main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Any Star Wars lovers from Kingston here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Boba_Darzel, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Darzel

Boba_Darzel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Just wondering if im the only one around here from Ktown that loves the Star Wars.

2. Dacks

Dacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2001
    I heard the snow-ghost-of-hoth is from kingston.

3. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah i thought so to, cause he accused me of being from kingston haha :D He is here right now but i think hes just going to Queens.

4. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm at Queens too.

5. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Really? what are you studying? and where are you originally from?

SheGonnaBlow is also kingstonian, but hes my bud so he doesnt count.

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Everybody counts.

7. Snow-Ghost-of-Hoth

Snow-Ghost-of-Hoth Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    ... ME NO FROM KINGSTON ... ME FROM HOTH ... BUT STUDY "ARCTIC MEALS" AT QUEENS ...

... RRR ...

8. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Woofer-
    No he doesnt count :D

i was wondering how do you become a VIP? does that mean you work for this site or what?

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I'll answer for Woofer (John) with the Admin. Response.
    How can I get involved?
    As a member of FanForce and your group, their a few ways you can get more involved. The first opportunity is the City Representative position, or CR. CR's have essentially replaced what are known as moderators. A moderator is responsible for maintaining their online forum. However, a CR transcends this role because they are also responsible for representing their chapter and its interests.

A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. The members of a chapter elect a CR. However, if a group has not yet become a recognized chapter, they may still elect someone to represent them and their interests until said group becomes official.

Another option is serving as Regional Support Administrator, or RSA. The role of RSA varies and is largely determined by the creativity and proactively of the individual. Nevertheless, there are sets of core responsibilities that must be upheld by any RSA:

RSA's are elected by Global Support Staff.
    RSA's are responsible for a region or sometimes an entire country. They must address any and all concerns issued by chapters in their region or country. RSA's do this by interfacing directly with City Representatives (CR) from each chapter.
    RSA's assist chapters in devising and helping implement activities. They are also responsible for posting news and event information to the FanForce main page.
    RSA's will engage FanForce Global Support for the escalation of all issues that cannot be directly addressed or resolved on a regional level. Situations in which this is necessary will vary. (For example: No City Representative will be relieved of his assignment without the consensus of Global Support. In addition, no FanForce member will be banned from the forums without said consensus and authorization.)
    RSA's will be directly responsible for overseeing the formation of new FanForce cities and chapters. In addition, he/she is required to know and understand the leadership structure of each city in his/her region or country.
    RSA's are "moderators" for their region/country's "General Discussion" forum.
    FanForce Staff as whole, to devise a reasonable and fair solution, will handle any issues that have not been directly addressed in this document.
    CITY REP'S of Canada
    Woofer (John) is the CR for the Niagara Chapter.
    TragicLad (Rob) is the CR for Toronto.
    TheGrandePoobah (David) is the CR for Ottawa/Toronto.
    Rani Veko (Veronica) is the CR for Victoria.

RSA's of Canada
    YoungJediNiagara (Me, Chris) is the RSA of Canada.
    Uilmuteiz (Sebastien) is the RSA of French Canada/Quebec

10. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    I nominate Bobby for Kingston CR. I'd nominate myself but I'm from Montreal.

11. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Let me explain how you become an official FanForce Chapter, and elect a CR.

1) You will need to find at least 2 other people in your area on FanForce (or you can recruit some and have them sign up).

2) Between you and the other FanForce members in your area, set a date and plan an activity/event (movie night, or even a coffee).
    You must tell me about the activity so that I can post the event on the FanForce News Events page, thereby making the event a FanForce event.

3) You must have 3 people attend the event, and you must have 3 events to become an official FanForce Chapter.

4) Once you have your 3 activities/events, the next step is to vote for a City Rep. The City Rep must be at least 18 years of age.

12. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Hm. I have a list of people from Kingston who are on the JC. I bet that next year, I could set something up. 3 events of 3 people each? No problem.

Oh and JediNiagara, why were DacksII and ROAMER on your watched users list before they even posted? I mean I like the attention and all but I was just curious.

13. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I believe they visited our YoungJediNiagara.com website. I was just watching to see if they were from around here.

I'm always looking for new YJN club members.

14. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Dacks, you know any other Ktowners besides snow ghost?

15. Snow-Ghost-of-Hoth

Apr 6, 2002
    ... RRR ... HERE IS LIST YOU SEEK ...

Snow-Ghost-of-Hoth
    Jedi_Lanna_Hanishe
    Dacks
    Adam-the-Indifferent
    CranieAmidala
    Boba_Darzel
    GreyJediAntarFodoh
    Jedi_Sheridan
    Mistress Sudafed
    Light_Side
    Darth_Tier
    Darth_Sutherland

... BELIEVE THESE ONES FROM KINGSTON ...
    ... NOT SURE ... LUKE ... HELP ME ....

16. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Adam-the-Indifferent -- Hamiltonian, living in Toronto mainly, can be found in the Toronto forum on a regular basis, and all round nice guy.

CranieAmidala -- Niagara. Student in school in St. Catharines. Volunteer at local cable company and memeber of our Episode II Line-up commitee.

Jedi_Sheridan -- Goes to Niagara College, therefore not seen by either the Niagara group or the Toronto group. Lives in London while not in school?

As for the rest, I don't recognize the names immediately, and could very well be from Kingston area. Anyone else??

17. Snow-Ghost-of-Hoth

Apr 6, 2002
    ... ODD ... THEY ALL SHARE THE SAME IP ...

18. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Hey! Hey! im not FROM here, i just live here. BIG difference [face_mischief]

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Umm... I'm a former Ktowner. Such a cool place. :)

I'll go back to my hole now.

20. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Cool place? how long did you live here? and have you ever lived in a large city?

I cant stand a city that wont support its only sport teams. Minor ones maybe but better then nothing.
    I mean i cant go from watching Habs and Jets games to no NHL, but the frontenacs will have to do, it is decent hockey. But they get under 2000, stupid city.

21. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    The problem with Kingston is that is thinks itself to be a city, but it really only has a small town, rural, late 1800's mentality. The Frontenacs could well draw in a substancial crowd. The team and the City just don't see the basic logic and common sense in building a new arena that could probably pay itself off in about 10 years.

I'm also presently residing in Kingston, much to my dismay.

22. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Well, I'm NEAR Kingston, but I'm near Ottawa too... It's a happy medium, the best of both worlds. Small city life between 2 nice cities. (I love historical places, so I love Kingston and Ottawa)

23. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    Hey Prophet.

Yeah, I'm a Kingstonian as believed. "Jedi_Lanna_Hanishe" is my sock, so she's a Kingstonain too.

24. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Why two socks? Different computers?

25. northern_alliance

northern_alliance Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Hey..I'm from Kingston too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.