but I'll just put it here as I guess it deals with the free speech issue.

Recently I saw a video of some protesters at Stone Mountain, some open carried. Kind of ironic but not surprising as Antifa has talked about it before, but despite the title I can't confirm those who did were members or other demonstrators or not. But main news has been the founder of the PB supposedly during, and antifa members are facing federal charges due to assaulting marines.

But my thoughts stray elsewhere to the topic I wanted to post about: Fake news and Covington.

The Covington boys were destroyed, I'll say again, DESTROYED, by the MSM and social media...until the full video came out showing the BHI were the ones casting slurs, and then the Native American incident, but it showed the complete opposite of what the media so thinks of those that wear those red hats. In fact, the racist bigotry was shown by them who accuse those who wear the hats as that but don't. In 72 hours, the media hysteria went from hype to downplaying the thing but many now face possible serious libel suits...

Add into this this strange Smollett case. The guy claims he was attacked by two Trump supporters, but turns out it seems that he set the thing up himself. Now whether it was to help his career as he was worried he'd get written off Empire or to make Republicans look bad, don't know, but it was having the same effect...till facts started to come out.

The way the MSM ate up both, and are now backtracking, show a complete disregard for actual journalism and for political hysteria that they so push and want. Even the Democratic candidates who supported Smollett are having to backtrack. It's another case of people claiming false things against Trump supporters when it was themselves doing it to cause harm.

Now there have been some of the opposite order of Trumpers doing the same thing: fake victimizing. But it's been less rampant but still annoying when they do. Regardless right or left -- you dont need to make someone look bad, just let them by them and it will show for themselves either way.

I think it can be summed up this way: a lot of pundits look at Charlottesville as an example of "the bad ol Republicans or trumpers". That moment has stayed with us and gets mentioned all over the place. But now Covington shows it you can say about the left.

And as sucky as either thing is, it's not going away. It's going to only get worse.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  8. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Were any of the Covington kids killed or injured?

This false equivalency thing is stupid. Refer to the comic I posted above for what I think of it.

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    He never made that claim. He said he was attacked, and that they yelled racist and homophobic slurs. He did not ascribe any political affiliation to his attackers.

EDIT: speaking of claims of political affiliations...
    Wakanda nonsense is this?

10. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    @Point Given how many were threatened afterwards? How much slander, threats towards the school, the kids, and their parents don't equal that in your eyes? One died at Charlottesville with others injured, that DOES NOT MEAN you can call for more violence and death. It is equal because it's both disgusting. In fact, it's more disgusting because we saw what happened there at Charlottesville how both were bad. But here we see death threats toward a perceived wrong but then are shown innocent.

Its true about Charlotsville there was violence from both sides. But on an obvious oopsie you can say they refuse to take ownership in this when they should. Why ask for more violence when it needs to stop?

@Jedi Merkurian wakanda nonsense? No, truth. And no I'm not changing my mind on it. I can't help what they do now, but you can not deny that the KKK were Democrats historically. I just visited a town that had a statue to freaking Nathan Bedford Forest, a Democrat who was first head of the KKK, for saving the town. You want to tell me the democratic party have nothing to do ever with the KKK? Give me a break

11. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Remember guys:

It's far more important to continually remind people who started the KKK than it is to actually deal with who the KKK are aligned with currently.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    At the same time Democrats formed the KKK Republicans were fighting for the right of black people to vote and sent the Union army to exterminate the Klan. What ever happened to those Republicans?

13. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    With no one really.

1. Keith Ellison

2. Tulsi Gabbard

3. Hillary Clinton

The KKK in whole are today opportunists. They support who they want. No one wants them, yet they cling to whoever fits them.

CernStormrunner likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There is also quite a difference between “The KKK are left-leaning” and “The KKK were Democrats.”

It is true that the Democrats were the party of racists up until the 1960s.

It is also true that the 1960s were over 50 years ago. There is nothing left-leaning about the KKK now.

And let’s look at which Presidential candidate the KKK endorsed in 2016. Hint: it wasn’t Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

And @AutumnLight91 : “rollcall.com”? The Washington Times? Fox?

Really?

Here you go. A legitimate news source, founded in 1877, took down Nixon. Not Internet clickbait targeting right-wingers.

