main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any fans in the Peoria area??

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by The_Sith_Hunter, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I am a fellow fan, but live in the Peoria area. I am looking for some fellow fans to hang out with and play the RPG. Hope to hear from my fellow Peoria fans! MTFBWY

2. quadcityteecee1

quadcityteecee1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Hello Sith Hunter--
    The official chapter of the Star Wars Fan Club in the Quad Cities is only an Hour and a half, or $45.00 in gas one way (j/k) from you, in Moline and Port Byron, up I-74/I-80.

I am a member of the QCJO, and also help run an independent general Scifi-Fantasy-Horror group in the area, called the Orion Organization (http://groups.yahoo.com, search under "orion_organization")

If you'd like (and for anyone reading this;)), we are having our April meeting on the 9th, at 2pm, in East Moline,IL, just off I-88. It is accessible 10 minutes off I-80 and I-74. It is at 16th avenue (Illinois Rte. 92 West) and 7th Street in downtown East Moline, across from Metrobank. We are having final plans for Orion to help with promotion of Star Wars III, and I'll have a bit on our James Bond/X Files interest group too.

3. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Het TC,

Quit pimpin your other organization on the boards. You have posted it or mentioned it on every post-enough! Sorry for sounding irate and agitated but just make one thread to your organization.

Sith-Hunter, I am Uluulix the Comms officer for the QCJO. I have been out of the scene for a few days due to surgery. I am a member of the QCJO and I live between the Quads and Peoria-I will officially be in Peoria starting May 1. It is very important to see the thread about the R2 party and attend if you can. You can PM me for further details.

Thanx,

Uluulix

4. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    there is no other organization... I am only three or four days into the posting thing and I got a steep learning curve. I am just looking for other people that are closer than a 90 minute drive is all.

5. docgrady

docgrady Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Master Ulix was not referring to you but one who is pimpin another cause on these boards - I know there is no group official in Peoria - I am located too about the half-point between river city and the QC.

6. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Thanks for the clarification Doc. Now his post makes more sense. I was confused and taken aback by it, but now I see the post in a different light.
    Thanks MTFBWY

7. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I live in Peoria now and had thought about starting a fanforce up here as well but I din't plan on living here for long and didn't think bailing would be fair to any group. I'm not into RPG unfortunately but Ulix lives here now so maybe we can all get together and just hang out. You know make fun of Chris behind his back n stuff.

Later

8. Achilles_of_Peoria

Achilles_of_Peoria Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    Btw just so it's perfectly clear to any fan force members that may not know . . I was kidding about that last sentence. Sometimes sarcasm and subtlety don't come through too well on post boards when there's no expression or tone of voice. ty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.