The KKK’s official newspaper endorses Donald Trump for President

I can’t stand Ellison, Gabbard or Clinton, but let’s not pretend that they are somehow the real racists and Donald “I don’t want black people renting my apartments” Trump is a proponent of diversity and racial equality.

Now if Trump or his party want to actually go back to being the party of Lincoln and send armies to exterminate the Klan, as opposed to accepting their endorsement and calling the tiki torch marchers “very fine people”...I’ll certainly give them credit for it.

15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    It’s ok to punch a nazi or KKK even if they happen to be a Democrat.

16. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Correct. That is not equal to someone being murdrered, and many more injured by the car driver or beaten to a pulp by the alt-right thugs at Charlottesville. Why do you think those are equal?

Do you think Democrats and Republicans are the same as they were 150 years ago? Do you not grasp the concept that both parties have changed in over a century and a half? I would have been a Republican 150 years ago had I been around. I am not one today, because the Republican and Democratic values of the 1860's are different than now.

17. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
  18. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Because violence is violence and slander and threats can lead to it. People defend antifa violence all over the place since Charlotteville cause they see them as good but when they attack people but are mad when people fight back? Antifa are not the good guys. KKK or whoever aren't either. They're both equally vile.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    No, CNN is clickbait, sensationalist, and was not founded in 1877.

And Investors.com has an “extreme right wing” bias.

If you can find me a news source that does fact-checking from a neutral—not moderately right-wing or extremely right-wing—perspective, a news source that existed prior to the Internet, which says that the Washington Post is “fake news”, I will consider believing it.

i would sooner believe that the birdhouse in my back yard is really a jet plane, not a birdhouse, than believe that a news source with an “extreme right-wing bias” is more accurate than the Washington Post.

And no, Antifa are not “equally vile”, because Antifa are not demanding the Jewish people and people of color leave the country or be executed. And I am not going to give a bunch of Nazis a pass for “fighting back” when they are attacked for being racist bigots, because racist bigotry is not an opinion that deserves respect of any kind.

The cause and principles are important here, not the methodology. There is no way to negotiate with neo-Nazis who are eager to run a woman over with a car because, one, she is 32 years old and doesn’t have children yet (how dare she), and two, because she is opposed to the racism that they embrace. And the tiki torch bearers in Charlottesville do not deserve a modicum of respect, or excuses.

20. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I'm so confused. Duke did endorse Gabbard no matter your news source. That crazy CA KKK person was saying his views even though it was Fox. Fox can't speak for him. CA is a very liberal state and it wouldn't surprise me if CA has KKK who appear less conservative than those in a very conservative state.

None of this changes that it doesn't matter what the KKK was 50 years ago > what they are now.

In another thread people were talking about how Gabbard has kind of a connection to Hindu nationalism. You know who else likes nationalism? The KKK. It makes sense.

Do you believe your nation that has a lot of different religions is a Hindu nation that should only be Hindu and you are afraid of the other religions, in particular Islam? Do you believe your nation is a white nation and it should only be a white nation? Do you fear people crossing the southern border?

Can you not see the similarities and why there would sympathy between them?

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I remember when fake news was just those clickbaits with obviously fake headlines {"Pope Endorses Trump") made by some guy in Mace-- North Macedonia. Gotta admire Trump and his supporters for successfully appropriating terminology and then using it over and over and over.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    “Fake news” from Trump supporters equals “stories from any publication that criticizes Trump or neo-Nazis.”

23. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Man, I can't wait for Autumn to dip from the thread again so the thread can die for a few more months until he has another "credible news article" to bring back up.

24. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    PS I do NOT want to imply that Gabbard and the KKK are equivalent, and I think so many political questions suffer from such a severe lack of nuance that I certainly don't want to be all, OMG is there even a whiff of just potential connection between Gabbard and people who might endorse the mass slaughter of Muslims? Then she is evil and stands for all that is evil in the world! Purity test failed!

25. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    @anakinfansince1983 so Forbes wouldn't count then? Plus WP is being sued for defamation

By fighting back I meant it not about Charlottesville. Part of the reason those people there were armed the way they were was because of Antifa's history at Berkeley and elsewhere, and even after Charlottesville.

@Outsourced and I didn't bring this back up. I was fine letting it be. I was going to make a thread about the Smollett case and media hysteria. But I put it here since it was here on the front page.